SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thibeaultstable

WANTED: Muchas Gracias Señora Gina.........

ann_t
16 years ago

Gina couldn't have sent me anything that I would like better. I love everything. And her timing was perfect. I had put a pot of black beans and a pot of Beef Chili Verde on to cook this morning. And I made a fresh salsa and had plans to make corn tortillas to serve with everything. Had to go out to pick up some Triple Sec for the Sangria and more cilantro. Our mail box is around the corner so I stopped to check it first. Glad I did. There was a notice from the post office that I had a parcel to pick up. So did all my shopping and then picked up my swap box. And a big box it was. Gina chose a Summer Sangria Mexicana Theme for me. What could be better? There were three items. (And being a good girl Gina didn't cheat). A beautiful pitcher with a matching cup that acts as a lid. Love Mexican pottery. Not only will this be wonderful for serving drinks but it will look great in photos as a background. A Sangria recipe book. Lots of great sounding recipes and wonderful pictures. And a tortilla warmer. The tortilla warmer is amazing. I used it tonight. As soon as the corn tortillas came off the griddle, I put them right into the warmer. It holds quite a few and keeps the tortillas HOT, not just warm. In fact we finished eating about 45 minutes ago and the leftover tortillas are still hot. I am hooked on fresh hot corn tortillas so I know that I will be using the warmer often. Thank goodness Moe loves Tex mex too.

Snuggled in their bed. LOL!

Gina, thank you so much for this wonderful gift box.

Ann

Comments (27)

• doucanoe
    16 years ago

Oh, Ann, that theme fits you to a "T"!
    (as in tortilla...LOL)

That pottery carafe is very cute, and I sure hope you will share some fun new sangria recipes with us!

Is the tortilla warmer made of fabric? Kinda looks like it. How cool that it keeps them hot! (No pun intended)!

Linda

• jessyf
    16 years ago

I want to see what Ann's posts look like after she's had a few sangrias in her.

Very nice package Gina, yup, she loves south of the border (not saying which one LOL) cuisine!

• ann_t
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Jessica, that post was after two glasses of Sangria. And not tiny glasses either. LOL!

• diana55
    16 years ago

I'm coming over for "Sangria" and "Chicken Fajita's" Ann !!!............ Oh wait....the ferries are broken down. well maybe next time !!!LOL Oh how I love Mexican. What a nice package you got from Gina !!! Well you deserve it !!! Way to go !!! Enjoy !!! Diana55 P.S...I'll take a rain check. LOL

• compumom
    16 years ago

I love it! I was with Gina when she bought the book and the theme took off from there! It all looks great, enjoy!

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

very nice swap package you received, ann. i just love the carafe.

well done, gina!

maryanne

• artsyshell
    16 years ago

Love the carafe and the warmer! How perfect is that, especially with your new tortilla press! I bet that book has some wonderful recipes! Enjoy your great swap.

Shelley

• Terri_PacNW
    16 years ago

That's a great package and I agree fits you and Moe to a T...

• diana55
    16 years ago

• jessyf
    16 years ago

I'll take the one on the left, Diana.

• craftyrn
    16 years ago

How perfect !

Love the pitcher --

• diana55
    16 years ago

Jessy...you can have all three of them....because it is a 3 item limit !!!LOL Diana55

• diana55
    16 years ago

.....if these "Mexicans" couldn't keep your Tortilla's warm, nothing else will !!!!!!!LOLOLOLOLOL Diana55

• wizardnm
    16 years ago

The carafe is really pretty, I love Mexican pottery too. I'm sure you will have fun trying the different recipes for Sangria and get a lot of use out of the tortilla warmer...

Great package Gina!!

Nancy

• riverrat1
    16 years ago

Whoa! That is the perfect package for Ann.

Ann, I know what a wonderful swap partner Gina is! Enjoy your goodies.

Once again you've done a great job Gina ;-)

• homesforsale
    16 years ago

I peeked at WFD first then raced here to see if the trio ..the beauteous trio ..was your gift..:)
    SOOOOO perfect and beautiful and you really spolight them in the most artistic way!

Happy for you~

• annie1992
    16 years ago

Monique, I did the same thing, I saw the WFD thread and came here to see the package.

Gina, that's an absolutely perfect swap package for Ann T, you "done good". I love the carafe and the warmer and, well, the Sangria, LOL.

Ann, if you posted after two big glasses of Sangria and are still that rational you're a much better drinker than I am. Dad used to tell me that if I had one drink I could feel it and if I had two drinks ANYONE could feel it. Ahem.

Annie

• lsr2002
    16 years ago

What a fun theme! I'm looking forward to recipes for different kinds of Sangria so I hope you'll share some Ann.

Max bourght home a "promotional" tortilla warmer from a ground breaking ceremony for a new Rancho Liborio, it works, but it sure isn't pretty and fun like yours Ann.

What could be better than a summer of Mexican food, homemade tortillas and Sangria.

Lee

• Gina_W
    16 years ago

I'm glad you liked the package Ann! I love the tortilla warmer - want to get one for myself (shoulda ordered 2, LOL!) I've never seen the cloth style either. I'm happy to hear it does a good job. The sangria recipes looked great too. Hope you get a lot of use out of each item - enjoy!

• brenda55
    16 years ago

Gina, that is a wonderful package you put together for Ann. Ann, you make it even more special with your culinary expertise and photos and I can see you will love using all of it.

Brenda

• dedtired
    16 years ago

Ay caramba, what a clever theme. Love the picher! Ann, you are so smart to think of using it as a prop for your pretty photographs. Useful and decorative.

Mmmmm, Sangrias!

• chancesmom
    16 years ago

Wow, really unique theme Gina! I think the carafe is really beautiful and will look wonderful in some of your pix Ann.

• sheshebop
    16 years ago

...and leave it to the very organized Ann to be able to use her swap items the day she receives them! They are beautiful, Gina. And Ann, your meal looks fabulous. I know you will get a lot of use from these.
    Sherry

• andi_2006
    16 years ago

Gina, what a perfect package for Ann! I am warming tortillas in the oven now and MUST look for a tortilla warmer! The carafe is gorgeous!! Ann, I know you will put everything in your package to good use!!

• msafirstein
    16 years ago

I've seen tortilla warmers similar to Ann's and wondered if they would keep the tortillas warm or not. Glad they do as I would like to buy one! The carafe is adorable!!!

Perfect box for Ann...great job Gina!

Michelle

• lakeguy35
    16 years ago

Gina nailed it big time with this package for sure! Love the pottery pitcher and the warmer is perfect for Ann's latest new toy that she shared with us a while back. I look forward to a sangria recipe or two....I've had a few two doors down at the neighbors.

David

• alison
    16 years ago

What perfect timing! I'd love to see some of those sangria recipes, Ann -- I've never thought of variations on that theme but they've got to be wonderful!

And the pitcher is really, really unusual -- I love it!

Wonderful swap package!

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths