SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msafirstein

Susie Sent Sunshine and Lemons!

msafirstein
16 years ago

I was gone all day today, actually had a very productive couple of days, and when I finally got home I found a box waiting for me! I hurriedly closed up the barns for the night, fed the animals, let the dog out, let the dog in, fed the dog and then methodically made myself my late afternoon latte and then and only then it was time to open the box!

Inside the box were many, no several, no wait a minute ONLY 3 items. Oh yes that's right only 3 items in categories as such.

Category 1: For the table: Bright, round sunshiny yellow placemats with matching, acrylic divided plates.

Category 2: From the kitchen to the table: Yellow lemon serving tray with 4 acrylic, covered-in-lemons glasses and 4 matching lemon coasters. The serving tray can also be used as a appetizer tray and then use the coasters as plates, I thought this was pretty cool that they could pull double duty. I already tried it as a tray and it worked great with the glasses so I think I will use it as a tray.

Category 3: For a nice quiet day: The coolest cookbook, "Basic Cooking" by Sabine Salzer and Sabastian Dickhaut. I love this cookbook! It is very basic but just glancing through it I realized I've forgotten so much and do need a primer which I don't have. The chapters are laid out in 2 ways: Part 1 KNOW - HOW and Part 2 THE RECIPES. Some of the chapters are Smart shopping; Cool Basics; Rapid Boiling; Roasting and Braising; The Fantastic 14. For Part 2; Pasta, potatoes & more; The lowdown and The recipes; Meat; The lowdown and The recipes and so forth. Very simple and basic but very straightforward and an easy read. Plus there are many tips all highlighted with bright yellow lemons! The recipes actually look pretty good too!

The Stealth Category for HSO (his stomach only): Snacks for my husband! Chocolate Covered Lemons, Entenmann's Pop'ems (lemony glazed donut holes, DH's favs) and I think Polish?? lemon Jello.

These swaps amaze me! Anyone who does not know we are still in construction on our home and although we moved into the master bedroom and no longer share the bathroom with my crews, which was a nightmare, we still have so much work to do!! But we did begin our exterior room last week and the structure is basically done and the stone floor is being installed next week. But I've been thinking that I should pick up some acrylic plates and serving pieces as I don't like the idea of china shattering on a stone floor! And I am just tickled that Susie sent me exactly what I needed and so cute too with all the lemons. And DH, who has already eaten all the donuts, says Thanks too!

I love everything and thank you ever so much for your thoughtful generosity.

Michelle

Below is a link to a picture of everything except DH eating the donuts!

Here is a link that might be useful: Susie's Sunshine

Comments (19)