Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I just opened ........

Posted by wizardnm (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 17, 06 at 20:19

A GREAT package from Teresa!

It came this afternoon and I waited for Kim to get home from work, she loves these swaps too.

First, there was a really nice letter from Teresa telling me more about herself. Teresa, thank you, it's really nice to get to know swap buddies better.
Then there was a packing list that explained that her theme was...."Categories-in-a-Box"....so here we go...

1. Condiments... Southern Delight BBQ Sauce, this looks really special and good, can't wait to try it. Apple Chutney,from Thomas Gourmet Food....yum! Doc Lee's Medium Pepper Relish, another yum! These were made in the same town that Teresa lives in. Also there is a jar of Savory Basil Garlic Pesto....a really big YUM here, it looks great.

2. Sweets....I'm busted! Teresa sent Almond Pistachio Biscotti and a box of Prim's Orange Filled Soft Cookies. Teresa knows how I love things to go with my coffee.

3. Table Top.... I love these... There are four of the cutest Chardonnay wine pattern plates, napkins to match and a pottery wine coaster....Teresa, the colors are great! They go with my color scheme so well. I can't believe you found something that works so well.

4. Seasonings.... Sea Salt and Tellicherry Peppercorns...both will be put to good use.

5. And the last catagory.... Etceteras..... the handiest little prep bowl...it hold about 1 cup and has a lid (from Oxo) this size will get lots of use and she even sent a bag of Martha Whites Self Rising Cornmeal Mix. This is impossible to find up here where I live.

Teresa....a BIG THANK YOU!!! I really appreciate everything you sent and the amount of thought you put into this great swap package. I wish I could take a picture and was glad to read that you took one. I had a ball opening it all up and everything was packed so well...nothing broke, smashed or leaking...you did good!

Nancy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I just opened ........

Whew! I'm so glad everything arrived safely with "nothing broke, smashed or leaking!"

I had fun learning more about you, Nancy, and trying to find items I thought you would enjoy. I hope you are able to use the useables and eat the comestibles (is that the right word?) during the rest of the summer and into the fall.

Stay cool!

Teresa

A pic of Nancy's swap box goodies:

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

o

Nancy, Teresa packs a great box doesn't she? I was the happy recipient of a swap from her as well. Enjoy!!

I find it a little funny that the box received is not one of the folks who has been madly tracking their packages today. That always seems to happen to me as well.

-Robin

o

I am so busted paying attention only to my little box in the wild.

Teresa, you chose such wonderful items for Nancy. I love the Chardonay wine plates. And oh those Pimms Orange cookies are a favorite of mine. Tellicherry Peppercorns pack a lot of punch; you won't need as much as a recipe calls for. I love their aroma. Ahchoo!

Happy box found a very good home. Hurray!

o

Very cute plates. I've seen that bowl in the stores and have refrained from buying them. Now I won't! Everything looks yummy!

o

Another winner! This is my first swap and I am flabbergasted by all the thought and care that go into these boxes. I love the wine coaster especailly.

Pam

o

I love the combination of blue and brown together. Great choices, Teresa. Lots of goodies for you to try, Nancy. Enjoy!

o

Nancy, have one of those Pim's cookies for me, I love 'em.
The wine plates are very cool and everything sounds really yummy.

Teresa was my swap partner last fall and I got a GREAT swap box. She knows how to pack a swap box, that's for sure.

I'm sure you and Kim will enjoy everything.

Annie

o

Oh Boy Nancy -- you and Kim are in for some great tastes with that box ! And you'll get endless use from the rest.
Can't make up my mind which I like more -- the plates or that nifty pottry wine coaster , very unique items Teresa-- you seem to have Nancy down to a tee .

Diane

o

Teresa you managed to capture the "right stuff" for a great gal! I love those little Oxo bowls-- I have two small ones and one large. They're my faves!

o

Nancy, lucky you...all wonderful items!
Teresa, you put together a great package.
I love those plates too.

Jayne

o

You're all terrific swap partners..
I can tell everything is thought out and picked with happiness for the recipients..:)

o

I'm coveting those plates too!!! Great swap Teresa, seems so Nancy!

o

What another amazing assortment of goodies! I'd love to try all those condiments! I've never had Pim's cookies, but I've heard they're good! The salt and pepper are great to have at the stove! I love the plates, too. Everything! What a great package! Enjoy!

Super job, Teresa!!

o

I love the Chardonay wine plates and the wine coaster! Never seen a wine coaster before.

Great swap package! Enjoy it all~

o

Love that wine coaster and the plates! very nice assortment of snackies and condiments.

great job Teresa!
janet

o

Another great swap box! Those plates are very cute, and I love the wine coaster. Nancy, you will use that OXO bowl often, I love mine!

Great job, Teresa!

Linda

o

Teresa, You selected a lot of great items for a great lady!

o

I love that wine coaster too...and if that garlic basil pesto is the stuff from "A Southern Season," you are in for a treat! Wonderful package, Teresa! Enjoy, Nancy of the North!

o

Yet another wonderful swap box :) The plates, napkins, and coaster are especially awesome. Great job, Teresa. Hope you enjoy your goodies Nancy!

o

oooh - another fun one!!!!!! What wonderful items you chose Teresa! I also love the wine coaster...and I don't think I can get ANY of those specialty items...

Nancy, beautiful description - have fun!

Stacy

o

What a nice package, love the plates and you can't go wrong with chocolate and orange in the same cookie!

o

Niiiiice!

Theresa, I know Nancy will enjoy her goodies that you put so much thought into.

Nancy, I enjoyed reading your description ;-)

o

Very, very nice! I do love those plates and napkins.

Enjoy!

AM

o

Teresa sent me that same pottery wine coaster in a previous swap and I love it!! Great package, everything looks wonderful!

o

Great goodies and beautiful plates, napkins and wine coaster. Another wonderful box. They just keep coming.

o

Oh I'm so glad that you took pictures Teresa. Very nice swap box. Love the plates and the pottery wine coaster. I know that Nancy will enjoy using everything.

Ann

o

Teresa, nice job on those useables and comestibles, LOL!

o

Teresa, you certainly put a smile on Nancy's face. The Chardonay wine plates are great. I could go for some of those Pimms Orange cookies right about now. Enjoy your goodies Nancy!

o

I love those plates. I wish I could find things like that around here. Nice box Teresa. I'm sure Nancy is enjoying everything.

Tracey

o

Very nice pottery wine coaster, the colors are so perty. Doc Lee's pepper relish-hmmmm, that sounds soooo good!Teresa, great job!

Nancy & Kim, enjoy everything!

o

Now that's what I'm talking about! What an excellent package of regional items and just good stuff. Nice work, Teresa. Enjoy it, Nancy!

o

Teresa, what a nice package, everything looks and sounds great.

Have fun, Nancy!

o

Great package! Love the wine coaster.

o

Having been a recipient of a swap box from Teresa, I know how much you are gonna love everything!

I love the wine coaster. Is that from Frogtown Pottery? Teresa sent me a gorgeous chip/dip server from there....

Teresa, another wonderful package!

Tikanas

o

What a great group of gifts. You and Kim can party in style.

Nice job Teresa.

Lee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here