SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
colleenoz

WANTED: I've got a parcel :-)

colleenoz
12 years ago

Sorry, it's taken a couple of days to organise the photos for this- I've never done it before :-) See, the Cooking Forum, making me learn new skills all the time :-D

I came home from working in Perth to find a large parcel sitting on the hall table (which DH, in typical man-fashion, totally forgot to mention :-) ) Woo hoo! I thought. Let the fun begin!

I always drag out present opening, it prolongs the fun (and drives family nuts ;-) ). So this parcel was perfectly wrapped for me, with three little boxes all numbered and a "Read this first" letter :-)

First as instructed, I read the letter. This was on a note card with a picture hand drawn by my swap partner, coconut-nj. How talented is that? It described the items in mysterious terms and gave the reasons for her choices. It's nice to get a letter, so rare these days.

Box #1. Ah! a Rachel Ray bench scraper. I've been meaning to get a bench scraper for ages as I make pastry and bread fairly often and this one also doubles as a scoop for transferring large amounts of stuff from, say, cutting board to pot. Score!

Box #2. Some colourful anodised aluminium beakers for using on the new deck when it's finished. They remind me so much of childhood picnics :-) Cool choice. Also some little sweat bands for glasses, how clever! Never seen anything like them, can't wait to use them. Yay!

Box #3. Large size fancy plastic glasses for the deck, another good idea as I love large glasses of iced tea in the summer. And all unbreakable so if accidentally dropped I don't have to wave bye-bye on the way down :-)

A very thoughtful and well chosen gift, thank you so much, Coconut!

Here is a link that might be useful: Pictures! We want pictures!

Comments (20)

Sponsored
ANF Kitchen & Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Innovative & Creative Kitchen & Bath Designers Servicing VA