SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

David sent me a picnic!

annie1992
17 years ago

OK, more suspense here, the box got delivered to my office so I can't list everything and post pictures until I get home.

However, my office agrees that David is a sweet heart and a great gift giver. My box was HUGE and heavy, which is why my UPS guy delivered it to the office himself. I was going to wait until I got home, but Ashley's in Costa Rica, so I gave in (reluctantly, really. Ahem) and opened the box.

OMG, this is so cool. David's note says the theme is "A Picnic or a Day at the Beach". The box contained a huge picnic basket, complete with plates, glasses, napkins, flatware, some cold thermal packs to keep things cool. He also sent a beach/picnic blanket that folds and zips into a cushion, TWO cookbooks, some artichoke salsa, a couple of sauce/marinade things, pickled asparagus and my favorite, garlic mustard (which I've already opened and tasted, ignore that in the pictures). He also sent me a "cool wrap" and a mister, to stay cool on the farm, a bubble gun and beach ball "for the grandkids" (uh huh, like they're getting that bubble gun, LOL)

I also got a nice letter outlining why there were really only five (can't count either, David, can you?) things, a Tulsa newspaper and the bulletin from Grand Lake. My Okie secretary already told me that I had to save the newspaper for her when I was done. LOL

I'll post pictures tonight, I promise, I just wanted David to know that his package arrived, everything is intact, and I love it. My staff had as much fun as I did opening that box and was duly impressed at your thoughtfulness. They have unanimously voted you "nice guy of the year"!

Annie

Comments (45)

• dedtired
    17 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Holey moley, that is one super duper package. David is a generous guy! An entire picnic basket?? Did it include ants?

Sounds like there is a lot of work getting done in your office, Annie. Uh huh.

You should go home NOW and post some pics.

Pam

• lori316
    17 years ago

Awww, that sounds like such a nice package. Who doesn't love a picnic...in the park or on the farm.

Annie, you make sure you share with the kids. LOL

• Related Discussions

It's all David's fault - LOL!! (david 5311)

Q

Comments (3)
    Another nursery David has mentioned in the past is Arrowhead Alpines, so I finally sent for their catalog. (For some reason, until I went to their website, I thought they didn't do mail order.) Miniscule print, but the best catalog I've pored over since H&H botanicals stopped theirs. If you can ignore the stupid, adolescent sex remarks of the owner/writer, you'll read about some terrific plants. Writer/owner refuses to give any zones at all, so you're on your own there too, but boy, those plants!
    ...See More

UPDATE: obf picnic basket swap cont/ 2

Q

Comments (46)
    It is New Years, My Birthday, The 4th of July and Christmas at my house today. I received my box from Anita, and Im just in awe over it. I hope I donÂt miss anything, and here is what she sent me! BRUGS: Milk and Honey Peaches and Cream BULBS 10 Allium Bulgaricum 10 Fritillara UVA Vulpis 10 Fritillaria Meleagris 30 Brodiac, Queen Fabiola DAYLILIES Chines Offerings Dearly Sweet Green Flutter PandoraÂs Box Pixy Deception ShelbyÂs Song (OMG, THE FAN IS HUGE!, and IÂm so thrilled to get it. Shelby has hit the five mark being in remission and this plant says it all!) Strawberry Candy Undercover Angel Vera Biaglo Winter Masquerade HOSTA "SUGAR AND CREAM" CHOCOLATE VINE SOLOMON SEAL PINAPPLE LILY CD-Flower Master Avon tea light and holder "All about Apples" Autumn scene puzzle Nice note cards and Envelopes Fan light If that wasnÂt enough she sent me an insulated lunch box with>>> Candy bars, Milky Way, Snickers, Twix, Tuna Medley with Sundried tomatoes & basil (yummy, hubby and I had these for lunch!) Pecan Pies (We had this with our coffee for dessert.) Capri Sun, Wild Cherry Lemonade on the Go ANITA, ANITA, ANITA, I don't know what to say, this box was incredible, and be sure that another box will be heading your way next week. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! LIFE IS GOOD! Annie
    ...See More

wanted: becky sent me 1 of 2 packages...roar!!!!

Q

Comments (32)
    ha ha Annie that one is about as good as my comment on your 'more pictures from Tennessee' thread heh heh I got the second package today - Boo saw that I like using paper plates for our outdoor grilling/dining because we have no dishwasher (yet) downstairs. Voila - pretty paper plates and napkins, perfect for company! Thanks for a wonderful packge, ET (evil twin)!
    ...See More

I'm going on a picnic! Thank you Panela.

