Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anyone else DONE?

Posted by goldgirl (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 25, 06 at 22:48

My swap box is packed and going out tomorrow :) We're closing on our future house in a few weeks (not moving until August), so I knew from the get-go that I'd have to complete my package early. I had so much fun shopping for my partner!

Had two funny things happen during the process. I was searching for a particular item that I knew would be a little difficult to find. I went to four different stores, and finally resigned myself to ordering online, where the shipping would be more than the item itself. I stopped to pick up a pizza for dinner, and needed to kill some time. So, I happened to check out a store next door. And guess what? There it was!!!!

On the other hand, after I had everything assembled to pack, I took a little break to check email. I was typing away, and suddenly noticed an odd noise. Turned around to find my 12-yr old Golden helping herself to one of the gifts! So, off to the store to pick up a replacement LOL!

So how's everyone else doing?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anyone else DONE?

ARRRGGGHH...haven't hardly even started

o

Me neither. Show-off!

:-)

o

Done? Um....no. I do think I have a theme, finally, though. (grin) Besides "stuff in a box".

Annie

o

I'll be done when the item I'm getting from eBay arrives from England - it's shipping via air, and so that should not be a problem.

Lars

o

Done? What are you crazy :) I haven't started. I can't seem to get out of the house. I don't have a theme either.

Tracey

o

LOL! NO!

o

Done??? I don't even know where to begin. LOL

I'm sure eventually things will click and all come together, but so far, I'm at a loss.

o

Me neither. I'm going to get to it this week. At least I'm going to begin this week.

o

I'm about half way there. I'll have to put the project on hold for now. Work is nuts -- the sh!t seems to be hitting the fan and i see some late nights coming up. My son is coming to visit over the Fourth weekend, so that will take up any time then, although I'll keep my eyes peeled for any goodies while i'm out with him.

Theme?? I think I will shop first, then look at what i've bought and see what theme it all suggests.

I am having fun with this!

Pam

o

Not quite done, still waiting to see if I can get one special item.

I have no theme, except I'm trying to keep it summery.

o

Hey, I've got a theme! Whoo Hoo!

o

Count me as another who has not even started! I thought I had a great idea for a theme but upon closer examination I don't think it's going to work so it's back to the drawing board! Eeeeek!

o

Yes, for a change a theme came easily to mind and I shopped on vacation last week. Hope to get the box off this afternoon. It will be going west (I think that covers almost everyone) After it arrives and I can stop worrying about breakage I can sit back and relax and read all the posts about everyone's great package while keeping an eye out the window for the delivery man.
Linda

o

Awwww, I didn't mean to make everyone stress! I'm usually the one rushing around at the last minute for any kind of gift giving LOL.

Just sent my package 2-Day Priority Mail, so *someone* should receive it Wednesday!! Now I'll be on pins & needles worrying that it arrives intact.

o

Ummm, Goldgirl, would that *someone* live to the north and kind of east of you, BAC?

I'm waiting for one more item and then it's wrap & ship!!!

o

It's in the mail. Like Goldgirl's it should arrive Wednesday.
Linda

o

I'm very close, but hope I can get it all together in some sort of a theme. As usual, I found things for me while I was shopping too! I tried to be good though!

~finally

o

Done? In the mail?? Phhhffffflllllttttt...

o

I have a couple of things together. Shopping today for specific items. Still no real theme...not really sure how to pull them together.

o

I am almost done. Have everything bought, but still in the process of making one item, then it'll be ready. Well, I HAD a theme, but things quickly changed once I started shopping. So I will make up a new theme to go with the items I chose!

Linda

o

I came up with a theme...but of course I cheated and used "poetic license." I have most of it now, and some on order, and the final piece I will buy on vacation. So, mine won't ship until I get back the week of July 9. Then I will be shipping it south, or east,,,)or is it north??? I hate being directionally challenged).

o

Getting closer, this is really fun! Hope by the end of the week I'll mail. I have one thing in mind that goes with my theme and am still looking.

Brenda

o

All I can say is that we must have a large number of first borns on this forum!

