SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
carol_schmertzlersiegel

Ellen, You are awesome!

Ellen (Compumom) sent me "traveling the cuisine's of the world!" and what an awesome trip it is! The UPS guy did his usual ring and run, could it be he's petrified of my two big dogs that freak out when the bell rings? I always get to the door to see him running for the truck! There was a big box by the door waiting for me! I ripped the box open. There was an envelope with the words..."OPEN LAST" highlighted in yellow! I'm the kind of person who reads the last pages of a book first, I was so tempted but I did as I was instructed and opened the envelope last!

Everything was wrapped so nice in colorful tissue paper. To start there was a newspaper from California, with an article in the sports section about the Brooklyn Dodgers (YAY, Brooklyn!) I will read the rest of the paper, but I did enjoy the article about Sandy Koufax and the Dodgers! I didn't know what to grab first, but the first thing opened was Pocky. Thin chocolate covered cookie sticks from Japan. We ate the Pocky biscuits while we opened the rest of the gifts! HOLY COW! Lots of spices from Penzey's, Seasoned salt, Turkish oregano, Sandwich Sprinkle seasoning, Country French Vinaigrette seasoning, Greek Seasoning, Sate seasoning, and YUM, Chinese cinnamon! We opened all of them to sniff, WOW! I used the Sandwich Sprinkle on some baby Yukon Gold potatoes I roasted for dinner tonight and it was soooooo good! Ellen said the Sprinkle is also good in egg salad, I will try that, too!

Continuing on the travels, Ellen included tastes from around the world and she sent a cookbook, Thai the Essence of Asian Cooking! It's got beautiful pictures of the dishes and I skimmed through it and there is a lot of recipes I would like to try! Stir-fried Pineapple with Ginger sounds good, Roast Lime Chicken with Sweet Potatoes was another. More tastes included Garlic Oil, Toasted Sesame Oil and Hot Chili Oil. There was Plum Spring Roll Sauce, I used some of it on grilled chicken wings we had for dinner tonight. I love the plum sauce. Delicious!

Ellen sent a package of carved wooden toothpicks from Japan that are really pretty, and the cutest toothpick holder from the Galapagos Islands that looks like little turtles and a honey stick with a little bee on top! Tomorrow for breakfast we're having waffles with Hawaiian Surfboard Pineapple syrup. I tasted it, and I'm looking forward to tomorrow's breakfast! There is also the cutest utensil holder with a chef holding a cake, it's perfect in my kitchen, white and blue! A set of napkins in the prettiest shade of blue, just perfect, along with a towel and potholder set in blue, yellow and white. It all matches my kitchen perfectly! and that's not all, Ellen, you must have known that I have burned myself plenty this summer, pulling things from the oven at camp, while being distracted by groups of kids. Well, no more, Ellen sent an oven glove. How cool, it's a glove and it's not clunky like an oven mitt, I won't be burning myself any more!

I loved everything in this package, Ellen you are the greatest swapper, Jessy is a terrific spy, and the thing that made me laugh was the Silly String! My absolute favorite party favor and Jessy is a riot for telling you about that! and I am going to a Bar Mitzvah in October and I will bring it along, they won't know what hit them! You brought such a big smile to my face and I am absolutely thrilled with all my surprises, thank you so much for such an amazing package!

Carol

I forgot to mention, the envelope that said "Open Last" was a lovely note from Ellen that described my package and told me about herself. I will think of you often, Ellen, as I am using my wonderful treats! Thanks, again :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Traveling the Cuisines of the World with Ellen...

Comments (25)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES