Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WANTED: Are you able to post a picture?

Posted by paulines (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 21, 06 at 14:57

Figured this might be helpful ~ if our partners don't have a camera or aren't able to do picture posting, we can take a picture prior to packing (I know everyone loves to see pictures!).

So folks, what is it, a yessiree or a nope - lol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WANTED: Oh poop!

I forgot to say, I can post a picture!

o
RE: WANTED: Are you able to post a picture?

Yes, I can. I'm not so good at posting them in the message, but I can link to my albums.

Great idea!

Pam

o

If my camera is working that day, sure!

o

Pauline, I'm so glad you wrote this because I meant to mention it in my post. Apparently I'm one of the few who can't do the digital camera thing. My 92 yr old grandmother can do it. I cannot.

I hope this isn't too much inconvenience, but could my swap partner pretty pleeease take pictures before you send the package out? I always feel terrible that everybody can't see what beautiful things my partners have sent.

o

pauline - you must have read my mind! This is my first swap, and I was thinking the other day that descriptions of the loot just aren't as exciting as actual photos. Especially given some of the great wrapping I've seen from the previous swaps.

I can definitely post photos, and will be happy to take photos before mailing if my swap partner cannot!

o

Excellent topic! Yes, I can and do take pix so my sending partner does not need to worry. In addition, I'll be happy to take pix of what I'm sending if the one I'm sending to can't. The only difficult thing about that is REMEMBERING to do it BEFORE I start wrapping and packing!!!

o

oh yeah - good idea Pauline! Yes, I can take a picture. But if dear Diana has my name, please take a pic before sending cuz yours will be WAY better - heehee.

Stacy

o

I had Lori316 last summer (hi lori!) and knew she didn't post pics, so I did photograph everything before I sent it and then posted the pic to her thread after she acknowledged receipt.

Jayne

o

I can post a picture.

Lori316, dear sweet swap partner, you got cheated out of the package you gave me in February because I didn't post a picture of its full magnificence. Lori gave me my package IN PERSON in Connecticut when we were there and I was just so exhausted every night when we got back to the hotel, I didn't take a picture. I'm sorry!!! But it was fabulous!

o

I can also post a picture, at least most days I can.

My partner has posted pictures before, so I think she still can, but I'll take a photo before just in case.

Annie

o

Annie - I think I'll do the same, just in case, since some swappers might miss this thread.

o

I hope to catch up with technology one of these days soon, but for right now...

Swap partner...please take a pic of what you send me.

Nancy

o

Picture posting is no problem here thanks to DH!

o

I have a digital camera and signed up with Photobucket. Hopefully I'll learn to post pics.

Last swap I planned on taking pictures before I wrapped everything but completely forgot. Thank goodness Peppi had a camera. I'll try to remember this time.

Tracey

o

Thanks for posting this reminder Pauline.

Tracey, if you have any problems with posting a picture everyone here will help you.

Ann

o

I can post pictures also.
Sherry

o

I don't have a digital camera, so posting pics is difficult for me. I would love it if my swap partner would take one for me!

o

I can take pictures. They're not really high resolution on close-ups, but they get the idea across!

o

I try to take a picture before I wrap things up. Yes, I can post one, too.

If there are some of you that have a digital camera...but no hosting abilities...you can email it to me and I'll put it up for you.

o

Yippee! I can, now too! I will take photos of what I am sending out just in case my partner can't or doesn't or forgets.... LOL

Linda

o

I am able to get them to PictureTrail, but still on the learning curve to get them here. But seems there is offered help here to get them to this site. Thanks momto4kids, if I can't figure it out shortly, I may ask for your help in getting it here. So, looks like I will have it covered.

Brenda

o

I can post a picture. I'll also take one before I pack, just in case.

o

I can post pictures and I take a picture before sending to my partner as was suggested several years ago as a back up.

I so enjoy the pictures, it really adds another dimension to our swaps.

o

I can post pictures and will try to remember to take a few before I pack things up.

Brenda, if you can get them to picturetrail just click on image urls at the top of the page. Then select what alblum you want and click again. Drop down to the clickable thumbs(4th one down on the list) and copy and post that address into your message. You should be able to check in the preview section before you post to see if it worked. I hope that helps you out.

David

o

yes I can take a picture.

o

I usually do a picture of what I'm sending -- just in case-- so will do this time. No problem posting as yet .

Diane

o

Yup, I can post too. Good idea to start this thread.

o

I can take pictures with our new camera but still haven't learned to post. It's on my "to do" list.
Linda

o

I thought I posted to this thread??

