SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alison_col

WANTED: 'To eat is a necessity....

alison
16 years ago

...but to eat intelligently is an art."

So says La Rochefoucauld, and so says Marianne, in my wonderful "Small and Raw" swap box. It is truly fabulous and perfectly suited to me -- from the outside in. You did a fabulous job in more ways than you know!

The first thing I noticed when I picked up the package is that my swap partner likes stamps. All kinds of stamps. Postage stamps, fragile stamps, dog stamps...

{{gwi:1465011}}
My second thought was -- "ooh! I can use those Knute Rockne stamps for a project!"

I was even more amazed when I opened the box -- cool wrapping paper! I can re-use that use that, too!

{{gwi:1465012}}

And look at those bows, and those great, straight boxes.... ooh! Look what's in them -- snacks!!

{{gwi:1465013}}
(I don't know if you can read the labels, they're snack mixes in Spicy Cajun, Fruit Infusion, Smokey Barbeque and Honey Roasted flavors. (The Honey Roasted mix is already gone!)

The big item is a perfectly sized Ikea pot. But wait -- there's more! Not only is it the perfect 3-litre size for a small household -- it also comes with it's own steamer/pasta insert and a insert for deep fat frying -- too cool!

{{gwi:1465014}}{{gwi:1465015}}

And yet -- still more! Marianne wrote the La Rochefoucauld quote in a bookplate for this, The Complete Book of Raw Food:

{{gwi:1465016}}
I've really started exploring and enjoying raw food, but this is a whole 'nother level! Compiled by 50 raw food chefs, it's got clear directions and instructions, a minimum of rhetoric -- and what recipes! Coconut Fudge, Corn off the Cob Crackers, Wild Mushroom Fajitas, and -- my personal pick for best recipe name ever -- "Beggin' for Bangkok Broccoli Bombast Bonanza"!

Marianne, the whole package is so wonderful, and so perfect for me, I can't thank you enough! The pot is perfectly sized (and will store easily!) and so useful, and the snacks are the perfect little pick-me-up or take-to-a-party. And the book is wonderful -- just what I needed!

Thanks you so much -- I've got a grocery list and I'm picking up veggies on the way home!

-- alsion

Comments (17)