Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blueiris

Posted by susan_in_nc (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 24, 06 at 18:57

could you e-mail me?

Package is here, will post details tomorrow.

Susan

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blueiris

Susan - I emailed you, hope everything is ok -- blueiris

o

Late yesterday, I received a lovely box from Blueiris in CO. I was unfortunately called to take care of some family business and couldn't open it or post the pictures here. So, I HAD TO WAIT! After waiting, and waiting (like some of us did so impatiently) I had my box and still needed to wait! RATS!!!!

Well, the wait was well worth it. Blueiris is an absolute doll.
She had researched a bit and sent me a beautiful notebook to file the recipes that I download from CF. Additionally she sent a wonderful healthy cookbook to experiment with and to help DH along with his weight loss. I'll have to look through this fast -- have a meeting of a support group, and I'd love to bring some great tasting treat to share, that is healthy and just amazing to the meeting.

For fun and just because she sent four beautiful STRIPED napkins. Now, if I just could get someone here to draw the straight lines on my walls so I could paint in the stripes I want there! (I am visually challenged, can't draw a straight line for the life of me -- DS is the same way and right now is the only one willing to help!) As you can see the colors are bright and colorful. I didn't get a snap of the picture hanging on the wall, but it is also bright caribbean colors. The napkins are a nice compliment and tie some of the colors together in the room. Also, included is an great little gadget for sealing opened bottles of wine -- great timing since DD just absconded with one of mine! To match all that is a cute little spreader, done with gems and silver wire that matches the stopper and the napkins. Great summer items.

Then for my pleasure some coffee, be assured I'll be perking some of this later today -- have to stay awake during the boring part of the meeting, so I can enjoy the conversation and visiting part that comes later! Also, a book that I heard about but hadn't gotten yet, "Fifty Acres and a Poodle". I know that I will enjoy this and will likely pass it on to my SIL who just had her beloved poodle pass.

Blueiris also added a cute card with a wonderful note that let me get to know her a bit better. Blueiris, you are wonderful!

Susan

Here is a link that might be useful: swap from Blueiris

o

Well, it all sounds fabulous, but the picture doesn't work.

I will look for that book at my library. The colors in your items sound wonderful. I want to see!

o

Says the link has been deleted! I want to see! Sounds great but I want pix.

o
RE: Blueiris photo link

Photo link -- Hopefully! I thought I had this down pat!

Susan

Here is a link that might be useful: Blueiris swap album

o

That one worked, Susan! Those napkins are beautiful! I am intrgued by that book, and the cookbook looks like a good one!

Ya can never have too many of those bottle stoppers, either! LOL

Great job, Blueiris!

Linda

o

Susan, ooh, I really like those colors. Nice package.
Blueiris, you made great choices!

Jayne

o

I love the care and creativity that goes into all these swap packages. The napkin colors are lovely, very crisp and refreshing. And now I'm curious about the 50 Acres and a Poodle -- I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Lovely package!

o

Love the color of the napkins, blue and green are one of my favorite combos! Oh, and coffee..........great job blueiris!

o

I love those colours!!! Still trying to get my head around a cork for a partially used bottle of wine though. I know what a cork is but what's a partially drank bottle of wine!?!

o

The notebook for CF recipes is SUCH a great idea - I wish I thought of it-lol Great job, Blueiris and enjoy, Susan!

o

Those napkins are awesome, love that color combo. What a neat idea for the CF recipes, Blueiris.

o

Ha ha, Chase, I know what you mean! A partially opened bottle of wine? Huh? Funny. But I digress... I love those placemats! What great colors! And the poodle book sounds fun, too. Great package! Well thought out...

o

Joining both of you on the "partially opened bottle of wine." The only time that happens is when one of us is drinking white or on the second bottle, and even then not so much.

However, there are those who drink responsibly and tastefully and need a beautiful stopper, ahem.

Me thinks I get the color scheme Blueiris. Love the napkins, stripes are a favorite. The notebook was a thoughtful idea.

Susan, we are all reminded of DH's diet success and that book should be inspirational.

