Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gift From White Cloud!!

Posted by arabellamiller (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 24, 06 at 19:47

Guess what was waiting on my porch when I got home from the beach with the kids today!?!

A HUGE box from our own Farmer Justice - Miss Annie! And in the very large box - A tortilla maker (so excited to try this!); A gorgeous cobalt blue pie plate (my fave color and my fave baking item); and another gorgeous serving dish. I'm going to take some photos tomorrow and I promise I'll post.

But wait! Could there be more!?! THe box says 1 of 2! You'll all just have to tune in to find out!

Thanks Annie, you are a superstar!

AM

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gift From White Cloud!!

Oooooooooh can't wait to see!!

o

Oh yes, there's another box with the rest of the "five" items in it. I'm so glad that tortilla platter got to you unbroken. When you get the other box you will find that there is actually a "theme", but the pie plate...well...I just couldn't squeeze that into the theme so I got it just because you said you liked them. LOL

Annie

o

Can't wait to see what the rest is! If you got any habanero gold, I'll be right ovah. Sounds like a great start!

o

A tortilla maker?? Wow. I can barely wait for part two.

o

Hoe exciting!Goodies.. a new way to prepare food and beautiful serving dishes..:) This is so amazing!

o

Hey, tap...tap...tap....we're waiting. LOL!

o

Tortillas you say....hmmmm I'm betting I know some of the things in box 2!!!

o

Wow, can't wait for the next box to arrive and the pictures.

Ann

o

I love cobalt blue, it's such a cheery color -- can't wait to see the contents of your box!

o

Here I sit, waiting (im)patiently.....

Linda

o

Part one sounds perfect!! I'm waiting for the pics and update too....and I'm on dial-up out here at the lake!!

David

o

We're waiting for the pictures girl!

(Remember in the olden days of the swaps when noone had digital cameras yet and there weren't any pictures - remember?)

o

Tomorrow was yesterday....where are those pix?

Linda

o

Uh.. AM, just exactly how big was that box that Annie sent you? Did you fall in? Are ya gonna need our help gettin' out?
Just rap once for yes. Twice for Upyerz.

Seriously, I hope all is well. We'll be here when you get a chance to post pictures.

Sol

o

I think her kids taped her into the box...

o

What they said..I'm ready to get into the car and drive to CT about now and pull her out of the box. Those kids of her's are cute but don't give them duct tape.

Cereally, where are you AM?

o

AM, I'm tuned in. Has part 2 arrived? Can't wait to see the blue pie plate!

o

ttt hee hee (no pressure, no, none at all)

o

Hey! We can't wait FOREVER ya know! Maybe she went south of the border...

o

Wow, I sure hope that second box got there, now I'm going to start to worry a bit. The first one had all the big stuff, but the second one was the "details". Sigh.

That's what I get for having a theme, sheesh. Stuff in a box wouldn't matter....

Annie

o

I am with River, those kids MUST have taped her into the box, and we all know it takes forever to get duct tape off anything!

o

Hi - no second box yet. I practically jumped the mailman today! (he's kind of cute, so I wanted to!).

I'll post the second I open it, I promise! (although I might take a minute to scarf down any homemade goodies first!)

AM

o

Whew! there you are, I was beginning to worry!

o

Yikes! Still no 2nd box and we are leaving for vacation tomorrow. :)

My next door neighbor is watching the house and bringing in mail for us, I'm going to alert her to bring any boxes in ASAP and NOT TO TOUCH THE CONTENTS! (she's a bit of a "Mrs. Kravitz", which makes for a safe neighborhood, but very little privacy)

I'm looking forward to digging in when we get home.

AM

o

Can't wait to see pictures and hear about the second box. The pie plate sounds beautiful.

Annie, You do pack a mean box. What could be in box #2?

Tracey

o

Well, let's see. The first box contained the "breakable" stuff, the electric tortilla press/baker, the blue and white tortilla platter and the cobalt blue pie plate.

Box #2? Why, it contains everything else, of course.

Annie

o

Oh, this sounds like a delicious package.

AM, I bet that colbolt blue pie plate would make one beautiful blueberry pie! Can't wait to see the rest of the package.

Enjoy it.

o

oh phooey - I was waiting for pictures before I posted! It sounds wonderful! Can't wait to hear the rest and hopefully see it all.

Stacy

o

I am trying to catch up and thought I had already posted, guess I was just waiting on the 2nd. box,

will just have to wait a bit longer, box #1 sounds great, a tortilla maker, what could be better,

will just have to wait,,,

o

Man, I'm so far behind I don't think I'll ever get caught up here. So far so good with box number one. I love tortillas and I'm sure you will too now that you can make your own. Way to go Annie! The pie plate and serving dish sound great too! Can't wait to see pics and to see box #2!! I sure hope it's not MIA thanks to the USPO.

