Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Hee Hee Hee It's here! You rock, Ellen!

Posted by sheshebop (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 24, 06 at 17:01

I got it. Oh My God! After a day from He** I found it at my door! I swear it could NOT have come on a better day. And it could not have been more welcome! I will clean off some counters, and line it all up, and show it all off. Be back at ya!
Sherry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Hee Hee Hee It's here! You rock, Ellen!

Please hurry!

o

You should know we are not a patient bunch!

o

geeze, hurry'tip up!

o

Okay. First of all, Ellen, you did research me well. Everything was something I absolutely loved. First, Ellen's theme was Sherry's kitchen colors" (which is absolutely correct)
First was a neat little bread slasher so you can slash your dough before baking. There was also the absolutely perfect cookbook, "For Weekend Cooks." Those who know that on weekends I prepare the week's meals for my in-laws would know how perfect this is for me. The placemats are gorgeous yellow and red, and the fruit is a little red cherry. Coming from the State that is the cherry capital of the US, you can appreciate how much I adore anything with cherries. They and lemons are the perfect fruit in my eyes. (I mean in my eye, lol) Then came a cute little bottle of sherry vinegar (named after me, of course) and a bottle of raspberry chipotle grilling sauce. Yummy! The two little kitchen towels have a little rooster on them, which Ellen bought because they go with my pantry door, which has a handpainted rooster on it. There was also two precious little red bakers with scalloped edges, gorgeous! And 4 red mini bowls (I love mini bowls). Then a red handle serving fork and spoon, some spice labels for my spice mess, and some adorable labels for my canning goodies. She also sent an L.A. Times and a local real estate mag, and Dexter was the recipient of some pretty cool jerky! This was an absolutely wonderful, special, very appropriate and much appreciated swap box Ellen. I can't thank you enough!

Here is a link that might be useful: Swap from compumom

o

Wow! I love those red bowls and bakers and the placemats are beautiful. The cookbook looks great! Great package, Ellen. Enjoy, Sherry!

Brenda

o

The whole Shebang..IS the whole shebang! Bravo!

o

Gee Sherry, with all that great new stuff you need to get rid of some things to make room. I would be happy to volunteer and rid you of some of your old stuff. Especially that piece of pottery next to your cooktop if I remember it's placement correctly.

o

Sherry...ooh, those colors will work for me too...I'll have those adorable scalloped bowls.
Ellen...great job! It's all great!

Jayne

o

Wow! That is so perfect for you Sherry! I love it all.

Ellen, You win the sleuthing award this go around. Job well done!

o

Great package, Ellen! I love all the red items, especially the rooster towels! Those are the cutest little scalloped bowls. Enjoy everything, Sherry!

o

Great selections, Ellen! Love all that red, Sherry!

Teresa (who wants Sherry's pantry door!)

o

The red is such a pretty color! Enjoy it all!

o

That's a terrific package Ellen. I love the bowls and bakers. I'd like to take a peek at that cookbook too.

Enjoy those great gifts Sherry.

Tracey

o

Ellen, yer gives as good as yer gets!

I can picture lovely little flans in those custard bowls; creme brulee anyone? Or in my house, the perfect size for condiments. I love the reds and yellows too. I haven't seen your kitchen, Sherry, but from the way it sounds, these placemats and other items are perfect.

I love the spice labels too.

Sherry, enjoy all of it!

o

Ellen sent my my first swap package - she sure can pack one! That's wonderful! I love those scalloped bakers and the rooster towels...

Sherry, sounds like package was custom made for you...have fun.

Stacy (who's still waiting...tap, tap, tap)

o

Wow, seems like all of it matches you to a T Sherry! Great job Ellen!

janet

o

There is nothing in that package that I would not love. Ellen, you are so thoughtful and generous.

Enjoy, Sherry.

o

Ellen you did a wonderful job yet again. I know first hand how generous Ellen can be. The whole shebang is fabulous.

Sherry hide those canning labels when the gang arrives for canning camp!

o

I dunno....I bet we can put those labels to good use. Very nice, Ellen. Enjoy that lovely box, Sherry.

o

Great package! I especially love the bowls and towels.

o

A real red hot swap box. LOL Those fluted bowls are great and the placemats are adorable. Nice package.

o

Well, that has to be the brightest swap box ever! Beautiful, just beautiful, Sherry. Ellen, you sure know how to pack a great box!

Linda

o

Usually when someone sees red it doesn't mean they LOVE IT! But, this time seeing red means just that! Such a nice box to a wonderful person!

Great job

Susan

o

Outstanding job, Ellen! Too bad you only live like five miles from me... you'll never be my swap partner. :( Of course, you always do give little gifties...

But Sherry, what a wonderful package! Love everything, but then again those little ramekins are special (I got a set of yellow!). Very, very nice. Enjoy it!

o

Cute package Sherry. Ellen you DO rock!

(I'm getting swap-fever - can't remember which threads I posted to!)

o

I love all that red! The towels are too cute. Another great swap package!

o

Those rooster towels & little red fluted bakers are terrific, as is the cookbook - so perfect!

Enjoy everything, Sherry (& Dexter)!
P.S. I hope today was a better day for you?

o

That box was totally meant for ME!!! heee...okay not the labels that say "sherry" or the "sherry" vinegar)....BUT...everything else!!!

That cookbook is perfect. Great package. It is sherrylicious. I know you will enjoy it.

o

That's quite a package-- really personalized to you Sherry-- labels , that great cookbook & even you own vinegar . Those little bowls will be handy . Everything looks so cheerful .

Nice job Ellen

Diane

o

The little red bowls are too cute, especially the scalloped set, just love these. Also, the towels are WONDERFUL!

o

Wow, I love those placemats and the fluted bakers. Those will be handy for Sherry, I'll bet.

The canning labels are such a good idea too, Sherry will have to have them for everything she's going to learn to can!

Our swap has such nice bright colors this time around, it must be the time of year.

Annie

o

I agree Annie, bright colors abound, this time around.

Sherry, I'm intrigued by the raspberry/chipotle sauce. Sounds delicious to me. And of course, I love Red, so those cute little ramekins are sheer delight in my eyes. Ellen, the real estate magazine is a very cool touch. You rawk!

Sol

o

Ellen, you did good. Love everything that you sent Sherry. Love the colour read. Those little red ramekins and baking dishes are so cute.

Can't wait to see what Sherry bakes in them.

Ann

o

I'm laughing. But I won't tell you why, just yet.

EJ

o

Evil Jessie, what is up your sleeve, O Wicked One???

o

I'll email you, Sherry. Neener neener.

EJ (I can't do the 'TM' alt code thing on my laptop! Waaahh!)

o

Okay you two, no fair!! Ellen, great package you put together for Sherry. I love it all and I've always thought a splash of red anywhere is a good thing! Perfect for Sherry's kitchen, roosters and all! Wait, I can see it all live a week from now!

David

o

Oh, it's all great! I love everything in this package! Especially the towels and the dishes! Love that cookbook, too! The placemats are great! Enjoy this fine, fine package!!

Ellen, great job! Love the rooster touch!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here