Q

Comments (13)
    What a thoughtful swap package. I like the insulated bag! I've used a much less glamorous one from Sam's Club to bring home frozen foods. Nice to have a bag in the trunk in case you shop one place and have to stop another before going home. Have a good picnic in the garden and enjoy the fall - after the rain leaves Texas. Karen
    ...See More
  • mustangs81
    17 years ago

Annie, You have my permission to leave work early!! That and a $1 will get to a cup of coffee
    Well, I don't drink coffee so I don't know how much one costs.

• dlundin
    17 years ago

Lakeguy goes nuts when he does a swap. Lucky you, Annie! Looking forward to seeing the pictures. David, you are something else...

• TobyT
    17 years ago

I know from experience what a great swap partner David is. I smile every time I see the tea towels he sent that match my kitchen exactly because my DH wondered how David knew me so well!!
    Great theme David.
    Jane

• Lars
    17 years ago

I keep getting an image of Yogi Bear... TWO cookbooks!? Can't wait to see pix!

You're certainly lucky to have David as your partner, and I'm sure you'll enjoy those items for a long time. The bubble gun sounds really nice!

Lars

• craftyrn
    17 years ago

Well should wait for pictures but getting on here has been catch as catch can . Sounds like a delightful , fun swap box Annie . Love the theme -- handy to have everything together-- wonder what the cookbooks are ? Don't use that gun in the office -- it's for the Grands not your staff .

Good job David.
    Diane

• doucanoe
    17 years ago

Very cool theme, David! I can't wait to see pix of the "picnicware" and basket! And stuff FOR THE KIDS, too, how great is that?
    Annie, you must share with them, you know.....

Linda

• chase_gw
    17 years ago

I too know of David's extreme generosity! Listen up people, you need to think about paying Ann big money to get the "Big Guy" as your swapee.....always amazing!

Annie, you really do deserve it!

• sheshebop
    17 years ago

You are right that David is a "super-swapper!" And he is numerically challenged as well. Sounds like a great box, Annie.

• chancesmom
    17 years ago

Sounds delightful...LOL Pam, ants!

Looking forward to pix, and remember to share Annie.

Janet

• jessyf
    17 years ago

(pssst Annie...its good to be the swap spy! bwahahaha!)

• Carol Schmertzler Siegel
    17 years ago

Can't wait to see the pics! What a fun package! Nice going, David! Which cookbooks? Hey, Annie, can I borrow that bubble gun sometime?

• lakeguy35
    17 years ago

HUSH EJ!!

Annie glad to hear everyhting made it there okay. Your post beat my email confirmation for delivery that I still don't have yet. LOL! I had a great time putting this together for you and hope the basket comes in handy for the very few times you take a break from all that you do. Remember now, it's nice to share your toys!! Enjoy!!

David

• Gina_W
    17 years ago

Annie bogarding the grandkid's surcies, LOL!!

David, I use your huge margarita glasses all the time. Talk about a big heavy package - that one gave the UPS guy a hernia!

Enjoy your picnic Annie - and I mean it - take a couple days, go to the beach and have one - and take pictures to prove it to us!

• riverrat1
    17 years ago

Whoo Hoo, I was waiting to see who David was sending to! YAY, it's Annie. I agree Gina, I want to see pics of Annie at the beach with that basket. Can't wait to see pictures.

• wizardnm
    17 years ago

Annie, there's a message there.... something like, head west, don't pass by any place where work is involved! Just keep going west until you get to the big lake that looks like an ocean, pop up a tent and RELAX!
    Alternate idea... head north, your always welcome here!

David, that sounds like a wonderful swap package, full of things Annie will really enjoy.

Nancy

• bubbeskitchen
    17 years ago

Annie on a picnic, that's a picture in itself..do ya think she ever sits still?

David is such a sweetheart (except to the UPS guy, perhaps) I await the pictures eagerly.

Yeah for you Annie!

• teresa_nc7
    17 years ago

Oh, wow! What a cool swap package! You're meant to have fun, Annie! A bubble gun? Do ya think that is politically correct? LOL

Great choices, David!
    Teresa

• annie1992
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Share my toys. Hmmm. That's a concept I hadn't considered. LOL I guess.....

OK, my dial up and photobucket finally got the pictures loaded, so here they are, in the order David listed them, trying to make me believe there were five.

First, David giftwrapped everything very nicely. Unfortunately you won't see the before picture because I ripped everything open at work. Here's after. The paper kind of reminded me of water. Pretty appropriate, huh?

{{gwi:1464123}}

1. Picnic Basket. You can see that this is loaded, it has everything I need for a picnic, and there are leather straps (leather straps, Jessica!!) to hold the plates and glasses in place, plus napkins to match the lining of the basket. In a nice peaceful blue....