Gina, I remember way back then too....it may be a little fuzzy but I remember!! LOL!

David

o

Oh wow! A tortilla press?!! That's great! I love dishes! I'm sure the pie plate and serving dish are beautiful! Yes, waiting to see pictures and box #2!! Great job Annie!

o

Well, I was going to wait for pix to post, but I am too impatient.
The tortilla maker sounds like a fun tool! Can't wait to see the dishes, too! And I hope box #2 didn't get lost!

Linda

o

Very cool! Let us know how the Tortilla Maker does!~ Ole!

o

I keep checking back. Sounds like you will be having a fiesta with that box! I love the sound of the cobalt blue pie plate.

o

Box 2 is here! It was waiting for me in the mudroom on my return from vacation - what a perfect welcome home.

Annie put together a wonderful box. In addition to the tortilla maker, pie plate and tortilla platter, there's a pie chicken(? - the directions say to put in in your top crust so that filling doesn't spill over, sounds cool!), 3 different salsas (2 of which are homemade, YAY! I can't wait to try the peach), tropical juices for the kids, Masa corn flour and a Mexican cookbook!

A perfect swap box for my South American cuisine and pie loving kitchen!

Here's a photo of the goodies:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And some close ups:

I'm making tortillas with the kids for lunch today! I'm so excited to use my new toy.

Thanks again Miss Annie - you are a gem.

AM

o

Oh thank god it got there. I was actually worrying about this box! Thats an amazing tortilla plate - I can see many other uses for it. Like sending it to me instead. Can you tell us more about that top crust chicken?!?

Hey whats that blue countertop? Major lust!

o

What a great south of the border swap package AM......Annie did a great job! I love the platter and pie plate, but I covet that pie bird! They are used in the center of the pie to let the steam escape so the contents don't boil over.

o

Yes, marigene, you're right - that's exactly what it says on the back of the chicken box!

So, let me get this straight, I roll out the top crust and cut a hole in it and lower it over the chicken's head? Do I then not have to cut any more slits in the pie crust?

I'm going to experiment with my new pie plate and chicken (which, incidentally, matches the pie plate PERFECTLY!). I'm really into the new chicken.

Oh, and I made corn tortillas today! I would have taken a picture, but they weren't very pretty. Tasty though! Pressing them down the right way takes a few tries. I'm loving that corn flour.

AM

o

AM, just make a slit in the top crust and work the pie bird into it, so it is sitting on top of the crust.....at least that is how I do it. I don't do any other slits.

o

That platter is so fine! I've never seen a pie bird? Great idea! Enjoy your box AM.

Annie! I think I need to know more about that platter ;-) I love it!

o

Oh thank goodness, I was obsessing over that second box. You see, that homemade jar of red salsa is the last jar I had. I had Jessica do a bit of "spying" to make sure it would be acceptable since you keep kosher. The peach is a fresh batch, I made it just for you.

I'll be frank, the juice was a litle lame, but I couldn't think of one darned thing "south of the border" for the kids, I got a complete block somehow.

I liked the pie bird so well that I bought myself one, I thought he was very unique.

I'm so glad that finally got there. Whew. You would have had to have waited until after Canning Camp to get more salsa if that had been misdirected.

Annie

Psst, Karen. That platter was a "find" at Marshall's. I don't know what it was really supposed to be, but it seemed perfect for tortillas.

o

I think everybody was worried about that second box! Whew! Glead it made it! Annie, you did a wonderful job. Everybody seems perfect, and the platter and plate are gorgeous. Have fun with your stuff Arabella!

o

Well, that sure was worth waiting for! Those pie birds are great - decorative, yet functional. Leave it to Annie to be so clever.

Annie, great package(s).

I know you'll love it, AM

o

Whoa, I'm not officially supposed to be here, but...... I couldn't help myself.

I love your second box. The title of this swap could have been "What's in the Other Box?" LOL

Now I vote that you hustle to Manhattan so that I can show you how to make my pie pastry and bring some of that salsa with you, okay!

Bubbe

o

YEA!!!!!! it made it!!!!!! I love the photos - Annie, such a wonderful package - I love mexican. The platter is beautiful...but oh, how lucky you are AM, to get that jar of salsa!!!!! last one! savor it!

Stacy

o

Wow, definitely worth the wait! That platter is really pretty, And I LOVE Mexican food, so now I am going to have to go out and get a tortilla press!
The pie bird is cool, have heard of them but never seen one!

Great job, Annie! Get cookin' AM!
Linda

o

Okay, I'm lusting after both your swap box and your countertop! There seems to be a tortilla theme going around here - maybe I should take it as a sign that I need one LOL.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here