SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
msafirstein

Karen (trixietx)....it's just wonderful

msafirstein
17 years ago

This is my first swap and I had so much fun buying for my Swap Partner but today when I opened Karen's box...well it could not have arrived at a better time and it was just perfect. She did an awesome job and I absolutely love everything.

Below is a copy of Karen's (trixietx) letter describing the box and my responses are in ()s.

Hi Michelle,

I had a very difficult time figuring out a theme for your swap package. I know you bought a new kitchenaid mixer in citron for when your kitchen is finished. I know you like to bake and read on one of your posts that you like to bake pies.

I thought I was on to a theme, citron in color and baking items. I ordered the le crueset pie dish in citrus. I got it in and it looked to gold, I looked on the internet again at your mixer and couldn't decide if the color was more yellow or green. So that shot the theme all to he**.

So I guess your theme is "Stuff in a box."

But it is categorized:

Homemade-in multi-color dot wrapping:

Wild Plum Jelly-The plums grow wild and are so tart, but make good jelly.

Squash-Zucchini Relish-Squash and Zucchini from my garden

Apricot-Jalapeno Jelly-Jalapenos and peppers from my garden

I live in the Texas panhandle in a small town and we don't have access to T.J's or Penzy's and I always feel a little bad for my partner. I wish I could send some of the cool food items, but I have to rely on homemade.

(I LOVE homemade, homemade anything, and have not had homemade jelly since I was a kid and my Mom would make strawberry jam every year! I am so thrilled that you sent me not just 1 homemade jelly BUT THREE different kinds!! DH was home when I opened the box and the first thing he said was "You're getting bagels on Friday, right?" We are both looking forward to a wonderful weekend of homemade jelly and bagels and I even bought a new coffee today to go along with the treats! I can't wait for Sunday morning when I can sleep in and wake up to homemade jelly and bagels! Thank you so much for these, I am rather humbled that you would send me so much that took you so long to grow and prepare and I appreciate it more then I could ever tell you in words.)

For the kitchen-in lilac ribbon

2 high heat spatulas-I just love these and thought maybe you would too if you don't already have some and if you are like me I can always use more. I don't like the ones with the wooden handles because I like to put them in the dishwasher.

Microfiber kitchen towels and washcloth-Another of my favorites

Method Cucumber dishwashing liquid-I order this for myself and I love it, so I ordered some for you.

(I think you may be a bit telepathic as I was just looking at spatulas the other day! And I am in desperate need of new ones too. I have never seen High Heat Spatulas before and can't wait to try them out!! The microfiber cloths are my favorites but I have not seen the kitchen towels or washcoths before, so these could not be more appreciated especially due to the remodel dust that is never ending! I like Method laundry detergent but had not seen the dishwashing liquid before. It smells heavenly and I love the shape of the bottle!)

For your new baking center-in yellow wrapping:

Pie beads-Again, something I like and use a lot. I make a lot of cream pies and they sure help the crust from shrinking while it is baking.

Madagascar Vanilla-I hope it is good, I have never used it, but it is supposed to be.

Le Creuset pie dish-As you know.

(Pie beads....OMG, another thing I was just looking at. YOU ARE TELEPATHIC! Another too fun toy that I know work well as I remember my Aunt using them and she made the best pie crust ever!!! :)) I am so picky about my vanilla that DH makes fun of me, so the Madagascar Vanilla is just too lusious for words and the smell is delightful. I can't wait to make my Cream Cheese Cookies with this!!! The Le Creuset Pie Dish is beautiful and I love the color and can't think of any pie that would not look...oh so much better in this dish! It is gorgeous and I think I might make a pie this weekend! Maybe a Cocoanut Cream pie and then I can try out the vanilla too!)

I have enjoyed shopping for you and I hope you can use what I sent. I am sorry to be among the last in sending my package, I have just been so undecided.

Hope your remodel is going as planned, it sounds like your kitchen is going to be just perfect. I know you must be excited and anxious.

Your CF swap partner,

Karen (trixietx)

(Your package came just at the right time for me. When the USPS truck arrived today, I was standing in my driveway taking pictures of the construction process. When the mailman handed me the packages, I have to admit I was a bit confused. Due to our extensive remodel, I get packages almost daily but was not expecting anything this week, hadn't bought anything on Ebay recently, doorknobs are not due until next week, kitchen sink is still on backorder.....so what is this anyway???? I brought the packages into the house and then it dawned on me just what it was....LOL! As I said DH was there and watched as I opened everything up and he even ran for the camera to get pictures of everything. I love everything and you could not have done a better job on a swap box for me. I am thrilled, absolutely THRILLED!

Thank you so much for making my day!!)

Michelle

I posted the pictures of Karen's Box at the link below and they are in the Summer Swap Folder. Please excuse the background in the pictures. Due to the remodel we are camped out in the basement now and there was not much choice in a nice layout for the pictures (notice the stack of newspapers for packing in the background....UGH!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Karen's Swap Box

Comments (38)