SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beachlilyfl

WANTED: Beautiful box from Spacific!!

beachlily z9a
12 years ago

The high point of this morning was the delivery of my swap box from Ann (Spacific). She wrote a lovely letter explaining her selections and carefully wrapped the gifts. Here is how they look:

The lovely hand made vase that is NOT waterproof is perfect! It comes from a local aquarium where Ann and her son volunteer. Ann doesn't know that I grow masses of daylilies, and daylilies do not need water after they are cut to bring into the house. I just wrapped the base of the stem in saran wrap to protect the vase. The color is a soft robin's egg blue, and because the vase was subject to a pit firing process, it looks like marble. The color works perfectly, Ann. She thought this all out!! Ann provided a flask of Penzy's vanilla so that I could put plant stems in the flask after the vanilla is consumed. Smart thinking!!

She also included two tea towels in the box--just my colors, with a marine flair, and oh so soft! I'm going to save them to use during breadmaking. You know, when the directions say cover the dough with a tea towel--now I have two towels to use. Great addition to my kitchen!

Just to fit the summer theme, there was a carefully wrapped User's Guide to Summer. It is a fun book that has great ideas and some good sounding recipes for summer fare.

Ann, thank you ever so much for this wonderful swap! Oh, oh, almost forgot. Tucked in there was a bouquet of lavender from her yard. I'm going to dry it and enjoy it cause lavender doesn't grow in FL--too humid!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Comments (15)