SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dgkritch

WANTED: Thank you Lars........again!!

dgkritch
12 years ago

First an explanation. I posted photos of my swap box and did something stupid. One of them showed my full address.

Several here on the forum were on top of it and watching out for me........THANK YOU...You KNOW who you are!!

The post was removed (to protect the dingy..LOL).

It really does take a village........

I had saved the original post and am reposting below, but I don't have the first few responses.

Thank you Redoux:

I picked up the mail on my way out today and there was a box from Lars!

I had to WAIT! To open it until I got home.

Under a layer of bubbles I see bright packages and a letter:

A beautifully written letter from Lars describing all of his thought process in selecting gifts. Every one is just perfect.

First, there are Meyer Lemons from his backyard tree. Each individually wrapped and tucked into a bright, sunny yellow bag! The whole thing had such a wonderful lemon scent when I opened it. There�s a recipe for Shaker Lemon Pie too. Lemon pie (usually Lemon Meringue) is one of my favorites. I don�t like the meringue. This pie has macerated lemons and eggs. Yep, that�s it: crust, lemons, sugar, eggs. It sounds sooooo good and I can�t wait to try it. It�s as if you knew lemon was my favorite, Lars!!

Next is an awesome Japanese Mandolin with a DVD of Martha Stewart making a Crab Salad with the mandoline. I haven�t watched it yet, but I love crab (and have access to very fresh Dungeness). I�m watching the video as soon as I�m finished posting this.

Lars, you had no way of knowing that I donated my last (cheapo) mandoline to St. Vinnie�s and have kicked myself since. Many, many times I�ve wished I had one. The cheapo was frustrating so I didn�t use it. I am anxious to try this one since you have had good results.

Lastly a fantastic cookbook (perfect for me, Lars). It has stories, history and recipes from Texas and is called Texas Cowboy Cookbook. I love to read and especially love cookbooks that combine history and stories about the area or recipes. This will be like a novel with recipes tucked in for me. I grew up pretty country�.my horse got me to friends� houses, to the little local convenience store (very, very little). Yes, they allowed us to tie the horse outside while we shopped. My brother still team ropes.

And���to add to the perfection���..I�m hosting a family reunion at my house in August and will have somewhere between 15-50 here��

Our theme??? Western. Wanted Poster photos, BBQ pork, lemonade, iced tea, hay bales, horseshoes and cow pie golf (i.e Frisbee golf with a paint job�.hee hee).

I�m certain there�ll be a recipe or five from the cookbook.

The whole shebang!

Lars, thank you so much! There was no reason to second guess your choices, everything is perfect!! It�s almost as if you had some connection other than what I�ve posted.

You can be my swap partner ANY time!

Deanna

Comments (18)