SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindainct

The brown truck stopped at my house

lindainct
17 years ago

What a lovely box of treats I received today from Sunny. I will try to make my descriptions do them justice since I am digitally challenged.

Every thing came packaged in a LL Bean canvas bag. I have a couple of their very large bags that I use when we travel but this one I will use often because it is medium sized and has pockets lining the inside. Perfect for the beach or a picnic.

Then I got a little confused, the box was from Texas but the goodies in the bag were from Wisconsin, then I remembered that Sunny "vacationed" there recently and obviously did a lot of shopping.

First, a trio of mustards-Amorous Alice, an Aioli Garlic Mustard; Habanero Horseradish and Mahala's Mudd which contains port wine and essence of chocolate and fig! These are all from the Mount Horeb Mustard Museum. I didn't know such a place existed but they have great stuff.

Next, a bag of popcorn called Red Baby Rice and that is just what it looks like, dark reddish brown kernels the size of rice. I think I'll wait till the GKs are here to try that out.

Continuing the "made in Wisconsin" theme there is a bottle of Basil Infused Olive Oil, Bee Charmer Honey in one of those cute bears and a bottle of beautiful amber colored maple syrup. All will be throughly enjoyed.

Knowing my love of jam and jelly, Sunny also included a jar of rhubarb jam which will be sampled very shortly but first I have to admit that I have already eaten the little teddy bear maple sugar candy. Outside of sugar cubes that I ate at restaurants while waiting for dinner, maple sugar candy is the first sweet that I can remember and I have always loved it but haven't bought it in years. Thank you so much for allowing me to be "bad", it was delicious.

I'm not done yet, Sunny got really carried away.

Well, until I was reading the bottle I had no idea the Penzeys Spices was based in Wisconsin. Sunny sent Brady Street Cheese Sprinkle. It suggests using it on chicken, fish or chops but after smelling I think I am going to try it on pasta along with the garlic-four heads included in this great package and the basil olive oil.

And now, for my kitchen- two potholders in a black and cream design, a long handled plastic spoon with a smily face cut through the bowl-hope Sunny took a picture to show you-to cute, a long handled silicon spatule and a silicon basting brush both of these it cobalt blue AND two packages of Evert-Fresh green bags to store vegetable and fruits in. Boy is that perfect for me. I am forever losing veggies in the bottom of the drawer and they turn to yuck. These should really help.

Sunny created a wonderful package for me and aren't I glad that she forgot to count?

Linda

Comments (24)