SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
riverrat1

And now (drum roll, please), the object of your curositi

riverrat1
16 years ago

So sorry for making you all hang in suspense for so long, but with all I had going on, I wanted to give this swap the justice it so well deserves. (And besides, I had to see my nephew win a state tennis tournament today!)

So....

The first reveal:

A giant box of toilet paper! David, how did you know that Charles would be so happy because we're almost out, AGAIN!

The second reveal:

David and I went to almost every kitchen store at PFPP hunting for "bouquet garni" bags for me, since I couldn't find them at home or on the Internet. Alas, we couldn't find them in Tennessee, either. BUT, David being so creative, found me some "spice" bags -- that's what I get for trying to be so cool.... Plus, some chocolates and local reading from his area.

The third reveal:

Buried beneath all these wonderful things, was a carefully wrapped package containing his "favorite thing" which is also my favorite thing, pottery.

This absolutely gorgeous 15½-inch platter was designed and made by Carl Hankin. But let David describe it to you:

"He is very talented working with iron oxide and horse hair. He lives out in the desert somewhere (no one knows where, for sure) and is a very private person.... The black lines in the bowl are made by dropping horse hair onto the pottery when it is still in the kiln at 1500 degrees. It actually burns the design onto the pottery. Very few people do this with much success. He only made a limited number of these, and I find the whole hair thing interesting and unique."

And David, it certainly is. And goes absolutely perfectly with my colors of orange/copper/red.

And, the final reveal:

The perfect swap gift.

David, you are too cool for me! I love this package and now, every time I look at it I'll think of you.

This will be displayed in a prominent place. I love this pottery David. Thank you so much.

Comments (33)