SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
spacific_gw

WANTED: I know I'm not the last one...

spacific
12 years ago

It's getting close to the end, but I finally found what I hope is the perfect gift for my swap partner. If you haven't gotten your package yet, keep watch, one is on its way.

Ann

Comments (19)

• User
    12 years ago

I know you aren`t the last.

I haven`t shipped yet either. In fact our Canadian Postal Service is on strike. The government is threatening to legislate them back to work. But it might be next week before I get to mail my box.

Ann

• Lars
    12 years ago

I shipped today also, and so maybe our packages will be delivered at the same time. My package is far from perfect this time, and so I'm hoping my partner will have a good sense of humor, if nothing else!

Lars

• colleenoz
    12 years ago

I've been away so my parcel will be posted on Monday. So, if you haven't got yours yet, don't despair, it's coming! :-)

• Bizzo
    12 years ago

I got mine mailed last Friday, and I'm hoping it gets there in one piece, without too much delay, and my swap partner enjoys it! Oh, the stress!!

I struggled to stay within the "three" guideline and it feels very unsubstantial!! :-) I finally gave up on the "wow" factor, the "perfect" gift and went for something regional (that doesn't give much away!!) and a bit of summer that I thought was low risk for breakage (no bean pots this swap). As Colleen says, if you haven't gotten yours yet don't despair! (mine is in the crowd at the end!)

• spacific
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm glad I'm in such good company! Good thing you give us plenty of time for these swaps, Ann.

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

My gifts are purchased, just need to find the time to box everything up and mail it out. I will ship by the deadline, I promise! LOL!

Teresa

• mer4205
    12 years ago

My box is ready - am in process of writing note...then it will go tomorrow morning.... -maria

• User
    12 years ago

I'm actually glad that our postal service is on strike. Since I still had a little time I decided on a third item and it is being made for my partner by one of our local textile/weaving artists.

I might have to ship via UPS if our postal service isn't back to work next week.

Ann

• Lars
    12 years ago

Mine got delivered this morning (according to USPS), and I'm glad because it contained semi-perishables! I'll check back tomorrow to make sure it arrived okay, but really nothing was breakable.

Ann, I remember threats of liquor strikes in Canada when I was visiting Vancouver, but everyone bought out all the inventory in the liquor stores in fear of the strike, and then the strike got called off! I think I remember postal strikes also. I was in New Orleans during Mardi Gras for a police strike, and that was pretty dramatic.

Lars

• dgkritch
    12 years ago

Mine hasn't been mailed either.
    I could be last. Maybe.
    We'll see.

Deanna

• colleenoz
    12 years ago

Mine went a couple of days ago, sent airmail so it shouldn't be long! Now all you who haven't got your parcel yet will be wondering ;-)

• User
    12 years ago

I have my box ready to mail but I'm going to hold off mailing until either Monday or Tuesday next week. Our striking Canadian Postal workers are now back to work but they are slow in getting caught up. I don't want my box caught in the backlog.

Ann

• coconut_nj
    12 years ago

Wellll.. mine went almost 3 weeks ago... but my partner finally got it.. LOL.. phew! My post office lied. It went airmail too for all the good it does. Grins. I'm just glad it arrived in good shape and was liked.

• spacific
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I'm going today to the post office!
    A

• riverrat1
    12 years ago

Mine is packed up and ready to go! Maybe today I can get it to FedX...

• spacific
    Original Author
    12 years ago

OK... the package is heading east! If you live east of me and haven't yet received your swap package... maybe as early as Saturday?!

Ann

• riverrat1
    12 years ago

My box went out yesterday! Yay! I beat the deadline!!!!!

• User
    12 years ago

Canada Post tracking number shows that my box has been in destination country since Wednesday. I'm hoping that means it will be delivered between now and Saturday. Fingers crossed.

Ann

• riverrat1
    12 years ago

My package should arrive at it's destination TODAY!!!