Oh forgot, I'm a first born.......and I haven't even started! Been mulling over the theme, think I have one now. So next week I'll start shopping in dead ernest..... poor ernest.

o

I think I finished today! Theme is not real strong, but kind of a theme. (Sorry partner, I'm not very creative.) Now, I need to work on wrapping it and getting it mailed before I leave for vacation. Of course, I managed to find some things for myself and even a surprise surcie for someone!

Sharon...what does that mean about being a first born? I'm the baby...three older sisters!

o

Sharon, I'm a third born. I have one more phone call to make and I'm all done - just waiting for the items to arrive. Figures I don't fit the mold.

The hard part for me is wrapping, packing, and writing the letter!

o

I'm finished!! Have you ever had one of those days that you hit right on with shopping! I'm soooo pumped. I'm gonna wait to mail off for another week just in case I see something else!

o

I'm the over achieving middle kid and I'm not done, but I DO have a theme, I'm waiting for an item to arrive in the mail, I need to make another. I know exactly what's going in, so I'm further ahead than I usually am with my "stuff in a box" theme. (grin)

Annie

o

I'm having fun, but then I always do...I love these swaps.

Theme? Guess I'll think of something that fits what I've bought... LOL

Nancy

o

Had a theme, threw it out, have another, may modify that one . . . can it be the neverendingthemeboxswap?

Susan

o

A box left Indiana today. "Someone", be on the lookout for the brown shorts guy on Wednesday. I'm trying not to stress because my theme is weak, but hope my partner likes it anyway. :-)

Jayne

P.S... glad I delayed leaving for vacation and was able to get this mailed. Leaving tomorrow!

o

Jayne, Ha, ha, ha, you haven't seen weak themes until you see mine. But, it has gotten me moving in the right direction.

Have a great trip down here.

Nancy, That's what I did. I kept looking at what I had thus far and the theme, weak as it is, fell into place.

o

Cathy...no, no...you forget...I KNOW how creative you are! I'm looking forward to getting down there...it's been awhile. A short trip, so the time will go too fast. I waited so Kitty and I could fly down with Greg tomorrow...now he can't get away and will have to come later.

o

Yahoooo! Mine's gone! Whew! It's going....

....nah, gotta wait for it!

o

I've actually bought ONE item!! Wheeeeeee!!!!

I always have to have some kind of theme because it's what guides me as to what to buy! Otherwise I either stand in the stores agonizing over if something is right or I buy everything in sight!

So, I'm now with-theme and I have my first item plus a good idea of what the other items will be. We're moving now, folks! Hope to have this done and sent out early the week after next.

o

I thought I was done. I spent a good part of yesterday shopping for swap items. Last night I sat the items out for the effect and realized two things:
  • I have way more than 5 items
  • I have too many of one category (chocolate) and the theme isn't candy/chocolate. I know that you can't have too much chocolate, but it detracts from the theme.

Back to the store.

Jayne, Thanks for the vote of confidence. I hope you and Kittie made it down okay. It's very hot--96 yesterday--Kittie might not like sunning on the lanai.

•  o

I picked up the last item today and UPS made a deliver yesterday.... SO I AM ALL SET! Will package it up tomorrow and shipping it off to the WEST COAST the first of the week!

My Theme is "Tasty Chillin and Grillin"

I too have way more than 5 items. I just found several great deals. I don't think my partner will mind? This is my first swap and I had a ball researching this person.

I am so hoping to be worthy of the next one too???

Stacey

o

DONE! Just have to write a little note. 'The note' is something I usually get a bit hung up on. I always feel silly saying-"it's meeee, your partner". Curious if anyone else feels this way?

My package should be shipping out on Monday ~ I'll be on pins & needles all next week-lol

o

I'm way behind, but woohoo my Internet order arrived today and it's perfect. I did a bit of research (lookin' around) today and may be going back for some stuff. It depends what I find elsewhere.

o

My eBay item arrived sooner than I expected (only three days from England [Isle of Wight, wherever that is]), but I didn't finish shopping until today. Now I have to get the packaging in order. I have a minor theme in mine, although it might not be obvious. I finished my shopping at Surfa's, which is where I started, not counting eBay. What I bought is not on their website.

Lars

o

Haven't started..by I plan to have to have it finished up by my birthday.

