SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thibeaultstable

WANTED: Some Swap Guidelines

ann_t
17 years ago

Swap Guidelines

Most of you have participated in a previous swap so already know the ins and outs. But for those who will be participating for the first time I thought I would outline how a swap works and what is expected. With so many participating and with lessons learned from a few issues that have arisen during past swaps, I thought it would be helpful to post some guidelines to ensure that the exchange runs as smoothly as possible. First of all this swap is a "Secret Partner" swap. This means that you do not know who you are receiving from. You wont know that until your swap box arrives.

In order to participate you must:

Be a participating member of the Cooking forum. In other words, you canÂt just have signed up this week or today in order to participate. If you did just join the Cooking Forum in the last month, then you must make an effort to post often so that the rest of us can get to know you. Most members do not feel comfortable having their names and addresses given to complete strangers or sending to someone that they do not know at all.

You must commit to spending a minimum of $30.00 on the contents of your package. We keep the minimum low so that almost everyone should be able to participate. The cost of shipping is additional, so if you have a problem shipping to Canada or anywhere outside of the United States, you need to let me know that before I assign partners.

Once you have committed to participating it is important that you follow through by honoring the pre-determined shipping deadline.

Most members track their shipment and know when it has arrived on their recipient's doorstep. We all worry that our package is going to get lost in the mail, so please post as soon as possiblesize=5> after receiving your swap box so that your partner can 'breathe a sigh of relief'. If for some reason you canÂt post a detailed description of your swap box right away, with pictures if possible, then at least post an acknowledgment and then follow up as soon as possible with the description. We have been very lucky. In all of the swaps we have so far, we have only had one box get lost by the shipper. The sender very generously went out and duplicated her box and resent it.

If you haven't participate before then you need to email me your full name, address and telephone number.size=4>

The point of these swaps is to have fun and get to know our fellow posters a little better. Hopefully, these guidelines will not be considered too restrictive and will allow everyone to have a great time in the process. Let the swaps begin!!

Ann

PS: I will be starting a separate thread so participating exchange partners can post information about themselves.

Since it is a summer theme, we need to include information about the type of dining /cooking everyone does in the summer. Do you like to eat outdoors on the patio? Are you into grilling? What are your diningroom/kitchen colours? Also if you or your family members have any allergies or religious restrictions you might want to include that information too.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
J.S. Brown & Co.
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars77 Reviews
Columbus Leading Full Service Design Build Firm