SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thibeaultstable

Fall Swap Announcement.............

ann_t
17 years ago

There has been some interest in a Fall Swap.

This swap is going to be a little different. We have had themes in the past that have been adhered to by some and ignored by others. The feedback I've received from a number of regular participants is that they would like to see a Swap where everyone participating agrees to stick to the Swap Theme. If you are a person that has a problem with limits, then you might want to wait until the next swap.

With that in mind, this swap is going to be a Fall Theme, and will be limited to three specific categories, one item per category.

1. Homemade/Handmade

This could be anything from one jar of homemade jam/jelly/pickles, etc or something else handmade/crafted by yourself or someone else. DoesnÂt have to be a food item.

2. Cookbook - Self-Explanatory

3. Local

Local gives a lot of options too.

Please note that three items means three items. The only exception would be if something comes in a set. Such as a set of placemats, or napkins, a pair of candles, a box of coasters, cards, or a salt and pepper set, or anything else that would normally be considered a set.

The other information you need to know is the same as in previous swaps:

In order to participate you must be a member of the Cooking forum and have actively participate for at least three months. The minimum is $30.00. Shipping is EXTRA. If you have a problem shipping to Canada or anywhere else outside of the USA please let me know before I start matching up partners.

Once you have committed to participating it is important that you follow through.

And since we all worry about our boxes arriving it is important that you post as soon as possible after you receive your box. If for some reason you canÂt post quickly then at least email your partner letting them know that it has arrived.

If possible take pictures, lots of pictures to post. And just in case your partner doesnÂt have a camera, try to remember to take photos of the gift that you are sending.

If you are interested in this swap please sign up here. Sign-up will close on Thursday, September 28th. And last day to ship will be Saturday, November 4th.

If you haven't participate before then you need to email me your full name, address and telephone number.

Ann

Comments (142)

• traceys
    17 years ago

I can't believe I almost missed this. I would like to be included also. I love the theme and rules. I have issues with setting limits so this is great.

Thanks Again Ann!!

Tracey

• Carol Schmertzler Siegel
    17 years ago

Please include me, too, Ann! Thank you for organizing!

• Related Discussions

Central Ohio Plant Swap - Spring 2013 Date announcement

Q

Comments (50)
    THANK YOU TO EVERYONE! This year we had 112 people sign in and...well... way to many plants to count! :-) Also a GIANT thank you for helping us go green. We really appreciate it. We saw many "newbies" and many "old" friends a combination that made a highly successful swap with less then 10, yes 10 left over plants! We sincerely hope all of you had as good of time as we did. If there are any suggestions for improvements or constructive criticism please let us know either by PM or here. Thank you again to Beverly Nelson Comer and Mimi Ninde the two ladies who started it all and then graciously passed the "shovel" to us.
    ...See More

HAVE: 09 spring bulb swap announcement

Q

Comments (1)
    I would love to start a plant and bulb swap in cenral Indiana. Interested gardeners can contact me (artistgardener) through this site.
    ...See More

WANTED: Swap Announcement........................

Q

Comments (71)
    Updated list. I think that the only full name and address I don't have is Barb's (livvyandbella). If anyone has moved since they last participated please make sure you email me your new address and phone number. 1. Maggie 2. Michelle 3. Shelley 4. Marigene 5. Diana 6. James 7. Cathy 8. Donna 9. Karen Shaun Teresa Nina Ann Susie Que Stacy Lars Deborah Terri Alison Jessica Linda P Gina Stacie Netla Barb Sally KatieC David Diane Maria Lori Nancy Ann
    ...See More

Fotess September Swap...Falling for Fall

Q

Comments (387)
    Way back on Sept 30 I posted that prizes for winners would be sent over the next couple weeks. Well it is more than a month later and my shipment of bulbs finally arrived today. My sincere apologies to, Margo, Katie,Annie, Ruth and Shirley ( BG) for the delay. Mail will be sent Thursday and Friday and I will post DC #'s then. Best I can say, besides I'm sorry is what my Grandmother used to say about late BD presents..... "It makes the fun last a bit longer when it doesn't all come at the same time." Bethb
    ...See More
  • lynnalexandra
    17 years ago

I can abide by the limits, but just want to check this out. As people have been mentioning favorite cookbooks and magazines, I've begun thinking of which ones might be nice to include in a swap. But then I realized - the cookbook/magazine/DVD has to have a Fall Theme, too. Am I right about that?