I have some ideas, but I need the time to go shopping.....

o

I've got a good start. Not done. Planning on embelishing tomorrow, DH and DS will be going off for the day. That means I have a quiet house! Now, what else could I get into?

Susan

o

I am done today!!! We spent this past week in Maine so need I say that most of my shopping was done there?...we stopped by Stonewall Kitchen's company store and cafe in York, ME - went to http://www.lenlibby.com/lenny.htm to see the life-size chocolate moose...and it is really BIG. Ok, enough hints! I will wrap and package and get it off by Friday....-maria

Here is a link that might be useful: Stonewall Kitchen

o

I'm DONE!! I'm DONE!! Now I just have to find a box that will work and wrap everything and send. I should have this baby off by Monday at the latest. Whooopppeeeeeee!!!!!

o

I mailed mine this afetnooooon! It really feels good for that package to be off! I hope you like it!!!!!

o

Does being done in my head count! I have everything picked out, and ordered, just got to get there and get it. Order should be in this week. Hopefully off this weekend, but IF, I said IF my package is going to the USA, shipping may take a while.

janet

o

I just purchased my first item today. I haven't been able to get out shopping because of all the flooding here. I hope to head out to one of my favorite places Friday. I think I have a theme unless I change my mind again.

Tracey

o

I only came up with my theme a couple of days ago, and I've been making things the past two days, and am now complete with the homemade items. I'm being a bit frugal by making things, but I had no trouble in getting past the minimum with a few of the items that I bought.

Now, to write the note describing my theme!

Lars

o

Jimminy, I am not stressing, but I haven't pulled it together yet. I have one item on order which should be here next week. Once DGS's b'day is over I'll be able to concentrate more on the swap. Let's just say I'm in the creative gathering stage. The crystalizing phase comes next. Followed by the get it done and in the dang box stage.

Bubbe

o

ROFL!! Noooooooooooo!

David

o

When I got my swapper I immediately came up with 2 great themes. The trouble was which to use.
    So on a whim I looked at the info I gathered about my swapper and gasped that theme number one would NOT fly!!

Thank heavens I haden't started yet!!

As of today I have mine about half done.
    Should be done by end of next week and ship the next week.

I encountered a hiccup during shopping....the restaurant supply shoppe I generally shop at, isn't open to the public anymore!! I put in a call to DB Stephen to get his merchant number but he said his place does not use this supplier anymore. DRATS!!!

Its ok because I am finding great stuff at other places so no worries. I love a good hunt!! LOL!!

Happy shopping!
    Cheers!
    Susie

o

Oh boy! Still in need of the right sized box! -maria

o

Not done but well on my way. Trouble is I keep seeing things that would work really well with the theme....so gotta just buckle down and choose.

o

Just got my box all packed and wrapped and ready to go! It will be on it's way tonight. All I will say is it is heading somewhere in CF land! Jayne you think your theme is weak, wait'll ya see mine! It's not even as good as Annie's "stuff in a box"! LOL
    Oh well, hopefully my partner won't mind my "themelessness"!

linda

o

I don't mind themlessness, but my theme is pretty whimsical. I sent my package off this morning - hope my partner has a good sense of humor - the note I wrote is a little bit on the silly side. I trust partner will take it in the spirit in which it was written; i.e. with tongue in cheek. I followed Jessy's rule and had fun with it. There are two notes enclosed - a whimsical introduction and then an even more whimsical packing slip. I did include some serious items, however.

Lars

o

Shipped mine today! Will arrive next Thursday. It took me forever to get it all packed carefully.

o

Braggarts!

I just found a couple of items that could derail my theme...or create one. :)
    Hint: some items are roundish oval square, some sharp, smooth, familiar and strange. I do have the right size box; I chose it first! Lalalalalalalalala.........

o

I started today.........

o

I was suppose to ship on Monday, weeell, it went out today. On Thursday someone should be getting a visit from the man in the cute shorts!

o

Took mine to Mailboxes + last night, but I missed the pick up by about a half hour. So it will be on it's way today and should arrive at it's destination next Friday.

Linda

o

oh you first born over achievers!! Oh wait that would be me......this weekend it's done! These swaps make me crazy not sure which I love more, the suprise of what is sent to me or the nerve racking of the parcel I sent.

