SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lackboys3

WANTED: Life is a Beautiful Bowl of Cherries from.......

lackboys3
16 years ago

Nancy in Michigan! DH, boys and I came home from a long day on the soccer fields to find a box on the doorstep. I hauled it in and Lady and Misha immediately checked for contraband from Roxy:-)

I confess I was quite amazed to see the caption on the box which led me to believe Nancy had sent me some long awaited snow!

Upon further examination, three beautiful packages, wrapped in sleek blue paper were revealed. And a lovely note from dear Nancy as well.

What a beautiful set of swap gifts from Cherry Country! Nancy sent a beautiful Calphalon deep dish pizza pan, which I can assure you, will get much use in this pizza loving household. This pan is a beauty, sturdy and shiny and ready for a nice veggie pie. A pound of dried tart cherries followed, which could not have been more appropriate for me, since, as Nancy remembered, I love all things "cherry". They're sweet, tart and chewy. I hope I can save enough of them to at least bake a few batches of scones or muffins before I devour them all. Last but certainly not least, Nancy sent a gorgeous pottery bowl from Sturgeon River Pottery, the colors you have to see in person to believe. It is currently holding some leftover bread on the counter next to my stove.

Here's a closeup of the bowl so you can see the amazing detail.

Thanks you so much Nancy, for a wonderful swap box! I love it all, and I can truly say you hit the nail on the head with my favorites. You rock!!!

DONNA

Comments (26)