Thanks for the clarification. I will listen. I will obey.

Lynn.

• ann_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Lynn, yes it is a Fall Theme but you can interrupt that anyway you see fit. The only thing that you can't interrupt is the number of items.

Ann

• jessyf
    17 years ago

Oh goodie I'm so glad I'm not the only one confused ('Discussions for Conversations' on potpies' Part Deux thread). Now Ann is switching 'interrupt' and 'interpret'.

Yeah, my toolbox has lots of toys, but there is still room for more! Vroom, vroom....

• ann_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OOPs, and I did it twice too. LOL!

This is officially the biggest swap yet. We are now up to 56 participants

List Update:

1. Terri
    2. Diana
    3. Debbie814
    4. Karen (Riverrat)
    5. Janet (Chancesmom)
    6. Sherry
    7. Stacie (girlsingardens)
    8. Teresa
    9. Jessica

1. Robin
    2. Sue (Goldgirl)
    3. Janet(Granjan)
    4. Bizzo
    5. Ellen
    6. Diane
    7. Adele
    8. Brenda
    9. Catherine
    10. Dolores(Finally)
    11. Katie
    12. Phyllis
    13. Iris (Blueiris)
    14. Deanna
    15. James (Jimtex)
    16. Wendy (Weed)
    17. Alison
    18. Cathy
    19. Nancy
    20. Pam (dedtired)
    21. May
    22. Shaun
    23. Deanna (Dgkritch)
    24. Sally
    25. Stacy
    26. Barb (Coronabarb)
    27. Maria
    28. Linda (Lindainct)
    29. David
    30. Deb (Momto4kids)
    31. Linda (doucanoe)
    32. Lori316
    33. Gellchom
    34. Gail (arrandygail)
    35. Lynn (Lynnalexandra)
    36. Msrevise
    37. Yasou
    38. Lee
    39. Netla
    40. Tricia
    41. Elizabeth (Bizzo)
    42. Maggie (Maggie2094)
    43. Lars
    44. Gina
    45. Tracey
    46. Carol
    47. Ann
  • chase_gw
    17 years ago

Uncle! I'm in ; )

Sharon

• sheshebop
    17 years ago

Is this a record?

• andi_2006
    17 years ago

I would love to participate! Ann, I will email you my information.

• Bizzo
    17 years ago

Ann! you've got me listed twice :) Luck number 13 and fabulous 50. I'm guessing I'm not really allowed to sign up twice!!

• coronabarb
    17 years ago

"This is officially the biggest swap yet."

I think this is a great example of 'Bigger is not always Better'! :-)

Barb

• ann_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks Bizzo. I'm assuming you don't want two partners. LOL!

Barb, I'm assuming that you mean that in the best of ways. It could be taken the wrong way. LOL!

The highest number of participants we have had in the past was 54.

1. Terri
    2. Diana
    3. Debbie814
    4. Karen (Riverrat)
    5. Janet (Chancesmom)
    6. Sherry
    8. Teresa
    9. Jessica

1. Robin
    2. Sue (Goldgirl)
    3. Janet(Granjan)
    4. Bizzo
    5. Ellen
    6. Diane
    7. Adele
    8. Brenda
    9. Catherine
    10. Dolores(Finally)
    11. Katie
    12. Phyllis
    13. Iris (Blueiris)
    14. Deanna
    15. James (Jimtex)
    16. Wendy (Weed)
    17. Alison
    18. Cathy
    19. Nancy
    20. Pam (dedtired)
    21. May
    22. Shaun
    23. Deanna (Dgkritch)
    24. Sally
    25. Stacy
    26. Barb (Coronabarb)
    27. Maria
    28. Linda (Lindainct)
    29. David
    30. Deb (Momto4kids)
    31. Linda (doucanoe)
    32. Lori316
    33. Gellchom
    34. Gail (arrandygail)
    35. Lynn (Lynnalexandra)
    36. Msrevise
    37. Yasou
    38. Lee
    39. Netla
    40. Tricia
    41. Maggie (Maggie2094)
    42. Lars
    43. Gina
    44. Tracey
    45. Carol
    46. Sharon
    47. Andi
    48. Ann
  • lowspark
    17 years ago

Wow, this is a huge swap! I can't wait to find out who my partner is. This is going to be a lot of fun, I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone post as they receive their three items.

