SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
traceyls

WANTED: All The Way From Iceland!!!

traceys
17 years ago

A big Thank You to Netla for a wonderful box filled with Icelandic goodies. It didn't take that long to get here either.

The catagories were:

Enjoy your coffee

Toppings for your bread

Satisfy your sweet tooth

Spice up your life

Try something new

First is a spice mix made in Iceland called The Spice of Life and it seems like it would be good on everything. She said to try it on grilled sandwiches and french fries. I can't wait. There is also Icelandic salt which is made from pure seawater that has been filtered thru the lava of Reykjanes near where she lives. It's actually low sodium. I can't wait to try it.

Next is a medium roast coffee with a hint of chocolate and vanilla my two favorite flavors. To go with the coffee is Icelandic Schnapps which is also known as "Black Death"(it's flavored with caraway seed). Her instructions for Happy Coffee are...Put a quarter in the bottom of a coffee cup pour in some schnapps and top with coffee.I'll definitely be trying that soon.

I'm now the proud owner of Icelandic chocolate. Well for a short time anyway. The packaging on the bar is beautiful. There is also Djupur which are pieces of licorice coated with milk chocolate and a thin shell of sugar. They are delicious. My son and I opened them before taking a picture. There is also RjomaKuhur which are chocolate coated caramels. We waited until after the picture to open those. They won't last long either.

I've also got wonderful toppings for my bread. Maybe I'll bake tonight. The first is Canadian Honey which is very popular there. Netla suggested mixing it with butter as a topping for bread. I would have never thought of that. On the homemade side I am the proud recepient of Orange Brandy Jelly with slices of kumquat made by Netla herself. Did you make the crocheted(sp?) tops on the jars too? They're beautiful. There is a honey spoon which can be used for honey or jam.

It is very cool.

There is a tiny triangular cheese grater which I was desperately needing since I broke mine awhile back.

An last but not least a cookbook called Cool Dishes with very interesting recipes. Right now I'm looking at Cocoa Soup. Can't wait to read the rest.

Thank you so much for a wonderful swap package. It is absolutely perfect! I can't wait to try everything.

Oh thanks for translating I was worried for just a minute.

Tracey

P.S. Pictures will be posted soon unless my daughter wakes up then it will be later.

Comments (38)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!