Bubbe

o

I also love the towels. That looks like a lovely swap package, and I hope you enjoy it Susan.

o

yeah, those colors are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! Love them! WHAt a great package! lol at Chase...

o

Beautiful, Blueiris - just beautiful! I'll have to look out for that 50 Acres and a Poodle book also, as I have my mini-poodle, Andy.

Enjoy, Susan!

o

That looks like a good make your own cookbook system -- what a nice idea to include that-- and coffee while you're reading . Those napkins certainly say Summer ! Enjoy Susan.

Blueiris - you did a great job finding unique items that fit into Susan's lifestyle without tempting her Hubby .

Diane

o

Blueiris, you pegged Susan. I love it all. Great job!

o

Well, I had expected to brew a nice pot of Steamboat's Organic Rocky Mountain Blend last night but DD handed me a glitch. She just learned how to drive Boyfriend's stick (OK, get minds out of the gutter!) and burned out the clutch. I had to go on a rescue mission instead of going to the weight loss meeting with DH and hadn't even started to get my coffee going!

DD is fine, DH went on without me and had a fine time too! The clutch needs replacing, but I heard that a year ago. I told DD that I wouldn't have taught her on my new clutch (we call it "Baby Car";0) or on one that I knew was almost gone -- not truly her fault.

Anyway, best of intentions gone with the wind. That is my life around here! But, I did get to sit and relax with a (several actually) wonderful full bodied cup/s of coffee this morning. Sent DH off to work, DS and buddy were up to wee hours last night so are sleeping in so Jack (my lab) and I had a nice quiet morning on the back deck and I had my coffee -- Thank you Blueiris!

Susan

o

Great swap.. :) I am truly amazed at all of them..
No ordinary feat to please someone to the extent that all of you have.

o

Susan, when Amanda started college 4 years ago we bought her a Grand Am, purple.....with a manual transmission. LOL It took her 4 months to burn up the clutch, and I had already told her it was going to happen so don't worry about it. Fortunately, she was already dating David and he replaced the clutch for the cost of parts. She's still driving that car.

You got a great swap box too, with nothing illegal to tempt the hubby. I really like the notebook thought too, a couple of times I thought I needed to start some of the girls with favorite recipes. The colors in the linens are beautiful too.

Good job, blueiris, I'm sure this one took some thought given Susan's circumstances. You did well indeed.

Annie

o

Blueiris, very good selection. I can almost smell Susan's morning coffee all the way up here!

Enjoy it Susan.

Janet

o

Another wonderful swap box! Good going!

o

Great package.

Susan, please share some recipes from that cookbook!

o

Very nice. The notebook for recipes is a great idea.

Enjoy!

Ann

o

Not only is the notebook a good idea it looks beautiful, the kind of thing you really want to fill up and use. Nice choices.

o

Susan,

I'm glad you enjoyed the package. I have that cookbook and love it --hope you find recipes you can both enjoy.
I'm glad the napkins work --you had said you liked stripes and had a green and blue kitchen, but you never know, I was worried the colors would be so off they would make you cringe instead of enjoy them -- glad it's the latter --
50 Acres and a Poodle is a book I read a couple years ago that made me laugh out loud -- I thought it might be the kind of read you would enjoy about now, with a nice cup of hot coffee --- enjoy!

Blueiris

o

Beautiful colors on the stripes! I could just imagine a bouquet of blue irises wrapped in them! What a thoughtful assortment for Susan. LOL about reading with the dog. I think they make the best early morning buddies!

finally

o

Another blue fanatic! Yippee! Don't forget to tuck in some hand written recipes or notes on printed ones in that beautiful notebook for your DD to cherish. Thats what I love the most from my mom, now gone.

Nice package!

o

Yep, this is one of those packages that just sends out great vibes. I love this box.

I started ANOTHER (the last of three children) cookbook for my DS that goes off to college next year. If he makes an YUMMMMMM noise at the dinner table I copy the recipe and put it in a notebook. LOL!

Great job.

o

What a thoughtful package, enjoy Susan!

o

Great colors! The album is a great idea! I love the book and cookbook! I don't have any stoppers. I think they're a great idea. Enjoy your package!

Blueiris...super package!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here