SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
granjan_gw

Salad Days from Susie-Que

granjan
17 years ago

I got home late yesterday from a long day of errands to find a box on my porch! My swap box was finally here.

Because today was another long day that started early I wasn't able to post till now but did e-mail Susie, and Ann, in case Susie is one of those who doesn't get messages through iVillage.

The box had very cute cooking stickers on it and cute messages.

And inside it was filled with PINK styrofoam peanuts! And lovely items for the salad days of summer.

There are 2 lovely cruets for oil and vinegar. The flash washed out the color; they are are very pretty butter yellow only a little paler than my tile. And there is some Botticelli Olive oil and a red wine vinegar to fill them. And a very clever glass mixing bottle with a whisk incorporated into the lid! How clever. And perfect for me because I ALWAYS make our salad dressings. I have never understood bottled dressings. This is perfect, thank you.

Next we have a salad bowl and individual bowls plus salad tongs and a Better Homes and Gardens Salad cookbook. And 4 very cute Southwestern print napkins. I love Kokopeli!

She also included a nice spice blend from the nearby infamous town of Intercourse, PA! And a cute not tablet for the grocery lists I make and then forget to take to the market. LOL

Look at these adorable refrigerator magnets! In blue to match my kitchen.

And last we have a very special wind chime.

Susie made this herself and the chimes are all COOKIE CUTTERS! I collect cookies cutters and this is truly special.

And the most amazing thing is that the center piece is a pair of flip flops to that will always remind me of this swap and the flip flop package I sent to Maggie as well as of Susie who took the time to make this for me.

Here's everything all together including a copy of Cook's magazine I forgot to put in the other pictures.

Thank you so much Susie. We will be having wonderful salad thanks to you, and the wind chimes will be a favorite decoration in my walk-in pantry, where I have neeeded something special to hang in the middle of the room. (Too special to actually put outside!)

Comments (21)