{{gwi:1464124}}

{{gwi:1464125}}

{{gwi:1464126}}

2. Picnic Blanket. (She thinks to herself "or whatever", it would fit nicely in the Jeep)

{{gwi:1464127}}

And unfolded:

{{gwi:1464129}}

3. A couple of cookbooks, one regional. The regional one is "Ben Jack Laredo's 165 year collection of recipes". The front says it has recipes from "inlaws, outlaws, and a couple of old grouches". LOL This should be fun.

The second cookbook is full of picnic recipes, what else? They both look like fun reading:

{{gwi:1464132}}

4. Local food stuff. This is great, I just had some of the artichoke salsa with chips for dinner and it was great, not too spicy and nicely tomato-ey. Hey, I'm an adult, I don't need a balanced diet! There is a sauce/marinade called Cherry B Gypsy and a bottle of Mole. I've only had mole once, and Ashley just loved it, so this is gonna be good. A jar of pickled asparagus and that great garlic mustard finished off this section.

{{gwi:1464133}}

5. Cool and refreshing things. This had some raspberry mist tea which I'm having right now as iced tea, very, very nice, although it is in the above pictures, and therefore I've put it into the wrong "section". The ice blankets for the picnic basket were in this assortment, along with the beach ball, the bubble gun, the Aqua wrap to keep me cool (or help me keep my cool with Dad) and the battery powered mister, it says it reduces temperatures by 30 degrees! Perfect, I hate the heat, as David noticed. Yeah, I'll share the toys. Sheesh. But I get to use that gun first!!

{{gwi:1464134}}

Finally, a Tulsa newspaper and a couple of magazines about Grand Lake. I'll read those later tonight, while my pressure cooker is working, canning those beans! I have a secretary from Oklahoma, she wants to read them when I'm done, so they'll be "recycled".

{{gwi:1464135}}

Thank you, David, for a wonderful swap box and all the time and thought you put into it. I'll try to take a break after Canning Camp, maybe go camping at the beach for a weekend with the kids and the WonderWeiner. I'll be sure to take pictures...

As for you, Jessica, I don't remember that one single thing I mentioned to you is in this package. LOL What a spy!!

Annie

• mustangs81
    17 years ago

That is awesome David! Should we hint to Annie that we should take it on one of our Canny Camop day trips?

• debbie814
    17 years ago

Annie, enjoy your beach picnic! Will you be buying a new bikini as well? David, what a great and fun theme. Enjoy!!

• dedtired
    17 years ago

That is one damn nice package! David you are very generous.

• Marigene
    17 years ago

David, what a great picnic theme; basket, dishes, eating utensils, blanket and food. Hey, maybe Jessy will share the hotdog man so you'll have something to use that mustard on! Enjoy it by taking a day off just for yourself, Annie.

• riverrat1
    17 years ago

This is a perfect swap box in my opnion! David you're the bestest!

Annie, I wish I could go to the beach with you. I know we would have fun...as long as there was a shower close by. I'll even get my own cooling off gun! LOL!

• Terri_PacNW
    17 years ago

WOW, WOW, WOW....As if the fully intact basket and the picnic blanket weren't a enough good stuff...he added even more!
    WAY TO GO DAVID!

• ann_t
    17 years ago

David, you sure know how to put together the perfect swap boxes. Annie, I can just see you and Makayla on a picnic using all of the wonderful things that David sent you.

Ann

• brenda55
    17 years ago

What a truly terrific picnic basket and swap box, David. WOW-ZERS, Annie...enjoy!

Brenda

• paulines
    17 years ago

Love the toys, David-lol The Ben Jack Laredo's Cookbook looks interesting. Really clever & useful swap theme and the picanic basket is pretty, Yogi!

Enjoy Annie!!!

• lakeguy35
    17 years ago

Annie, I'll share my toys if you share at camp....topless in the jeep would be the perfect addition! ROFL!! I hope those cuffs, whip, and leather make it through airport security and check points!! Bring that "blanket" too!! Lots of free time on Friday!! LOL!! Beaches, shoreline, and dunes oh my!!!

Oh, and Ms. Jessy is very good spy....the mole sauce(not regional... it was from CA if I remember right...snuck that one in...lol) and the mister thing was her idea. Thanks #9...um....EJ!

Gina, I've noticed those glasses in a post or two last time was the South American Dinner Party. May have to head West next year and have a few with you and the West Coast Gang!

Cathy, sounds good to me! I'm thinking those ice packs would cool down a couple of cheap beers and whatever!! LOL!