• ziporion
    17 years ago

How does it work if we end up with an odd number?

• ann_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Catherine, Because we don't pair partners it doesn't matter if we have an odd number.

ie... One sends to two, two to three, three to four, and four to five and five to one.

Ann

• Virginia7074
    17 years ago

Am I too late? I love fall & haven't participated in a swap for 2 years - maybe more! Thanks, Ann.

• colo_lady
    17 years ago

Hey - I'm going to try to do this. Count me in please.

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Oh, so THAT's how it works. I was wondering how partners were chosen. So, since you've numbered us, we just look at the next number, and that's who we sent the items to?

Another question, about the pictures. Do we post pictures of what we're going to send, or post pics of what we've received, or both? I'm not set up with any photo hosting place yet. I tried once, but my pics never loaded, and I gave up, so that's not one of my talents.

Sally

• ann_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

No Sally, that isn't how it works. LOL! I just numbered so you could see how many were participating.

I guess I should clarify for those that have not participated in one of our swaps before. All of our swaps are "Secret Partner Swaps". You only know who you are sending to. You do not know who you are receiving from. So once you have the name of your partner please keep it to yourself and don't mention it on line.

Pictures are posted of the gift that you receive from your partner. The only reason I asked that you take pictures of the gift that you are sending is so that in the event that your partner doesn't have a digital camera or can't post pictures for some other reason then you will be able to post.

Anyone that has trouble posting photos or does not have an account on a photo hosting site, I will be more than happy to post them for you. Just email them to me.

Also, it should probably be mentioned that once a swap box is received the recipient is expected to post a detailed description of what they received. And they should post as soon as possible. If for some reason there will be a delay in posting, then please email your partner and let him/her know that the box has been received so they can stop worrying.

Ann

• riverrat1
    17 years ago

Hey Sally, I know the first time I participated in a swap I was concerned about knowing all the ins and outs of swapping. What helped me was to read all the other threads on this, the Exchange forum, so I would know what to do.

• lorijean44
    17 years ago

Have I gotten in under the wire?? I'd like to participate this time! I think I can manage the 3-item limit. And the minimum. And the shipping (anywhere).

Thanks, Ann!

Lori

• chancesmom
    17 years ago

Ann,

I will be away til sometime Saturday evening, if you do get names out to us on Friday or Saturday, I may not respond til Sunday.

Also, our camera is experiencing technical difficulties so I may NOT be able to post a pic.....Dave is on a mission this weekend to figure it out!

janet

• weed30 St. Louis
    17 years ago

Ann, I sent you an email a few days ago with my new address. Did you get it?

(I hope so, I want my goodies! ;)

• diana55
    17 years ago

Okay I think I figured this out. I want in too!!! Sounds like fun!!! Diana55

• ann_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Wendy, yes, I did get your email thank you.
    I can't start matching up names until I have everyone's full name and address. So if you haven't played before or you have moved recently, please email me with the information. And please include phone numbers.

Thanks,

Ann

Final List

1. Terri
    2. Diana
    3. Debbie814
    4. Karen (Riverrat)
    5. Janet (Chancesmom)
    6. Sherry
    8. Teresa
    9. Jessica

1. Robin
    2. Sue (Goldgirl)
    3. Janet(Granjan)
    4. Bizzo
    5. Ellen
    6. Diane
    7. Adele
    8. Brenda
    9. Catherine
    10. Dolores(Finally)
    11. Katie
    12. Phyllis
    13. Iris (Blueiris)
    14. Deanna
    15. James (Jimtex)
    16. Wendy (Weed)
    17. Alison
    18. Cathy
    19. Nancy
    20. Pam (dedtired)
    21. May
    22. Shaun
    23. Deanna (Dgkritch)
    24. Sally
    25. Stacy
    26. Barb (Coronabarb)
    27. Maria
    28. Linda (Lindainct)
    29. David
    30. Deb (Momto4kids)
    31. Linda (doucanoe)
    32. Lori316
    33. Gellchom
    34. Gail (arrandygail)
    35. Lynn (Lynnalexandra)
    36. Msrevise
    37. Yasou
    38. Lee
    39. Netla
    40. Tricia
    41. Maggie (Maggie2094)
    42. Lars
    43. Gina
    44. Tracey
    45. Carol
    46. Sharon
    47. Andi
    48. Virginia
    49. Marcia (Colo Lady)
    50. Lori
    51. Ann
  • ann_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Diana, we must have been posting at the same time.
    I've added you to the list.

