Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: I know I'm not the last one...

Posted by spacific (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 22, 11 at 22:19

It's getting close to the end, but I finally found what I hope is the perfect gift for my swap partner. If you haven't gotten your package yet, keep watch, one is on its way.

Ann

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: I know I'm not the last one...

I know you aren`t the last.

I haven`t shipped yet either. In fact our Canadian Postal Service is on strike. The government is threatening to legislate them back to work. But it might be next week before I get to mail my box.

Ann

o
I know I'm not the last one...

I shipped today also, and so maybe our packages will be delivered at the same time. My package is far from perfect this time, and so I'm hoping my partner will have a good sense of humor, if nothing else!

Lars

o

I've been away so my parcel will be posted on Monday. So, if you haven't got yours yet, don't despair, it's coming! :-)

o

I got mine mailed last Friday, and I'm hoping it gets there in one piece, without too much delay, and my swap partner enjoys it! Oh, the stress!!

I struggled to stay within the "three" guideline and it feels very unsubstantial!! :-) I finally gave up on the "wow" factor, the "perfect" gift and went for something regional (that doesn't give much away!!) and a bit of summer that I thought was low risk for breakage (no bean pots this swap). As Colleen says, if you haven't gotten yours yet don't despair! (mine is in the crowd at the end!)

o

I'm glad I'm in such good company! Good thing you give us plenty of time for these swaps, Ann.

o

My gifts are purchased, just need to find the time to box everything up and mail it out. I will ship by the deadline, I promise! LOL!

Teresa

o

My box is ready - am in process of writing note...then it will go tomorrow morning.... -maria

o

I'm actually glad that our postal service is on strike. Since I still had a little time I decided on a third item and it is being made for my partner by one of our local textile/weaving artists.

I might have to ship via UPS if our postal service isn't back to work next week.

Ann

o

Mine got delivered this morning (according to USPS), and I'm glad because it contained semi-perishables! I'll check back tomorrow to make sure it arrived okay, but really nothing was breakable.

Ann, I remember threats of liquor strikes in Canada when I was visiting Vancouver, but everyone bought out all the inventory in the liquor stores in fear of the strike, and then the strike got called off! I think I remember postal strikes also. I was in New Orleans during Mardi Gras for a police strike, and that was pretty dramatic.

Lars

o

Mine hasn't been mailed either.
I could be last. Maybe.
We'll see.

Deanna

o

Mine went a couple of days ago, sent airmail so it shouldn't be long! Now all you who haven't got your parcel yet will be wondering ;-)

o

I have my box ready to mail but I'm going to hold off mailing until either Monday or Tuesday next week. Our striking Canadian Postal workers are now back to work but they are slow in getting caught up. I don't want my box caught in the backlog.

Ann

o

Wellll.. mine went almost 3 weeks ago... but my partner finally got it.. LOL.. phew! My post office lied. It went airmail too for all the good it does. Grins. I'm just glad it arrived in good shape and was liked.

o

I'm going today to the post office!
A

o

Mine is packed up and ready to go! Maybe today I can get it to FedX...

o

OK... the package is heading east! If you live east of me and haven't yet received your swap package... maybe as early as Saturday?!

Ann

o

My box went out yesterday! Yay! I beat the deadline!!!!!

o

Canada Post tracking number shows that my box has been in destination country since Wednesday. I'm hoping that means it will be delivered between now and Saturday. Fingers crossed.

Ann

o

My package should arrive at it's destination TODAY!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here