Again, this was great fun for me Annie!! I really love these swaps!!

I'll catch up with the rest of the great boxes received so far in the next day or two.....I'm way behind...work is crazy due to school and football season being right around the corner.

David

• granjan
    17 years ago

The basket and the blanket are wonderful. What an elegaant picnic you can have, I love them. And all those goodies as well. Another incredible package from a person who can't count!

• traceys
    17 years ago

You done good David. That's a great package. Everything is beautiful.

When are you heading to the beach Annie? I'd use the gun first too I love bubbles.

Enjoy!!

Tracey

• maggie2094
    17 years ago

Whew! Where to start? I now realize I need all of those things! The interior of the picnic "basket" (trunk?) is so pretty - looks like the tissue paper was similar.

I love the tea in the covered wagon - it's dahling! Oh man, inlaws/outlaws - that is funny. It is hot already here - I feel like wrapping myself up in one of those ice blankets.

Have fun, Annie. You give good swap, David!

• sburkhart
    17 years ago

WOW
    What an amazing goodie box. David great theme. You picked wonderful items. I know she'll enjoy them.

Stacey

• annie1992
    Original Author
    17 years ago

OK, David, if you share, I'll share. As for the whips and leather, I think those will be all right. Um...don't put the cuffs in your carry on bag or they'll ask you questions. (grin)

OK, Jessica got the mole right and I'll be using the mister this weekend, it's back in the high 90s here. I'll concede. This time. ;-)

Beaches and shoreline and dunes, oh my. And I have just the Jeep for the job! The only problem might be that I have the Wrangler, which is not known for cargo space. By the time I get my luggage, Katie's luggage and all the canning stuff in there, I might be too full for that picnic basket, it's HUGE. The pillow/blanket would fit though, and we'll see what else I have room for.

Thanks again, David, it was a perfect swap package and I love it, I'm having chips and salsa for breakfast while I wait for the *&^%$ satellite TV guy who will be here "sometime between 8 and noon". MmmHmmm. I wish I could do THAT scheduling, with a 4 hour window of arrival. Geez.

Annie

• blueiris24
    17 years ago

Very generous package, David! I love the basket and the blanket -- and artichoke salsa? Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Enjoy Annie!

• annie1992
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Oh yes, I AM enjoying everything. And don't think I won't hold David to that "beach date" either, it would be far preferable to shopping for me, I'd better dig out a swim suit. I usually swim in the pool in the middle of the night and don't need a suit, LOL.

Annie

• arabellamiller
    17 years ago

Awesome! What an amazing and beautiful swap package. Enjoy Miss Annie!

AM

• chase_gw
    17 years ago

WowieZowie !!!!!!!!!!

Annie there is only one bad thing about getting a swap from David.....Ann only let's it happen once!

• bubbeskitchen
    17 years ago

Avoiding the whips and other adult toys that conjure up images best left unseen...

David, That's a whopping of a basket; it is just as perfect as it could be. I keep scrolling up and down to see the pictures. I love the selection. The blanket is wonderful.

Annie, Honey, you need to find yourself a buddy (hint), and pack up some of those goodies and set under a tree a spell and learn some outlaw recipes.

What a kick I get out of these swaps, I get a vicarious thrill for everyone.

• annie1992
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Bubbe, I've kind of abandoned the thought of a "buddy".

The boss tells me that men are not attracted by independent and strong women, they want women they can take care of. Since I can take care of myself and the surrounding 5 states, I don't seem to attract a lot of, well, buddies. I'm told they're mostly afraid of me. They probably should be.

Heck, even David thinks he'll need a whip and cuffs!

Empress of the Universe (Annie)

• shaun
    17 years ago

Very cool theme! I liked that~

• kent4489
    17 years ago

Annie, wow, what a terrific bunch of gifts. I love it all! Have fun!
    David, oh my, you really know how to shop. Good going!

Jayne

• compumom
    17 years ago

David you did it again!! Annie, you're one lucky gal, I know because I was a past swappie of David's! You're going to love it all, especially that cool wrap that goes around your neck. I used to have one and if I could find it again it would sure be nice in this miserable weather!

• momto4kids
    17 years ago

Oh, Annie, this was one of the few I thought I had posted to while on vacation using my DStepFIL's dial-up. So sorry for the delay. A few on dial-up did me in until I returned home. Glad I checked your thread!!

I just love that picnic basket and the comfy looking blankets. Picnic cookbooks, always a favorite with me! The cool and refreshing items look fun. I always like local papers/mags; althouh, I typically forget to include them!!

Great package Annie! Enjoy it!!

Super box David!!