This swap has been a lot of fun for me!

o

Did the final shopping last night, made a "packing list" (hee, hee), took a pic (just in case), and now I just have to pack it up and write a little letter.

My theme is "Categories-in-a-Box" - HA! And it's going West and North - which leaves the destination wide open!

Teresa

o

I think I'm done shopping! Only half the things fit the theme but that's more than I thought were going to. Started buying in desperation cuz couldn't find stuff to fit theme. And partner you were little help! Lots of posts but little personal revelation!

And the box is going to be a problem. Will work on it next week and get it sent off.

o

I sent my box out this passed Wednesday! You know what? I am so excited for my swap buddy to get her/his box! I really hit some GREAT sales! I hope I didn't over do it.....;-)This was a fun swap to do, I had a great time and loads of fun.

o

I'm getting closer! Just got back from TJ's. I printed out the Lust List and took it with me. You could go crazy in that place. "one for me, one for you, one for me, one for you."

o

I was so looking forward to buying for my swap mate! I was done 2 wks ago, but have to wait until vacation is ended to mail it.

o

I'm done. Now all I need to do is to borrow a digital camera (the one I have is misbehaving and refuses to focus), write the letter and figure out how to send glass items between continents without it making a mess if they break.

o

I am impatiently waiting for 2 items to be shipped, but the rest is wrapped and packed. Hoping I was going to get it out Monday, but now looks like Tuesday at the earliest.

janet

o

The second item I was waiting for arrived yesterday. I can't manage to get to Grand Rapids before Thursday, I'll pick up the rest then. Hopefully, I can pack on Friday and ship by next Monday.

Plus, I HAVE A THEME!!!

Annie

o

Okay, so I see I posted on June 27 that I was still looking for one item to tie my theme together to get in the mail. It's now several weeks later, and I still haven't found that one item. Then I figured okay, if I can only find something "like" that item, will be good. He!!, I live in SA, a Mexican food mecca, what is up with this. I knew I was in trouble when I was at Central Market looking and the "Foodie" in charge there told me to try Pottery Barn. Now, I like Pottery Barn, don't get me wrong, but for what I was looking for...give me a break. So (grin) after my trip to pottery barn, we now have a new theme. I have enjoyed shopping for you partner, but I'll keep looking for "it" long after this is over, cuz I know you like "it."

Brenda

o

The package has left the building!! Yup, it's on its way to..... well, I can't say but it should arrive in 5 - 7 days. Yeeha!

o

OK, my buddy needs to check his/her door! The box is delivered!!! Whoo hoo! I hope nothing is broken.

o

few more things purchased today....
    Still need a few key ingredients!!! to cinch the deal.

o

Well, I am still waiting for the final item. My neighbors picked it up from my porch while I was on vacation...then they proceeded to go on vacation so I can't get the final item until they are home...aaarrrggghhh

o

Okay, I found a box to put the "stuff" in. I'm going to have to buy more "stuff" because the box is kinda big.

One of the gifts will be a lot of crunched up newspapers!

It goes tomorrow or Thursday, I think.

o

I will hopefully remember to buy the right size box after work today, so mine should be off tomorrow.

o

Annie I was SO looking forward to 'Stuff in a Box'. I swear I'm going to do that next time!

o

I think the "Stuff" is going to be me, as I can't think of any theme that encompasses the items I got. Actually I think I always do "Stuff"!

o

PHEW!!!!!!!!!!Mine went out today at noon, south. UPS guy says it should be delivered within 7 business days, so that is next Thursday. WHoo hoo, now I can continue to check my front door without feeling guilty!

janet

o

Jessica, so many people have taken over my duties as the official "stuff in a box" sender that I've almost felt I had to have an alternative theme. LOL

Really, I have a theme, plus one item that doesn't fit, but still, it resembles a theme. Kind of.....

Annie

o

I did it! I am done! I got really lucky while shopping this afternoon. Woo hoo. Oh wait, I still have to pack it, write a letter and mail it. Not done.

I MIGHT even have a theme.

Pam

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
    • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
    • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
    • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
    • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
    • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
    • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
    • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here