SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ritaotay

Keep your fingers crossed.... ( long )

ritaotay
12 years ago

After spending a few hours researching my Swap Partner I had my mind set on what to get... I spent a couple more hours looking for a store in my area for the right items, I want to see what I'm buying... Success... I found just what I was looking for and a little something for me, at a store that was close enough that I wouldn't have to spend more for the gas than I would for the items... lol

So, this morning I got a sitter for hubby and armed with enough cash to buy out half the store ( lol ) I began my quest... Luckily, a few minutes after entering the store, I happened upon a very nice sales person who said she'd be more than happy to help me find all the items on my list... Since we were close to it she chose the last item on my list first, the one for me... Something I've wanted since I first time I saw it, Easy Feet, the thingy you use in the shower to scrub your feet, no hands, no bending, just slip your foot in and move it back and forth... Oh my, none on the shelf.

We went over to the computer so she could check the stock room for one... Nope... All out but they had 300 on order... They could send me one when they came in... I asked how much for shipping... She said another $5... I said that's ok, I could live without it for a while longer and it wouldn't cost that much for gas to come back... Oh well.

While we were at the computer she said she would check on my other items... The first item came up as only being sold online... Sigh... She said she could order it for me and have it shipped... I said no because I saw one at another local store, it wasn't quite as nice but... Sigh.

The final blow... The other item I wanted for my Swap Partner... Well they normally don't stock it but another one of their stores does carry it and they do have it in stock... But.... The store is another 20 miles away... I couldn't make it to another store, I only had hubby's sitter for two hours... SIGH!

The sweet young sales lady saw how disappointed I was and offered to order everything I wanted, have it shipped to my door and wave all the shipping charges... She said I should have everything in a few days... Now how could I say no to that?

Well, after I got home I started to think of lots of reasons why I should have said no... What if they don't look as good as they did online, what if they only send part of my order, what if they're damaged in shipping, what if it takes a lot longer to get here...

Please keep your fingers crossed that I don't have to go to plan B because I don't have a plan B yet...

Hugs,

Rita

Comments (4)