SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scott55405

WANTED: Wonderful, colorful package from the east!

scott55405
17 years ago

I received my delightful swap gift package today from Pauline! Thank you ever so much Pauline, what a wonderful and thoughtful gift.

The package covers both my interest in color, in retro, and has representations of a number of things from her area.

What's especially fun is she color-coded individually wrapped items in theme groups; we have orange (mid century modern) red (for pasta) lime green (summertime!) green (vintage kitchenware) and blue (New England (her area)) related! I took a picture before unwrapping everything because it looked so pretty that way! Then in her letter as she told me about the various things, she used ink in that color to match the wrapping!

Now for the items:

One of my favorites a "Wirax" toast rack, that holds toast points to set on the table. This will be especially fun with a stainless coffe service and tray set I have.

Then we have a lovely red bar set, bar shaker, ice bucket and bottle chiller/holder that will look handsome with my red motif!

A set of six glasses with liners. You put water in them, place the cone/lid inside, the water freezes around them, and you pour your drink in, and it's chilled around the outside rather than dropping cubes into the drink. What a cool idea and fun effect!

There is some clam chowder, which I love and haven't had in some time, a nice oregano infused olive oil, dried fire roasted tomatoes (never saw this before, sounds like a fun thing to try in different things!), some sweet onion antipasto dip, and a peach ginger grilling sauce/marinade. Last but certainly not least is a box of salt water taffy, another treat I have not had in a long time!

What fun this is, and how fun it is to be participating in the swap again. Thank you again Pauline for a most wonderful, colorful and delicious package!!

{{gwi:1463737}}

{{gwi:1463738}}

Comments (45)