SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
booberry85

WANTED: A tax audit, A death, a pipe burst, a flood

booberry85
17 years ago

This has been my last month or so. I didn't have room to type in a speeding ticket too.

My father-in-law had a stroke on St. Patrick's Day. He had been doing increasingly worse ever since. He passed away at 4:20 am this morning. He was a lawyer. He dealt mostly with wills and real estate. He was a sweet man with a great sense of humor and a kind heart. He'll be missed by many. DH is holding up as well as he can.

About a month back as well, we received a letter from the IRS saying we are being audited. YEACH! We gave power of attorney to our accountant. So we've been trying to gather paperwork together for that.

Just to add insult to injury, I came home last night to find out we had no water pressure and our basement partially flooded (not badly, just one corner. It has ruined the drywall along two walls though). The DH stayed home today and called various plumbers and such. They discovered that a pipe burst/is leaking that connects the well to the house. It's buried so we need excavators to get to the pipe and then have a plumber fix it. Our insurance company said they will most likely not pay for the damages.

It's been a tough run. Ok, that's my misfortune for the year right?!

Thanks for listening,

Boo

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths