Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
HAVE: Kent4489 went way out her way:)

Posted by girlsingardens (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 5, 06 at 22:46

Jayne,

All I can say is wow. Rhiannon helped me to unpack the boxes and she was going nuts. She wants to eat the olives and pickles right now. And of course we have to open up a juice box first:) Peyton is sleeping so when she gets up she will get some of the juice too. I love the theme, and this time of year we eat out of the garden most days:) Everything looks great and I can't wait to try everything. I am posting some pics but you might have some better ones, I just used my camara phone since DH is at school:)

Well this is the third time that I have typed this out and hopefully it won't get lost again:) DH got into the pistachios and they are just about all gone

Jayne did her research and saw that the closest Trader Joes is several states away and I have been lusting at all the goodies from them.

From TJ's Jayne sent

mingling olives
corn and chili salsa
bruchetta spread
red pepper spread
apricot sauce
french corchion pickles
triple berry dried fruit mix
for the girls some joe's kids juice box
and chili lemon pistachios

also 3 sets of summer tea and hand towels, a veggie peeler, a summertime cookbook, and a blue pint jar ( I collect these and only have quarts so far

Jayne also sent Peyton and Rhiannon a scratch and sniff fruit book, and frosty mugs with lids and straws built in:)

Sorry about the pics they aren't the greatest. The one of the 2 girls is on our front step.

Stacie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: HAVE: Kent4489 went way out her way:)

Hi Stacie,
Great, all those glass jars arrived! LOL. I was a little worried. Hope you enjoy the "fruits and vegetables" items. Yes, I definitely thought you were in need of a TJ fix! I think there was also a bottle of strawberry balsamic vinegar in there too. And that Messermeister serrated peeler is one of my favorite kitchen items. I thought you could use it with all the gardening and canning you do. I really enjoyed getting to know you and your family! I did take a pic before packing...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

Those towels are punny. I love those jokes.

Great Trader Joe's items - I've tried them all, except the strawberry balsamic vinegar! Stacie, make sure you give us a report!

o

What a perfect spread for appies on the deck! Those mingling olives look good! What a treat for the kids too, they must have had a great time getting into it all. Nice package Jayne, sounds like Stacie's already enjoying them.

Catherine

o

What a great looking group of goodies! I especially like the tea towels, but the mugs are really cool too. Looks like TJ's pistachios are finding their way all over the country LOL.

Great job Jayne, enjoy your goodies Stacie!

o

Stacie, you will love those pistachios, trust me. Really nice swap box, Jayne, how special you remembered the kiddos, too. Have fun with all the goodies, Stacie!

Brenda

o

Oh wow, the red pepper spread is my all time favorite and those towels are really cute as heck.

Stacie, I think I have one of the original gray metal one piece lids with the ceramic lining for that jar, if you'd like it.

Jayne, you did a heck of a good job and I still really like the scratch and sniff book, perfect for a couple of budding foodies.

Annie

o

Stacy you're really going to enjoy all the T.J. goodies plus the others that Jayne sent you. I didn't catch what the theme was, but as far as I am concerned it 's plenty of great stuff!

Jayne, you did good!

o

I'm jealous of all the TJ stuff I don't have one close by. I have one of those peelers and they are the best. Looks like the girls are enjoying their gifts as well.

Very nice package Jayne!

Tracey

o

Great swap package, a taste of TJ's in the middle of nowhere. Shame that Jayne could not take a pic of the girls before packaging the box as I really want to see a close up of them.

Ah, another canner like me a canning jar fetish. That blue jar is great, especially as it appears to have threads so you can use it. Often I see cool ones that are not useable so i don't get them. I have a serrated peeler like that one and I love it. Great job Jayne!! I know all the girls will love it (oh yeah, the DH too).

-Robin

o

Oh Jayne, you really did a great job. But can you say "cheater"! LOL Very thoughtful selections.

I like the frosty mugs. I'll have to look for one for Beau.

o

Very nice ! And so perfect for "summer"-- lovely selection of things you can't get in your neck of the woods plus fun "stuff" for the girls-- & useful fun items for you-- love those towels.

Way to go Jayne-- very well thought out & put together.

o

Stacie, your babies are adorable and they look like they are enjoying their share of your wonderful swap box.

Jayne, As always, great job!

o

Stacie,

The girls sure look like they enjoyed the box! What great treats for all of you.

Jayne, you did a fantastic job!

