SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kent4489

Sheshebop is a Romance Novelist :-)

kent4489
17 years ago

Sherry,

I LOVE the swap package you sent!!! I especially love the booklet with "steamy" passages that you wrote to accompany the perfect gifts! (Great summer, take to the beach book type of writing!) You set up the scenes so well for my "Summer Days"; all spent in places I've been to before and love (you brought back some great memories). You told me to use my "Imagination", but your descriptions and illustrations made me see it all clearly. I'll summarize my wonderful getaway, but will keep the romantic details a secret between us. ;-)

First, Sherry sends me to Italy... (scene) sitting on the terrace of a villa on the Amalfi Coast, exchanging sweet nothings with my honey... nibbling on strawberries, served in this gorgeous {{gwi:1464992}} (made in Italy). Sherry, this is beautiful. It's ovenproof and would have been perfect to use for something I made for dinner tonight.

Day Two, Turkey... (scene) charming countryside, nibbling on {{gwi:1464993}}. Sherry describes them straight from the tree but, these will do just fine. Oh, and then the "feast" that follows sounds delicious! (he he) I'm eager to try these...I've bought several bags for other people and never for myself, why, I don't know.

Next, to my favorite city, Paris! (scene) a patisserie (our room just above with those wonderful baking aromas). The pastry chef has an emergency call from his mistress and invites me, yes me, to bake bread. But, oh my, I need a {{gwi:1464994}}. The stone is inside, but I thought the box was pretty enough to photograph. Apparently, my loaves are a big hit in Paris, but DH was later fed a very special baguette. (Sherry, do they sell those aprons you mentioned in Paris? ooh la la) Seriously, I needed this baking stone. I'll use it often for baking bread and I'll also use it with the great pizza stuff Ann sent me in the last swap.

Onto Germany into Bavaria... (scene)taking a break from touring, sitting outside a lovely bakery, enjoying a nice German chocolate cake... could be presented on this lovely {{gwi:1464995}}. Something else I really need. I'm embarrassed to say, I currently use a makeshift cake plate when I need one. (Sherry, you went way back in your search to know I needed this.)

All good things must come to an end and our final "Summer Day" is spent in our FL home. (scene) Pool party and cocktails at my house (typical scene for us when there - lol)! Oh, yes, these are perfect for Cosmos in the pool! {{gwi:1464996}} I've gone so far as to have a Cosmo in a frosty ice cream dish while in the pool. Now, not only do I have plastic martini glasses, but they light up too! Very cool! (Hey David, we'll have to crash each other's cocktail parties and bring our own light-up glasses!)

Here's everything altogether...

{{gwi:1464997}}

Sherry, did I already say I LOVE everything you sent? Yes, I love, love, love it all! You did it all right, birthday twin! Thank you for not only the great gifts, but also for taking me back to re-experience some wonderful places I enjoyed visiting. (And Greg thanks you for all those romantic ideas!) I'm truly thrilled with everything and send you a giant THANK YOU!

Jayne

Comments (43)