SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stacy3_gw

Summer treats for everyone from Alison!!!

stacy3
17 years ago

Well after camping for the past few days we reluctantly left because of Scott leaving for a business trip. Will and I were particularly disappointed, so we were both very happy to see a package on the porch as we pulled in the driveway!

I couldnÂt figure out who it was fromÂno note. So I turned on the computer and found that Alison lived in Ohio and had forgotten her note  mystery solved! Then I had to find the camera in all of our camping "stuff"Â.

Look at how beautiful this looked when we opened the box!

{{gwi:1464274}}

Right away, I thought  "oh, she knows I love margaritas (lol!) and she knows I need more things for outdoor entertaining! The plastic margarita glasses are great!

The rest of the packages were numbered and I told Will to rip into package number 1 titled "for the young at heart" I wish I had the camera poised  he lit up when he opened the popsicle molds! He asked if he could have oneÂ(he really is a bright kid  reallyÂ)

{{gwi:1464275}}

Now I will add that Alison and I were in close contact when I got the package (I had to verify that it was from her  lol!) and she sent me an email with info about the package. She included the sweetest story about eating popsicles at her grandmotherÂs when she was a kid and sent some great ideas for how to fill theseÂYum! I will post her rocky road pops soon!

No I have to sidetrack just a bit ÂAlison said that she was "intimidated" when she got my name because I "seem like such an accomplished cook" I REALLY AM QUOTING HERE!!! I laughed and laughed and laughedÂnot laughing at you Alison, but just that I have come SO FAR since meeting everyone here!!! I never expected to hear a comment like that!!! Thank you.

Anway, she decided to focus on my outdoor space  which worked out great  we love being outdoors and having drinks on the patio or pool deck  plastic cups are wonderful. (Summer is so short here, we really take advantage of it).

So she sent a bucket of mojitos! Scott and I watched Bobby Flay make these recently and both commented that we had to try some. Never had em. Not for long!!!!! Another quote from Alison "we all know that guests can be a little clumsy with your stemware after a drink or three Âhence the plastic glasses! TheyÂre fun, theyÂre funky  and you retrieve them from the bushes with no harm done." Another quote that made me laugh.

I believe the package started with these beautiful ice cream bowls. I donÂt have anything like these Alison and I love them. Will just thinks youÂre WONDERFUL with thoughts of popsicles and ice cream! To go with them, she sent some delicious sounding red raspberry syrup, Belgian Chocolate Sauce described as "heaven in a jar" (I think IÂm hiding thisÂ), and some Cadbury Finger cookies! I will take pics of some gorgeous sundaes, guys!

{{gwi:1464276}}

Alison, what a fun package for all of us  itÂs so refreshing and just perfect for us! You did a great job checking me out and found some wonderful things. Thank you again.

Stacy

Comments (33)

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm