Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: have: wonderful (delicious) perfect box from teresa_nc

Posted by sooz (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 30, 11 at 23:28

How totally awesome is this? Teresa_nc7 must be sharing my DNA or somthing as she sent me the most perfect swap package! I got home close to dusk tonight and saw a box waiting for me so I quickly opened it. Inside I found a lovely little personal note from my swap buddy, Teresa! She packaged everything so nicely and labeled two of the packages so I'd know they are a set. (I seem to have problems with "what is a set" -- LOL)

Photobucket

I opened the first package and found a book of recipes titled Homemade Ice Cream! The whole title was The Complete Idiot's Guide to Homemade Ice Cream lol and the photo on the cover sure pulled me in--the book is chock full of wonderful recipes! The book starts out with a little bit of ice cream history, and then it's organized by different flavors, other frozen delights, toppings, classic desserts & making your own waffle cones, and drinks made with ice cream (not the least of which are sodas, milkshakes, floats and malts...and specialty drinks with "spirits" and smoothies. A perfect book for me!

The second package was labeled "a set" and this set had three items in it. I found two delightfully delicious toppings from Sanders! One was Butterscotch Caramel and one was Dark Chocolate Peppermint Pattie. I haven't had anything from Sanders in YEARS because my neighbor from Michigan moved away! But wait, I'm not finished! Also tucked into this "set" was a jar of Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Sauce from Stonewall Kitchen. (swooning here too!) I don't have any Sanders stuff or Stonewall Kitchen items around here so I am especially delighted and thrilled! Oh my goodness *oh my goodness* OH MY GOODNESS!!!

But wait! There's more as Teresa outdid herself with the packaged labeled "another set." Opening this package, I found two boxes. I could hardly wait! Therein were the most darling matched set of an ice cream scoop and ice cream "spreader", topping drizzler (?), both with handles in the shape of a waffle cone that has strawberry ice cream scooped on top. What darling, whimsical and very useful cuuuute items!!!

I am one lucky swap person, I tell ya! Many MANY thanks to you, Teresa, for the wonderful and thoughtful swap treasures--it's like it's my birthday!! What *perfect* choices! Teresa, thank you so much!

Wanna see? I know you've all been waiting!

Here they are!

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
sorry! should have read have...have wonderful (delicious) perfect

Sorry! Ummm, could someone erase the WANTED and substitute the word HAVE in this post subject?

I guess I got all excited! Can you guess what I'm going to do now? YES!

Smiles,
Sooz

o
wonderful (delicious) perfect box from teresa_nc

Now that Swap box truly says Summer!!!

I'm sure you'll enjoy your gifts Sooz... I think the ice cream spreader is for making an ice cream roll up cake...

Good job Teresa!! BTW, what happened to the Milk Chocolate Hot Fudge? lol

Rita

Only on my own reply...

o
RE: WANTED: have: wonderful (delicious) perfect box from teres

Sooz, I'm so glad to know the box arrived safely and that you like everything! I had fun picking out the items for you. The spreader was the last one on the shelf so I thought it should accompany the scooper. You can use it to spread ice cream on a cookie?

Teresa

o

What a GREAT swap box! I LOVE the summer theme! YAY Ice cream! the scoop and spreader are cute, and AHHH there are both local Sanders lovers (DH grew up in Redford and Novi MI) and Stonewall Kitchen Geeks (a few summers in Maine with a must-stop at the Stonewall Kitchen store in York) in this household. DH makes homemade ice creams, and I know he'd LOVE that cookbook. (Ok I'd probably love that cookbook, since I'd be consuming the product!)

Great job T! Sooz, how fun for your first swap!!!

o

That package is so cool! Great swap box!

o

Dark chocolate sea salt caramel???Woooo!!
Lovely box!!
Linda C

o

Very nice. I can just imagine how good that Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel Sauce must me. Has my mouth watering just at the thought of it. I would have opened all three jars and had a taste.

Cute ice cream scoops.

Well done Teresa. Enjoy Sooz.

Ann

o

That's a party in a box!
Very cute theme and well chosen gifts.
Enjoy them all!!

Very nice, Teresa!

Deanna

o

Teresa, what a wonderful summer swap box! The scoops are so cute and the dark chocolate sea salt caramel sauce would be hidden from my family!

Sooz, I can hardly wait to see what ice cream you whip up!

Another nice nice package!

o

Teresa always puts together a wonderful swap box. I had her for a partner a few swaps ago. I still use the sandwich plates she got me, almost everyday.

Sanders Ice Cream toppings are great. The Sanders Co. was a Detroit institution for many years. The were a lunch and ice cream counter type mall store that also sold their own bakery and ice cream toppings. I was so sorry to see them close up the stores but glad that they continued to sell the toppings.

Good job Teresa!!!!!!

Nancy

o

The book looks really fun and what could be better than dark chocolate and caramel combos. I hope you share pictures of what you make from the book to scoop into dishes or spread on cookies. Yum, the potential for great ice cream sandwiches is endless.

Lee

o

It has been hot here so I have been lusting after these type of items. Also, I've perused the 'Idiot' and 'Dummies' books and have found them anything but that. Good resources! Enjoy and keep cool!

o

Yum! That looks fantastic! What an inspiration, (and I would think that techincally it's all ONE set, "Icecream stuff" :-) )

o

That's a great summer swap box. I'm inspired...I have a fab recipe for chocolate sauce. Wonder how it would turn out with dark chocolate and sea salt.

Love the recipe book to and the scooper and spreader are just adorable.

o

Nice theme, Teresa. The sauces look wonderful and the tools are adorable. I bet there's lots of great stuff in that book, too.

o

Hmmmmmm...a banana, some nuts and you'll have a party! Love the ice cream theme! -maria

o

Being a Michigan girl, I love that Sanders topping! It all looks really yummy though, and Teresa got it just right, I think, what a delicious box.

Annie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here