Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Teresa's quilting and photos of my swapbox

Posted by annie1992 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 23, 05 at 0:43

OK, I'm going to try this. Here is a picture of the lovely table runner/wall hanging Teresa made and sent me in my swapbox. Isn't it just a beautiful piece of work and the colors and designs are exactly right for me:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This one is a closer shot of an individual leaf, so you can see the lovely material and detail:

Finally, here is a picture of everything:

I had some other photos, but some were blurry and others just didn't turn out. You can see from the last picture all the wonderful things I received: Walker's shortbread cookies, a green tea and an English Breakfast Tea, gardening gloves, flower seeds, the infamous spaghetti server, the lovely dish towels that Teresa made just for me, Bone Sucking Sauce, Imagination Sauce, Texas Pete's Hot Sauce. In the back you can see that she sent this northern girl White Lily flour so that my southern biscuits are light and fluffy and Martha White cornmeal mix so I can make some REAL cornbread for a change. (grin) I love the timer, although it didn't stop me from overcooking my pear preserves tonight. Maybe it would help if I actually, well, set it! And finally, another of my favorites, the canning labels designed by our own Doris (RuddMd) that say "Annie's Favorites" and "Angela's Favorites".

What a great swap box, and I still just love everything. I used one of the towels to line the bread basket tonight which I filled with corn muffins made with Teresa's cornmeal mix.

Oh, and Teresa? Tex was appropriate appreciative of the cornbread, he never figured a Michigan girl was gonna get it right. LOLOLOL

Annie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Teresa's quilting and photos of my swapbox

Great Swap box. And how special to receive something quilted by Teresa.

Ann

o

Wow, that quilt is beautiful! What a treasure!

o

I love the wall hanging as well. IT's just beautiful Teresa.

Annie, obviously you will put all these goodies to good use - I loved your post on the WFD thread...

Stacy

o

It's eerie knowing exactly where you put those items in your kitchen. Good job, Teresa!

o

Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

o

That quilt is beautiful! Agreed, it is a real treasure~ AND my favorite cookies! Hey!

So how is that Bone Sucking Sauce? What a name! hahaha!
Image hosted by TinyPic.com

o

Shaun, I haven't tried the sauce yet, I'm wanting it on pork ribs and we haven't slaughtered pigs yet. I may have to break down and buy some.....

That quilt IS beautiful.

Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here