SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bizzo13

Starz of South Texas have arrived in Connecticut!!

Bizzo
17 years ago

I got my swap package from Brenda in San Antonio today, and I must say I LOVE this package!

Brenda, You really did your research and made some wonderful choices. Thanks so much for taking the pictures, and for the thought that went into your selections.

Brenda's theme was the Starz of South Texas and what brilliant stars they are!!

Here's a picture of the lot, all wrapped up! (Pics courtesy of Brenda!)

Brenda sent a lovely home made card that described each star, and a great personal note with some more detail about her choices.

Her notes from the card:

Austin

This is the first start of South Texas, since it is our capital. Here you'll find the Fonda San Miguel Mexican food restaurant, which is an acclaimed State favorite, so for your reading and cooking pleasure, enjoy Fonda San Miguel Thirty Years of Food and Art. Austin also is Ausin Slow Burn Green Chile Jam and some Texas Sassy Pickle Chips.

The Hill Country

This is our next star, a part of Texas we call "The Hall Country." Texas Hill vineyards has a Pinot Grigio for your wine 'fridge. Fredricksburg Farms is touted for their Raspberry Peach Chipotle Glaze. For a sweet touch, there's Fain's honey.

San Antonio

My home "star." A visit to the Quarry revealed a condiment set for your goodies. then to Williams-Sonoma for a sought after microplane, as well as an avocado gadget (for that guacamole). For a little spice, there's Fireman's hot sauce for your tacos and a San Antonio Scene magazine featuring "Margaritas."

South of the Border

Next star is a little something that comes from across the border: Mexican Vanilla... it rocks.

The Nuts

Now, we can't tala bout the Starz of Texas without talking about the nuts. First, there's the Texas shaped crackers (which is nutty 'nuf by itself), but made in Canada! And, alas AND LEAST, a Texas Monthly magazine for your reading pleasure which includes a recipe article and also shows how really nuts we are here in Texas!

I (Bizzo) just have to say how like a kid I was with all this this afternoon!!

Here's a pic of all the Starz!

The Pinot is in my Wine Fridge chillin', the Condiment Plates are on display in my open shelves in the kicthen, and will be absolutely perfect for when I serve Tacos, as I bring all the fixin's in little bowls to the table!!

I hadn't gotten a microplane yet, and love it!! And about that avocado slicer... I just bought avocado's today, so in a couple days when they are ripe, I'll definitely be trying it out. I've always wanted one, but never wanted to buy one. It's a great gift for me.

I've never tried mexican vanilla, but you should have heard me exclaim when I opened it!! I couldn't resist and had to take a whiff right away. I've read a lot about it, and now I can try it!! (I think whipped cream for my berries I bought today is a perfect start!!)

Brenda really did her research, because I love to read, especially Foodie things, and the magazined (she also included a couple of cool local newspaper articles) are great fun, and the San Miguel book is incredible!! Beautiful and fun!

I kept running from the kitchen with a new goodie saying to my husband "look what we got!"

Brenda, you rock! I am really looking forward to tasting my bits of Texas.

I just LOVE the goodies!!

Comments (34)

Sponsored
Buckeye Restoration & Remodeling Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Central Ohio's Premier Home Remodelers Since 1996