Susan

o

Hey, I warned that the theme was weak...Stacie is an avid gardener, so what says summer to a gardener like "fruits & vegetables"? Every item (except the mugs) has a connection to either a fruit or a vegetable.

o

Stacie, your little girls are adorable.

Another who is jealous of the TJ's goodies. I love red pepper spread and those towels are so cute.

Great package, Jayne!

o

Very clever theme, Jayne ~ perfect for a
girlsingardens.

Stacie, your little ones are sooo cute, hope they enjoy the book & their sippies and you all enjoy those great goodies!

o

Stacie, what a nice summer-filled package from Jayne. Love the dishtowels.

o

What a lovely selection of neat stuff Jayne! Sure seems you hit the likes of Stacie and family!! Love the towels!

o

Jayne, you put together the perfect swap box for Stacie. Love the cups you sent for the "girls". And those tea towels are very nice. Stacie your daughters are adorable.

Ann

o

Great selection of TJ goodies and the towels are darling. Wish my package was coming together as nicely. I may have to forget a theme and just buy!

o

Adorable girls Stacie - I'm sure they'll help Mom taste all the nice goodies that came magically from the internet - Whoo-hoo! Gotta love that "W-W-W". Good going Jayne!

o

Stacie, sounds like the girls are already a couple of little foodies! Great selection, Jayne and how nice to include the girls, too! Lots of great TJ's items and those towels are the cutest!

Linda
PS, Stacie your girls are actually the cutest....but I do like those towels! LOL

o

A nice selection of TJs stuff, from all the comments I'll have to give the red pepper spread and the pistachios a try. Cute towels and the girls made out great, too.
Linda

o

oh my gosh - not a weak theme at all - I LOVE it! Of course I don't really have one yet...but I may go with Annie's of "stuff in a box" - lol.

Great job, the girls are just adorable, Stacie!

Stacy

o

Tea towels are always good, and those are especially cute. I love the blue glass jar, but we just threw out our own blue glass jars, but they weren't the "Ball" type.

Nice that you were able to get treats from TJs that you wanted!

Lars

o

I think you just cannot go wrong with a Trader Joe's package! Jayne, that was a great selection you put together. And getting something for those precious little ladies was very sweet and thoughtful. I just love those towels, very cute! A very nice package, Stacie. Have fun with it!

o

Stacie, you will love those pistachios I know I loved them so much! I love the towels too - Jayne you really truly outdid yourself girlfriend. I love the Summer Theme!

GREAT Job!

o

wow, nice assortment of tj's stuff! all sound fabulous to me, a tj virgin. Stacie, your girls are too cute!

good job Jayne, and I think your theme is present, but not overpowering, LOL!

janet

o

Stacie, your girls are precious. What a great package!

Jayne, how nice of you to include the kiddies. Those are great cups!

o

Love the theme! The tea towels are so cute. It does look very summery and luscious. It's great when TJ's can come to you, isn't it?

o

I'm all smiles picturing you opening the swap box. The girls look tickled pink; great photos from your phone of all things. I love the pun towel too. I haven't been to TJ's in a while and haven't tried many of your choices, Jayne. But I love, love, love, the apricot sauce...I try to keep it on hand.

Enjoy all the goodies, Stacie!

Bubbe

o

That's a great selection of goodies!!!

You did good, Jayne. Looks like the girls had fun.

Nancy

o

WAY COOL STUFF...I LOVE those towels!!!!!!!

Mmmmmm TJ's goodies.

o

Hmmmm... we may have to petition TJ's for some goodies in return for all this great publicity for them! If they need any expansion test marketing, all the data is right here. If we play our cards right, we'll all have a neighborhood TJ's!

Great gifts for girlsingarden and her family. Those mugs definitely fit the theme--if you take the juice out of the fruit, you have to put it somewhere!

:) ~finally

o

Ohgoody, more cool stuff to add to my TJ's list. Nice package Jayne!

o

Wonderful assortment of swap goodies! Jayne does terrific swap packages - I know! So now we have strawberry balsamic as well as lemon???

I think we should all email TJ's and let them know how important they are to the Cooking Forum. You never know, we might get some coupons or something.....

Teresa

o

Stacie,
That's quite an assortment of stuff you've got there! I love those towels. The TJs items are wonderful! I love that peeler, too. Great the girls were included, too!!

Jayne,
Fabulous job!

o

What a nice package! Love the towels!The mugs are cute! Nice going, Jayne!

Your kids are adorable, Stacie!

o

The babies.. the goodies.. the goodies..the babies..

A perfect post:)

o

Cute kids! Mingling Olives? I love the name.

Enjoy your swap box!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here