Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: A Huge Thank you to our Craftyrn !!!

Posted by paulines (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 3, 06 at 17:49

I was next on our swap circuit! True to Craftyrn's post, the man in the brown shorts paid us a visit today.

I just don't know where to begin-lol. Craftyrn is a great snoop and a wonderful shopper. She did 4 categories;

Pauline's Red Hot Summer Kitchen (does that mean I'm a red hot mama?). Here's a picture of that group:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

There was some local red wine, a fabulous cutting board, a kitchen timer, cute kitcheney hooks and a veggie peeler, all in the red theme.

Next was Cooling it Down with Green:

That consisted of a cold pasta cookbook and a really great & RUSTIC(!) olive & oil set.

Then came Cool Blue Evenings:

Some great French seafood spreads, a bottle of local blueberry wine (yum!) and some 4th stirrers.

Last, but not least, was Packing, a handy tote that keeps hot or cold.

Thank you very much, D. for the thought & care you put into my swap package, we will enjoy using (and drinking, oh yea!) everything & think of you when we do ~ please keep an eye for my email!

BTW, I got such a laugh from your card - I can relate (sadly).

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: A Huge Thank you to our Craftyrn !!!

Wow, what an awesome swap box and really creative theme! Love the items and originality. Enjoy paulines :) Great job Craftyrn!

o

Diane, you done good!

Pauline, I really like Blueberry wine! Enjoy your goodies!

o

Really creative package. And lovely items. I know what great taste Diane has because I got one of her packages and it was awesome. Janet

o

Pauline, you know you're a Red Hot Mama! Great package Diane!

o

Hey Red hot mama! nice package!

great going craftyrn! (way to expand the rules)

jc

o

Fantastic package.

Rats! I knew I should have mailed earlier.

o

Very nice package, Red Hot Mama!

o

Wow, what a great package! I bought a bottle of blueberry wine in Maine several years ago, my mother the wino...er..expert said it was excellent.

I love the "color" theme, too, and the cold pasta cookbook. Perfect for hot summer weather.

Annie

o

Great package and theme. I have that red peeler and it is great.

-Robin

o

Pauline...nice, nice gifts! Diane, great choices!

Jayne

o

Diane, you are very clever; such a great collection of goodies. I, too, love the theme. Crafty, indeed! I love the cutting board!

Bubbe

o

Oh Jeepers! I'm having technical difficulties with my Photobucket account ~ please bear with me while I try to figure out where the heck the pictures went!

o

A group picture :)

Red Hots:

Cool Greens:

Blue Evenings:

What a scare!

o

Do I spy a Mary Engelbreight card too:)?I love her things..Every yr I have the desktop calendar.

Very nice!!
My husband got me hooked on pocket timers...

o

Great swap box goodies! Blueberry wine??? Sounds yummy! Haven't seen those cute kitchen hooks, very nice.

Great job, Diane!

Teresa

o

Very cute and clever theme...the colors! Very nice package craftyrn. Very lucky you, Paulines!

o

Lots of great goodies for sure! Enjoy them all Paulines! Way to go Diane!

o

What a great theme Diane, you really know how to group!!!! And lucky you, Red Hot mamma, you just gotta know that handle is going to stick!

Just love everything......

o

Diane, you always come up with the best themes and you did it again. Love the colour of the olive oil set.

Enjoy Pauline.

Ann

o

What a neat group of gifts and a very clever theme. You're set for lots of fun Pauline.

Lee

o

What a great theme Diane! I'm sure Pauline is going to enjoy everything, especially the wine.

Tracey

o

Very nice package! All sorts of neat stuff. I am constantly amazed at the inspiration for swap packages that you all come up with.

Susan

o

What a nice package! I could have used that pocket timer this weekend. I was boiling some potatoes, thought "hmmm, they need just another minute" and went out to the garden. It was five minutes before i had a "yikes" moment and ran back in to rescue them before they turned to mush.

Every item is so thoughtful! Yay Crafty and Lucky Paulines.

Pam

o

Wow! Great goodies. I love the olive oil set and yum...blueberry wine sounds heavenly. Enjoy, Pauline.

o

Wow! Nice package! I don't know how you all come up with these awesome ideas! Enjoy~

o

Very nice package, and the theme helped me edit the package I am about to send.

I have one of those pocket timers, but mine has a magnet that attaches it to the fridge. I might consider taking it with me when I want to time a parking meter.

Can you tell us more about the Wild Salmon Salad?

Lars

o

Great package! Nice theme. I'll also be interested in hearing about the wild salmon salad, and the blueberry wine too!

o

Great theme, Crafty! I love those cute hooks and that olive oil set is great! Cold Pasta? MMMM My kind of cookbook! And blueberry wine to top it all off...WOW!

Enjoy, Paulines!

Linda

o

Very nice! Having the red, green and blue themes is very....Crafty! Hope you enjoy it! -maria

o

Wow! That is some kind of swap package! I just love the theme. Blueberry wine, huh?! You'll have to let us know how that is!

Great job, Crafty! Enjoy Pauline!

o

monique, the card is by Country Characters. It has a picture of an olderish woman in exercise attire standing in front of a mirror. Her chest is hanging quite low (well, everything is as a matter of fact)~ the caption is, "Help! They've fallen and they can't get UP!" lolol

Lars & May, I haven't had the opportunity to try the salmon salad yet, but the ingredients are listed as follows;

potatoes, salmon, carrots, flagolets, red & green peppers, celery, sunflower oil, mustard, salt, vinegar, dill, garlic, white pepper & paprika - yum, what's not to love?

We just returned from a couple days down at Provincetown, Cape Cod. DH is on vacation the rest of the week, so I'm planning on cracking open the blueberry wine soon.

D, it was a pleasure speaking to you yesterday morning, thanks again (and sorry things were so hectic here)!

o

Paulines, have fun with this great swap package. Crafty, what a terrific package you sent! Enjoy the blueberry wine!

Brenda

o

I LOVE that blueberry wine. Whats in the frog bottle? 'Cold Pasta' - that looks good now in this hot weather. Good one, Diane!

o

I love that olive oil set! And the Cold Pasta cookbook looks excellent! Nice job, Crafty! I'm sure you'll enjoy the goodies Paulines!

Catherine

o

What a fun package, I love the color theme. Very clever Diane, great box! I'm LOL at the the Fat Frog Red! I hope you share some of those cold pasta recipes with us soon Paulines.

David

o

What a smart theme and wonderful package.

Diane, you are a wonderful swap partner. I think of you everytime I use the insulated carrier (and I use it alot) you sent me in a previous swap!

Pauline, you Red Hot Momma, enjoy your goodies. I bet that blueberry wine is good.

Karen

o

Love the theme and cold pasta would have been a treat around here the last few days.
Nice job Craftyrn.
Linda

o

Wow! I love the hot and cold ideas -- but the idea of blueberry wine has really got me going!

o

Diane, waht a agreat package you put together - very thoughtful and representative of your area.

We actually got some dry blueberry wine last year when we werein the Finger Lakes - it is very very good. Light and refreshing.

Pauline, very nice description - enjoy all your 'stuff'!

Stacy

o

Cool stuff! How is the blueberry wine? I'd love to try that cold pasta book. Must have some great recipes. Nice themes, Diane!

o

Very nice ...colors that's a great theme idea......

o

Yumm! Cold pasta salad with blueberry wine! That will be a real treat on an upcoming too-too-hot for a Red-Hot-Mama to cook night!

Enjoy your wonderful treats!
~finally

o

Great theme and great gifts, Diane! Enjoy your goodies, Pauline!

Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here