SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tobyt_gw

WANTED: All the way from Michigan...

TobyT
17 years ago

I am finally home and have just opened a bounty of Michigan goodies from Nancy. My DH really had me going. He told me over the phone that the package had been opened by customs (which it hadnÂt been) and that he didnÂt know what had been in it originally, but that all that was left was four cans of CampbellÂs Minestrone soup! I was bewildered for a moment, but then as I told him, "there is not one person in this swap who would send cans of Campbell Soup as a swap gift!"

Here is the {{gwi:1465436}} before we tore it open. Inside was a {{gwi:1465437}} Nancy says that the picture on the front of the box is a folk art painting of the area she lives in. The girls had to run and get the globe so that they could see where Michigan is. It was at this point that my camera stopped taking pictures, so I will have to wait until tomorrow as the golden rule about always having the spare set of batteries recharged was broken by "not me."

Inside the box were numerous goodies all hand picked by Nancy for me. There is Cherry Berry Spoon Fruit which I have promised the girls weÂll have with toast for a bedtime snack. Next, a jar of Cherry Peach Salsa. This weÂll open for happy hour tomorrow night. I will have to gets some chips worthy of it. Next up one pound, yes a POUND of dried Red Tart Cherries. I see some chocolate cherry bread in our near future. I was blown away at the size of the package  it is worth about a weekÂs salary here! Snuggled up next to the cherries are dried blueberries, which until tonight, I had never tried. I may just have to try drying some of my own  what a great snack food. Moving right along we have Cherry Mustard. I think IÂll try this on my roast chicken sandwich tomorrow  it sounds heavenly. Beside that it the box is some Cherry BBQ grilling sauce  maybe I should call in sick tomorrow and just spend the day eating. A jar of Mediterranean relish contains artichoke hearts, kalamata olives, eggplant and herbs. This I will hide away until our holiday in a week, so I can enjoy it in the great outdoors. The last jar contains seafood sauce which Nancy says to mix with mayo and sour cream for a great tartar sauce. ItÂs salmon season here, so this will be well used. Last but not least were a beautiful cherry wood set; a spoon and a spreader, the smoothest, most gorgeous wood I have ever seen. Nancy included a letter telling me about herself and Kim. She mentioned that her parents had bought the house that she lives in now in 1962  my parents bought the house that I live in now in 1962 as well! I will enjoying reading the brochure on NancyÂs area  it appears to be a very artistic community, and I just know that Nancy fits right in. Thank you so much for such a great array of flavours and the time that you took to choose them for me. I will post pics of the inside of the package tomorrow after work.

Jane

Comments (29)