Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Part 2 is here!! Thank You Gina!

Posted by riverrat1 (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 28, 06 at 13:42

OK, some of you may or may not know that I had surgery two weeks ago. I feel so much better today because of my new friend that Gina sent me! Isn't he cute. She wrote in my wonderful card that she couldn't find a bear that had had a colon resection so this cute little guy would have to do. I love him. Yes, I decided this Gotta Get a Gund bear is a he. After all I will be sleeping with him.

Yes, DH and I love to sit on the porch with our morning coffee and contemplate our navels. We now have new Starbucks mugs to enjoy our coffee. I love them and they match my kitchen well!

Your caring written words make me proud to be your friend and you to be mine. Thank you Gina.

I'm still blown away by the support, caring and love I feel on this forum everyday. This is one example of why.

Gina, Thank you for this wonderful swap experience. It will not be one I soon forget.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Part 2 is here!! Thank You Gina!

Gina, how thoughtful of you - not to mention cute! Enjoy!

o

Oh, I love the little dude's cast and crutch! LOL

Great jugs....er, I mean mugs, too!

Linda

o

Oh that is adorable!

o

Oh man, sooo cute - enjoy the cuddley, Karen!

Gina, you are a genuine sweetie.

o

Gina, you are such a thoughtful friend to send river that little cuddle bear.

o

So cute, so sweet and thoughtful.

A care-bear to smile at and happy mugs of java.

Karen, how restricted is your post surgical diet?

If you get tired of contemplating your navel, I could loan you mine. :)

o

Renee, I'm two weeks and 3 days from surgery date. The first 4 days, I had this wonderful solution called Dextrose and Normal Saline plus some Potassium through an I.V. in the top of my wrist. Whoooweee! Let me tell ya cher' that was some good stuff! Then the next five days I had broth and jello. The next week I moved on to baked chicken, mashed potatos and that sort of thing. I'm now *almost* back to my normal diet. I haven't tried chips and salsa yet! I think I'll wait until next week to give my colon a workout!

I may need your navel soon ;-)

o

Now Gina what happened to the Antonio Banderas blow-up doll you said you bought for her? Did Odo get to it first?

o

Heck, if you get tired of your naval, we could all just rotate and you could stare at EVERYONE'S naval. Then again, that might not be such a good idea....

What a cute little bear. I'm glad to hear you are at least eating potatoes and chicken, I'd starve to death on that jello stuff. Ewwww.

Annie

o

I thought he was pretty darn cute too - so did Odo - he loves stuffed toys but he can't have them becauce he systematically kills and dismembers them, eyeballs, ears, noses, then limbs, then stuffing. Hate to see what he would do to a possum or gopher!

Hope you're back to eating tasty foods soon Karen.

Antonio Banderas? Too girly. I ordered a Clint Eastwood but he scared me so I sent him back!

o

LOL Gina! Does Odo know that you talk behind his back like that? Some little hunting dogs just don't know they're not supposed to kill something that was never alive in the first place! No mam...Odo with a possum or gopher would not be a pretty sight!

Cute bear and nice mugs! Hope you are back to chips and salsa in due time, River, in due time.....

Teresa

o

Great package, part deux. Surprised you didn't add a little band-aid in just the right spot. But a nice present for a nice girl. Hey, River, are you sure you want it to be a "he" bear? Just kiddin' ;)

o

What a sweet "Get Well" bear. What a thoughtful recovery gift, you always need cuddles after surgery!

o

The thoughtfulness of folks on this forum is just amazing. Gina, you are a gem. Glad to hear you're feeling better Karen!

o

Gina, what a sweetheart. The little bear is so cute and sure to make Karen feel better and I love the colour of the mugs.

Ann

o

Oh isn't he adorable ! What a nice thing to send Gina-- bet he really brought a smile to your face Karen .

o

Gina, That's very thoughtful of you.

Karen, Follow that bears orders and get well, then go have some coffee in those beautiful mugs.

Tracey

o

LOL Diana (dlundin)!!!

o

awwwwwww - that is so sweet! the mugs are pretty, too!

o

Karen, that little bear will surely make you feel better.

How thoughtful, Gina! Maybe Odo could come visit me in Texas, I have a possum that I wouldn't mind Odo taking care of, of course I wouldn't want to see it.

Very nice box!

o

Gina, that is so cute and thoughtful.

Karen, glad you are doing so well. Next week should really be a test for you.

Nancy

o

Way to go Gina!!

Glad to hear your feeling better Karen.

David

o

Very cute, Gina!! Karen, glad to hear you're well!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here