Ann

1. Terri
    2. Diana
    3. Debbie814
    4. Karen (Riverrat)
    5. Janet (Chancesmom)
    6. Sherry
    8. Teresa
    9. Jessica

1. Robin
    2. Sue (Goldgirl)
    3. Janet(Granjan)
    4. Bizzo
    5. Ellen
    6. Diane
    7. Adele
    8. Brenda
    9. Catherine
    10. Dolores(Finally)
    11. Katie
    12. Phyllis
    13. Iris (Blueiris)
    14. Deanna
    15. James (Jimtex)
    16. Wendy (Weed)
    17. Alison
    18. Cathy
    19. Nancy
    20. Pam (dedtired)
    21. May
    22. Shaun
    23. Deanna (Dgkritch)
    24. Sally
    25. Stacy
    26. Barb (Coronabarb)
    27. Maria
    28. Linda (Lindainct)
    29. David
    30. Deb (Momto4kids)
    31. Linda (doucanoe)
    32. Lori316
    33. Gellchom
    34. Gail (arrandygail)
    35. Lynn (Lynnalexandra)
    36. Msrevise
    37. Yasou
    38. Lee
    39. Netla
    40. Tricia
    41. Maggie (Maggie2094)
    42. Lars
    43. Gina
    44. Tracey
    45. Carol
    46. Sharon
    47. Andi
    48. Virginia
    49. Marcia (Colo Lady)
    50. Lori
    51. Diana55
    52. Ann
  • compumom
    17 years ago

This is huge! Ann, do you need help managing it?

• coronabarb
    17 years ago

Ann, yes, I meant in the best way. ;-))) Sending out a smaller package (rather than a huge package) has resulted in more people participating. :-))) It is going to be challenging keeping up with all the package arrival posts.

• trixietx
    17 years ago

Is it to late to join, if it is that will be fine. I will just wait until the next swap.

This is getting to be a really busy time for me, but I like having a number of items to send. I always think my partner gets shorted and I get the best package ever.

The homemade category got me, I don't want to send one little jar of jelly, salsa or relish, but I could probably come up with something.

• ann_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Karen, no it isn't too late. Before I can start matching up names I first have to update the data base. There are a number of first time participants this time. So I have added you to the list. Karen did you notice that if you decide to send homemade canned items you can send up to one quart?

Ellen, thanks for the offer but there isn't much anyone can do to help.

Fall Swap September 2006

1. Terri
    2. Diana
    3. Debbie814
    4. Karen (Riverrat)
    5. Janet (Chancesmom)
    6. Sherry
    8. Teresa
    9. Jessica

1. Robin

2. Sue (Goldgirl)

3. Janet(Granjan)

4. Bizzo

5. Ellen

6. Diane

7. Adele

8. Brenda

9. Catherine

10. Dolores(Finally)

11. Katie

12. Phyllis

13. Iris (Blueiris)

14. Deanna

15. James (Jimtex)

16. Wendy (Weed)

17. Alison

18. Cathy

19. Nancy

20. Pam (dedtired)

21. May

22. Shaun

23. Deanna (Dgkritch)

24. Sally

25. Stacy

26. Barb (Coronabarb)

27. Maria

28. Linda (Lindainct)

29. David

30. Deb (Momto4kids)

31. Linda (doucanoe)

32. Lori316

33. Gellchom

34. Gail (arrandygail)

35. Lynn (Lynnalexandra)

36. Msrevise

37. Yasou

38. Lee

39. Netla

40. Tricia

41. Maggie (Maggie2094)

42. Lars

43. Gina

44. Tracey

45. Carol

46. Sharon

47. Andi

48. Virginia

49. Marcia (Colo Lady)

50. Lori

51. Diana55

52. Karen (TrixieTx)

53. Ann

• RuddMD
    17 years ago

Holey moley - 62 participants. This is a big swap. I'm sorry I can't participate this time, but will be checking in to see all the goodies being received.

Ya'll have fun!

• Gina_W
    17 years ago

Ellen, let's help by praying that all 62 packages arrive safe and sound!

