Return to the Cooking Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I got my box......!!!!!

Posted by lisa_in_germany (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 27, 11 at 11:29

I got a really nice box from bizzo! I will post pics later. DH has to help me get them uploaded and posted.
I received a really pretty plate in the shape of a flower with blue flowers on it with matching cups! Perfect for outside or summer entertaining.
I also received two local cookbooks. One from Mystic called Saltwater Foodways and the other is Connecticut Farmer and Feast: Harvesting Local Bounty. It is all about the Connecticut farmers markets. I haven't had a chance to read either of them, yet, but I hope to this week.
Thank you so much, Bizzo, for making my swap such a memorable one. I haven't participated in years so it was a nice comback.
My box to my swap partner is on its way. I do hope it won't take the slow boat.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I got my box......!!!!!

Wow! I'm so glad it got there, and hope nothing got mangled! I had so many grand ideas for you, but shipping overseas I tried to keep it simple and non-breakable and a little lighter weight! yes, I know books aren't light, but they are lighter than pottery or glassware and much sturdier!!

I really hope you like the cookbooks! I bought them both at a bookstore in Mystic and they definitely reflect a bit of the part of the world I live in now...

Enjoy!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Saltwater Foodways is published by Mystic Seaport

o

Lovely swap box! Lisa, hope you truly enjoy it and Bizzo, congratulations! You done good!

o

I was offline for three days so it took me a while to get back to exchanges. The box got there sooner than I expected ! Sorry, Lisa, Or I would've responded last Monday!

I didn't take pictures, but since I'm not sure if Lisa will be able to as it's been several days, I'm going to share a link to the other cookbook as well... I liked the photos and stories in this one, I hope Lisa will, too!
Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: Connecticut Farmer and Feast information

o

Beautiful cookbook cover! Looking forward to pictures of the cups and plates.

o

I would say that you nailed it Bizzo.

I'm looking forward to Lisa's pictures. But in the meantime, I'm admiring that cookbook cover. Farmer and Feast - what a great title. If the cover is anything to go by, that must be one amazing cookbook.

Ann

o

Sounds like a great swap box to me.

Nancy

o

Can't wait to see the plate. Cookbooks are always good, LOL!

o

Nice swap surprise, Bizzo! Looking forward to pics of the other gifts. Enjoy, Lisa!

Teresa

o

Everything on that cookbook cover is so perfect and delicous looking. And Saltwater Seaways sounds fascinating.

It's a lovely selection of America for Lisa. I hope we get to see the plate and cups too.

Lee

o

Looks like a beautiful cookbook. The plate/cups sound lovely. Enjoy, Lisa!

o

All good things come from Connecticut!!! Looking forward to your pictures. Great job Bizzo! -maria(fellow Nutmegger).

o

You can never go wrong with a cookbook and I really like the looks of that one, I'll look forward to seeing some recipes from that.

Great box, Bizzo.

Annie

o

Sorry about the pics. We have been really swamped here with doc appointments and work. Will try to get them up this weekend.
Lisa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Cooking Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here