Yes, I can post pictures and I will try very hard to remember to take pictures of my package before I send it off.

o

Ooooh! Good thought! Luckily I haven't started wrapping. I can post pictues, and will also take pix before I wrap for my buddy just in case! Can't wait--this is so fun!

~finally

o

The ancient digital camera I have access to seems only to be good for taking landscape photos, i.e. there's no close focusing, so my swap partners will have to provide pictures.

o

I forgot to take a picture, but I think my partner can.....please go look on your porch!! or in your garage....or your driveway.....

janet

I can only post big pictures

o

Janet, I forgot to take pictures too. I know my partner has posted pictures before, so I'm sure they can when they get the package.

Dang, I knew I forgot something. Well, something besides the letter that was supposed to go with it. Sigh.

Annie

o

since I'm one who doesn't have a digital camera, I find it difficult to take the pictures, but I can post if the pics are sent to me, I thought I'd ask whoever is sending to me for the fall swap to please take pics for me! thanks :)

o

Well, we have the camera and just got a new computer but still haven't mastered posting so it would be good if whomever is sending would take pictures if possible. Thanks.
Linda

o

*snicker* *snicker*

You're all taking pictures of your package........ hahahahahahahah!!!

I will post pics of mine too! I can do that!Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o

Free Image Hosting at www.picturetrail.com

Oh! You meant of my package! Yep, and I'm even gettin a little better at it. I actually got it when I scrolled down but couldn't resist showing off my grandkids and our trip to the teacups.

o

If anyone has trouble posting photos I don't mind hosting them on my account with Smugmug. I've done if for others in the past . I have a "Forum Friends Album" for that purpose. You just have to email me the photos.

Ann

o
RE: WANTED: Are you able to post a picture?1

Janet, I forgot to comment on your photo. Great picture of you and your grand children. Looks like the kids are having a wonderful time with grandma.

Ann

o

I forgot to post to this last time, but here's a previous package that I received. I guess I thought everyone knew I was able to post pictures, and I always takes pictures of packages before I send them.

Thanks for resurrecting this thread.

Lars

o

Well, I've got the digital camera and I even know how to use it! lindac has made several gracious attempts to teach me how to post. Unfortunately, they have all failed. It's a very good thing I don't support myself with my electronics prowress!

So, Ann...I'll be delighted to take pictures of both the package I send and the one I receive but will need to email the pixs to you for posting. (Hanging head in embarrased shame...)

Tricia

o

I'll be happy to post the pictures for you Tricia.

Ann

o

I've never been able to post pictures except in one of the gallery sections, and it was eeetsy beeetsy teeny weeny. I'm thinking of trying to get onto a photo hosting site, but when I tried once before, the pictures never loaded. We've upgraded our system since then, so maybe it'll work better now. But, for now, I'm not able to post pics.

Sally

o

I can photograph my stuff before I send it... but am unable to post. So, Ann, if it's not too much trouble, could you post for me?

Catherine

o

Tricia, I still can't post pictures either. Don't hang your head in shame. LOL

Sally, have you tried posting pictures of anything besides your bikini? ;)

o

Catherine, I'll post photos for anyone any time. Also, I don't mind calling anyone and walking them through how to post photos either. Just email me your phone number if you want a lesson.

Ann

o

Tee hee!

Sally

o

I can post.

o

I can post, too. :)

o

I'm picture-posting-enabled! :-)

Lori

o

I can post pictures as well. They are usually higgledy piggledy, nothing like Ann or Sol's, but folks will see what I received.

-Robin

o

I can post pictures!

o

Yes, I can post.

My camera doesn't take great close ups, and they always come out huge when I post them. I'm still learning!!

Oly

o

I hope that my swap p can post, I'm still not up to speed.

Nancy

o

I have a new digital camera, so I can post pictures.

o

Yup. I can post!
Great, big, pretty pictures! :+)
I will take a photo before I send and upon receiving. Can't have too many.
Deanna

o

I can post photos and no doubt I will post a stupid emoticon or two or three...

..............Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

yes, i can post photos, though the color isn't perfect b/c i use my camcorder for stills (no digital camera).

o

msrevise, you may be on to the next CF upgrade - swap box videos! We can post on youtube!

o

Lol, jessy! Then i'd have to come up with a "Swap Rap!"

I'm swappin', yeah. (cross arms over chest and look sullen)

Hmm. Video...that could be in the "homemade" category...?

o

Yes I can post pictures. And I took some of the gifts I sent my swap partner - so if my swap partner can't post photos, I can.

Lynn.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here