SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lowspark1

wanted: as dh said 'i hit the jackpot!!'

lowspark
17 years ago

Wheeeeee!!!!

I came home from work to find a heavy box waiting from me from North Carolina! I knew immediately it had to be from Susan because she'd posted it was waiting on someone's doorstep. Who knew it would be ME?

{{gwi:1464809}}

Susan put together a jam-packed beautiful package for me, full of wonderful goodies.

{{gwi:1464810}}

Inside was a letter telling me a bit about herself - what a nice touch, I have to remember to do that next swap! The gifts were in five groups.

1. Tied with a purple bow:

{{gwi:1464811}}

Things for the kitchen and dining area:

Four adorable grape napkin holders, can't wait to use these! A grape hot pad and two dish towels -- all of which are perfect in my kitchen!!

{{gwi:1464812}}

2. Tied with a pink bow:

{{gwi:1464813}}

Items from NC: Two bottles of wine, Blackberry - sounds very sweet but it sounds perfect to drink with AnnT's brownies which I have a few left over from the weekend so that will be a treat! And a bottle of Biltmore wine, Cabernet. Doris (ruddmd) had sent me a bottle of Biltmore wine previously and it was very good so I'm really looking forward to trying the cab!

Also a bottle of ZY marinade which Susan says starts out sweet and gets hot, sounds wonderful!

And Mama Dip's Cookbook which includes some hsitory as well as recipes. I love it!

{{gwi:1464814}}

3. Tied with a hot pink bow:

{{gwi:1464815}}

"Just cuz I like them." A grape wine bottle stopper, perfect for me because I love to have lots of these on hand. And the most perfect napkins - also perfect for me. I love this kind of stuff!! And as a matter of fact, wine IS a serving of fruit, actually more than one serving because who just drinks one glass??!

{{gwi:1464816}}

4. The Thing in Flowered Wrapping.

{{gwi:1464817}}

Susan decorated and sewed a pocket on this apron for me, it's just wonderful. I love handmade stuff like this because long after I've finished the wine and marinade, this apron will always bring Susan to mind and I can think of how sweet she was to take her time to make this for me.

{{gwi:1464818}}

5. Packages tied in string, for my boys.

{{gwi:1464819}}

They're both away for the summer so I HAD to go ahead and open them. Each boy got a Bert's Bees lip balm which is perfect cuz my kids always need this stuff (and it's made in NC!). And for them (or is it for me?) a plaque which says "The Golden Rule: Keep Mom happy and you're Golden"

{{gwi:1464820}}

Susan also included a magazine about her county and some additional flyers to round out the package.

{{gwi:1464821}}

Susan, I just want to say a big

THANK YOU

for a fabulous package!!

Comments (37)