• compumom
    17 years ago

Amen, Gina!

• diana55
    17 years ago

Count me in too, I hope i'm not too late!!! Diana55

• lynnalexandra
    17 years ago

Ann - just curious. When you pair partners, how do you do it? Do you pick randomly (like putting names in a hat), or are you actually looking over each person and making deliberate partner selections? I'm kind of assuming it's random and didn't want to ask a stupid question, but I decided I really did want to know for sure so I'd risk sounding silly.

Either way, I sure do appreciate all your hard work. It's very generous of you.

Lynn.

• robinkateb
    17 years ago

If it is not random can we sway your decision? LOL Actually I wondered this as well

-Robin

• Terri_PacNW
    17 years ago

Well for one she has to go back through her files of other swaps, to make sure that she's not giving someone the same person they had before......

It's alot of work for her...And with 62 people...WOW!

Ann you are the BESTEST coordinator of swaps I've ever been in..Even when I was a coordinator at the KT years past.
    LOL

• ann_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Lynn, Terri has it right. I try to make sure that no one sends to anyone in their own state and that they don't send to someone that they have sent to before.

This is the 11th swap that I have been involved with. The first couple of swaps I did actually pull names out of a hat. But even then I had to do a little adjusting so that no one sent to someone in their own state. After the third swap the name pulling didn't work.

Now I take the list of names amd start matching everyone with someone outside of their own state. And then if I end up with someone sending to someone they have sent to before I do some switching around. Sometimes it just doesn't come together easily and other times like tonight it came together without having to play with it too much.

The last swap I played around with it a bit more so that some of the members that were participating in the canning camp got to send to other campers.

Also, you don't send to the same person that you are receiving from. Remember that this is a secret partner swap. You will only have the name of the person that you are sending too. You won't know until your swap box arrives who your partner is.

The last email has gone out and I think I will head to bed.

Ann

PS. thanks Terri.

Ann

• lynnalexandra
    17 years ago

Got it! This is so exciting. Now I can start researching and shopping. Lynn.

Another question to clarify. I'm assuming we can send our packages any time we're ready, but no later than Nov. 4. Is that right or should I try to ship close to the 4th, so that everyone is receiving packages near the same time?

• weed30 St. Louis
    17 years ago

Ship whenever you are ready. It's actually helpful to have 'earlybirds' - if all 62 arrive shortly after the 4th, there will be a LOT of reading and 'ooh ahh' posting to do all at once!

• lsr2002
    17 years ago

WOW, how great that there are so many many of us this time around. It's going to be wonderful to hear about and look at all the fun things.

It's always fun to see what the gifts are that send us out shopping for ourselves after we see them here.

Lee

• msafirstein
    17 years ago

Shoot...I knew that I would miss out on something! We tore the roof off and things have been very hectic the past 2 weeks and I've not had time to check in.

If it's not too late, please let me know if I can sign up, if not that's okay too.

Michelle

• floury
    17 years ago

Hello, I'm too new to participate yet, but can you tell me where I should look to see the pictures and descriptions of past exchanges? How often do they come around?

• ann_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Michelle, I'm sorry you missed the swap this time. The sign-up for it closed yesterday and all of the participants have been assigned partners. I hope you will participate in the next one.

Floury, you are in the right place to read about past swaps. There are 8 pages dating back to last fall.

Ann

• triciae
    17 years ago

Ann, I know we have a 3 item limit. But, does it have to arrive in one box? My partner's going to receive more than one? Is that a problem???

Tricia

• ann_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Tricia, there is no problem with sending each item in a separate box. It has been done in the past.

Ann

• msafirstein
    17 years ago

Ann,

OH that's okay. I am so busy with the house and the Fall Swap would have been a nice distraction. I just knew I was going to miss out when I did not check in last week.

Looking forward to the Winter Swap,

Michelle

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Is it okay to have a company send a package instead of us wrapping and sending it? Something I'm thinking of sending could present problems if I tried to ship it (I don't want to go into detail because I don't want to give too much away) but the company that sells it does mail order. I know it would be more impersonal, and that bothers me, but I don't think I know how to ship this item.

Sally

• ann_t
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Sally, there is no problem sending something by mail order. It has been done before in other swaps.

Ann

• sally2_gw
    17 years ago

Thanks.

Sally

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES