Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm going on a picnic! Thank you Panela.

Posted by TrixieTx (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 22, 05 at 0:31

I have been gone all day and just got home and my swap box was here. It is wonderful, Picnic and Day Dreams in the Garden Kit. What a perfect theme for me, I went to a friends house this morning, she has a smoker and we have smoked meat, made pies, cookies and fried pies to freeze and use during harvest (which depending on the weather could start next week.)

Pamela enclosed the nicest card and said that she had friends in Michigan and they were farmers and saw the "mountains" of food that were cooked for the men during harvest (and that is right.)

Pamela said she went to a Harry & David store for the first time and went a little crazy. Well, lucky for me!!

These are the food items
The tea party collection, I am a tea drinker and I will enjoy trying these,
Tuscan Rustic Wafers, Tapenade Sweet Pepper Spread (will be so good on the wafers,) Double Chocolate Chip Mini Cookies (they are really good) and Quick and Easy Scone Mix. I just can't wait to try the scone mix, did I say how good the chocolate cookies are?

The beautiful card, candy bubbles for Blake, I don't remember even mentioning how much he likes bubbles, we blow lots of bubbles and the prettiest sugar cookie, yes that is a cookie. I want to eat it, but it is too pretty, I hope I can hold out a little while longer.
The cutest tea towel with little bumble bees embroidered on it. I absolutely love this plate and matching mug. I will be having tea on the patio in the morning!
And a beautiful insulated bag, I just love it!
Pamela, I cannot Thank you enough, you picked the perfect package for me and I can assure you that I will be having a picnic in the garden and relaxing!

Thank you!

Karen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm going on a picnic! Thank you Panela.

I just tried the red pepper spread on the wafers (crackers) and it is delicious.
Well I tried it about five times and had to put it up.
Thanks again, Pamela.

o

Karen--you are so welcome. I have been feeling so badly. I sent your package on Sept. 9 and I can't believe how long it took to get to you. Lesson learned: always send priority. You must've picked up the mail every day and sighed "no package today, again."

It was such fun shopping for you, and I hope you enjoy. I tried to find a few things that would last after the goodies were consumed.

Hope you'll share some of your harvest recipe "winners" this fall. I'll be saying a prayer that your Texas is spared the hurricane's wrath.
Your friend,
Pamela

o

Just beautiful - what a great package! I absolutely love the insulated bag!

Great job Pamela!

Stacy (what are candy bubbles?)

o

Karen, Oh, just lovely gifts for a lovely tea time.
Pamela, Nice choices. I'll bet your were nervous about it taking so long to get there.

Jayne

o

Lot's of goodies...nice job Pamela. I bet you are glad to see it there...at least it beat the hurricane! Nice color coordination.

Nancy

o

The insulated bag is such a good idea, and Trixie is going to need a cup of tea after harvest, just to relax!

That's a very creative theme, Pamela. I'd tell Trixie to enjoy her package but I have a feeling she's busy, eating that tapenade. :-)

Annie

o

Even I was starting to worry along with Pamela. What a nice package. I can't believe the cookie. I thought it was a candle. The insulated bag is really cool. No pun intended. Enjoy!

Ann

o

Oh, I love the plate and mug...so cute!

"Pamela said she went to a Harry & David store for the first time..."

How lucky to have a store nearby to visit!

barb

o

Very nice!

o

What a thoughtful swap package. I like the insulated bag! I've used a much less glamorous one from Sam's Club to bring home frozen foods. Nice to have a bag in the trunk in case you shop one place and have to stop another before going home.

Have a good picnic in the garden and enjoy the fall - after the rain leaves Texas.

Karen

o

Great swap box. I love the insulated bag and the plate and mug the most but everything looks wonderful.

-Robin

o

Love that bag! And all those teas-wow--nice that Pamela remembered Blake.
Diane

o

What a nice package Karen. I love trying different teas but my favorite would have to be (of course) the towel with the, ahem, honey bees. Being a beekeeper I can readily identify them LOL. Nice job Pamela!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here