SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sally2_gw

wanted: i am so ex-sigh-ted! i made out big time!

sally2_gw
16 years ago

My package arrived, my package arrived, and I don't know who's more excited, me or my kitties!

Two of my kitties are eager to see what they got from Nina.

Much to my delight, Nina went on a shopping spree at Trader Joe's for me, and put together a "gift basket". I've long had Trader Joe's envy, but no longer. She sent me a sampling of her favorite things from there, including 2 delicious sounding vinegars - White Balsamic and Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar, plus some Mango Ginger Chutney and some Olive Tapenade spread - 2 things I've never had before. Yes, I admit it, I've never tasted Chutney or Tapenade, but I'm sure looking forward to it. Who doesn't like Chocolate? She really nailed it with Espresso Chocolates and with chocolate dipped chocolate chip cookies. I've already gotten into both, and after eating that Espresso chocolate candy am hoping I'm not up all night! (it'll be worth it, they're delicious!)

But wait, there's more! She also sent me a set of Fiesta Ware Ramekins. (I forgot to mention these in my email to you - sorry!) I love Fiesta Ware, also, and have a set of plates, with hopes of collecting more. You nailed it!

Not finished yet. She sent a beautiful set of serving spoons/servers, which will come in so handy. They are elegant, and I plan to use them next time I entertain, or maybe even sooner.

She didn't disappoint my kitties, either. They got some twisties to play with, but I think they're more interested in the box, and have already had fun jumping inside it. But what's more special than ever, she remembered my grandson, Christopher. He got his own gift, and Thomas the Train toy. I can't wait to share it with him when I get to see him. Finally, and this has me probably the most excited of all, she sent me some of her own recipes. One for French Bread and one for home made Manicotti, made the real Italian way. I love Italian food, and am loving exploring bread baking. I can't wait to make both her recipes, and keep making them till I've mastered them. I just may have to keep trying over and over again...;-)

Here's everything together.

Thank you so much, Nina. I am thrilled with my gifts!

Sally

P.S. I also forgot to say that I think the card is adorable!

Sally

Comments (25)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath