SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
finally_gw

Mystery package no longer...It's mine from girlsingarden!

finally
17 years ago

To all of you who were hoping that mystery box was for you, you can uncross your fingers...it came to me! It arrived sometime during the day, but I didn't get home until 9:45pm. As is often the case with these swap packages, they pick the best days to come! My company launched a new software product over the weekend, and we're in the mad scramble that occurs after: a tremendous upswing in support as well as the inevitable tweaking after the initail release. This will be a long week!

DH, DDs and DS (and DDoggy!) all gathered around for the grand opening. All we knew was that is was from Nebraska and that it weighed 20 lbs! Inside were three different boxes, but as you know, no note explaining it. That's okay! I love a mystery! As I was getting all my photos online for the swap, I discovered girlsingarden had emailed me last week with the note! I told her I was glad that I got it afterwards. To me anticipation is part of the fun!

So here's the bounty (and I'm using that word literally!) that was in the box:

{{gwi:1465226}}

The Canning Group:

girlsingarden read how I am trying to get back into canning. I have a couple of recent jelly attempts that were yummy but didn't end up being jelly, so I really needed this motivating gift. She sent beautiful special edition Ball Platinum jars, a package of Americana lids, Gingham lids, fun jar labels, an antique blue quart Ball jar, darling mason jar salt & pepper shakers with the holes on the top shaped in stars, some powder pectin and a canning funnel. I had used liquid Certo pectin for my jelly, and I remember long ago that I had success with either powder or liquid and not with the other, however I can't remember which was which! Now I can try a powder recipe and see it that is my magic potion!

{{gwi:1465227}}

The Kitchen Tools Group:

This group included three great High Carbon Steel knifes: a paring, a paring/peeling, and a tomato slicer. She must somehow know how pitifully dull my knives are and that we really needed a tomato knife! I can't wait to try these. Also included were a set of 3 wooden spoons (my larger ones had all been broken), a set of nesting measuring cups (mine always seem to have one go missing, so now I have a 1/3 cup again!), some very cute fruit and veggie magnetic note pads (I'm on the last page of my current list tablet!) and veggie towel, dish cloth and hot pad set. All great picks, and all things I really needed. I don't know how she knew this!

{{gwi:1465228}}

The Frilly Fashions Group:

Look at these three beautiful handmade gingham aprons, with beautiful hand stitching. I love them! (I do wear aprons sometimes) These seem like they are old--I would really love to hear their story swap-buddy! DDs were excited that there were three, so that we could all three wear them together. The red one matches the cute gingham lids too!. The green one has a poinsettia for Christmas, and the pink one has rick-rack and ribbons on the borders. I will treasure them!

Here's a close up of the stitching on the pink apron:
{{gwi:1465229}}

{{gwi:1465230}}

The Piece de Resistance!

Wow! I'm so lucky! I think that homemade goods are such a wonderful gift! We were all so excited to see these beautiful jars. Here are bottom to top, left to right: Pear Applesauce, Annie's Salsa (so excited about this--I've been wanting to try it!), Cherry Rhubarb, Bing Cherries,(top) Raspberry Jam, Strawberry Rhubarb Jam and Marashino Cherries! I'm going to break out the bread machine for homemade bread with homemade jam. There's nothing finer!

Here is the entire package:

What a great treat from girlsingarden! I'm screwing up my courage and will make strawberry rhubarb jam. If anyone has a failsafe recipe, I'd love it! I take any and all canning tips too! Thanks girlsingarden, this package fit me to a "T", and I can't wait to try all of your lovely home canned goods!

{{gwi:1465231}}

Many thanks from a lucky and VERY appreciative swap buddy,

~finally

Here is a link that might be useful: Slideshow of Swap Pix! (Yes DDoggy is sideways)

Comments (32)