SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sunnyco

WANTED: I got a package! I got a package!

sunnyco
17 years ago

The UPS man is lucky I was not here when he delivered it. I probably would have pounced on him!

I am just blown away! So many goodies! I thought I got a bit carried away (part of me not getting more stuff than I did had to do with my husband hovering over me, watching me spend money lol) but arabellamiller obviously has even less self control than me! I mean that in the absolute best way possible, you know. :) She sent me so much stuff!

I took pictures, but I have not had my hands on the cable to hook the camera up to the computer since the trip. As soon as I find it...

So, here is the list. I took notes as I took it out of the box, because my 11 year old son was standing there, fondling certain items, and telling me how lucky I am. He's right!

The theme was "summer salads and more!" There is definitely "and more!"

A watermelon patio candle. It has citronella in it, and I have wondered if that stuff works, because the mosquitos here, even in draught conditions, are pretty bad...and there is this West Nile virus thing.

A container for taking salads for lunch, with a dressing holder in the top that lets you keep dressing and salad seperate and shake it together when you are ready to eat.

Dulcet lemon, mustard and dill sauce. Yum! I got some Dulcet curry mustard in WI and it was pretty good stuff. I can't wait to try this. I have tilapia fillets in my freezer right now, actually...

A jar of Vanilla peach preserves (I am going to use this to make a salad with ice cream! Who makes the rules about what is a "salad", anyway?! lol) and a jar of peach jam, both held by my child before I even had a chance to set them down.

Roasted eggplant pesto. It looks good.

Some cobalt colored glass salt and pepper shakers. Very pretty! I will be using them on the table so people quit taking the kitchen ones while I am cooking.

Hazelnut-praline spread. Holy cow. I love this world.

Carmelized red peppers. They are whispering "salads and pizza" to me.

Pecan pumpkin butter. Also looks yummy!

AAAAAND!

There were a bunch of things from Penzey's. This just about knocked me out of my shoes. When I was in Madison, I spend about 45 minutes browsing the Penzey's store, picking up things and putting them in my basket...and then putting most of them back because I didn't want to explain the charge bill to DH. Some of the things I put back were in this box!

The green goddess dressing base, buttermilk ranch base, country french vinaigrette and crystalized ginger were all ones I almost bought.

In addition, there was 4/S seasoned salt, creamy peppercorn dressing base and china cassia and kirintje cassia cinnamons.

And on top of all that she sent some cute sunflower napkins and butterfly stationary.

Wow! Just wow!

I wanted to mention, for anyone who does not remember, that when I posted more on here (before I started school), I did a significant bit of whining about what rotten luck I was having with salad dressings, and how bored I was with the one I kind I knew how to make well. I still have that problem, so these dressing bases will get used right away. After the trip and all of the junk food that I ate, I am again tryign to eat more veggies.

This is just great, arabella. I don't know if you remembered that, but you could not have picked a more suitable theme for me. Thank you!

Comments (21)