SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gina_w_gw

WANTED: Muchos Besos A LoriJean!

Gina_W
17 years ago

Her package arrived at my office today. I got a handpainted Mexican casserole, a big and huge and heavy and wonderful Mexican cookbook, and last but not least, one of Lori's handmade afghans - wait'll you see!

Lori, predictable or not, you have me doing a happy-dance - I love it, love it, love it!

Pictures to come when I get home y'all.

Comments (21)

• Gina_W
    Original Author
    17 years ago

That sounded like I called Lori predictable! Not at all. She thought it would be predictable - but - NOT! Here it is:

Lori made me one of her famous afghans. She used heavy soft chenille-type marled blue yarn, and the ends are loops of the yarn. The picture doesn't do it justice - I'll have to find a background to lay the whole thing out and take another pic later.
    {{gwi:1462185}}

Lori found this
    {{gwi:1462187}} I adore Mexican colors and style. If I were rich, I'd have one Mexican-style home and one mid-century modern home. I even have design books like "Mexicasa".

Okay - there's this really huge and heavy cookbook. It's bigger and heavier than my dog! It's full of fantastic recipes and {{gwi:1462189}} It's called Mexican Border Flavors -- I love it.

{{gwi:1462191}} AND Lori also sent me one of Ann T's cards. This is becoming a swap custom!

Thank you Lori, I love my stuff so much!

• girlsingardens
    17 years ago

Oh my that afghan is soooo beautiful. Just the warm and cozy thing to snuggle up with. Also love the bright vivid colors in the caserole dish, it will make anything served in it extra special.

Stacie

• paulines
    17 years ago

"It's bigger and heavier than my dog!", that's really funny, Gina. What an amazing afghan, soft & smooshy and wonderful to curl up in.

Lori, wow!

• wizardnm
    17 years ago

Lori, thats a wonderful swap package! I love the afghan and the dish, and the cookbook!

Gina, I think you are going to have some really good reading and recipes to share with us...can't wait!

Nancy

• homesforsale
    17 years ago

Beautiful afghan! I love babysitting Lucas at my DD's and snuggling under on eof hers.That's gorgeous..and the pottery..w/ the lilies..I ahve never seen one and I love it..
    Very nice! Isn't it fun to see Ann's cards getting around sooo much:)

• mustangs81
    17 years ago

Big deal. The afghan was just packaging material to protect the beautiful casserole dish.

Just kidding...it is gorgeous!! So while I'm darting in and out of stores searching and searching for swap gifts, LoriJean is sitting in front of the TV being creatively productive??

• ann_t
    17 years ago

I love, love what Lori sent you. Mexican pottery is a favourite and that piece is just beautiful. The colours wow. And I can imagine just how soft and cuddly your afghan is because I am also the lucky recipient of one of Lori's creations. I'll have to look for that cookbook. Enjoy Gina. Can't wait to see what you cook and serve in your new dish.

Ann

• lowspark
    17 years ago

Very cool swap package! The afghan is fabulous Lori!! And the mexican pottery is neat. Looking forward to seeing pix of the mex food you make - I LOVE mexican food!

• dlundin
    17 years ago

OMG, that afghan is gorgeous, Lori! Gina, I can just imagine you getting cozy with it on those brutal Southern California days when the fog rolls in. Great, great package!

• earthlydelights
    17 years ago

i'm loving the dish and to get a homemade blanket...just incredible. great items. continued enjoyment!

maryanne

• KatieC
    17 years ago

Beautiful afghan Lori...looks soft...chenille? I like the loopy fringe. That dish is muy bueno. I'll bet you'll find lots in that book and will put the dish to good use, Gina.

• doucanoe
    17 years ago

Holy smokes! Lori, you are so talented. Your afghans are just gorgeous! Lucky you, Gina!

I love tha calla lily design on that pottery, too! Callas are my favorite flower.

Heck, that book looks like it's heavier than my dog, too!

{{gwi:1462193}}
    LOL

Great package!

Linda

• robinkateb
    17 years ago

That afghan is just gorgeous!! It would make it a pleasure to keep your heat low and snuggle under a blanket. It is really cold here right now so the afghan looks especially nice. Curl up, look at the wonderful cookbook and then make a great dish in the pottery. Perfect!!

-Robin

• annie1992
    17 years ago

Oh wow, that's a beautiful afghan, it looks so soft and warm. I love the casserole too, that's really unique.

Heck, that book might weigh more than MY dog too!

Enjoy everything Gina, it's a wonderful package.

"Brutal Southern California", LOL at Diana.

Annie

• Terri_PacNW
    17 years ago

Love it all. So bright and cheery!

• chancesmom
    17 years ago

What a beautiful assortment, that dish is stunning and the afgan really is special. Way to go LoriJean!

• riverrat1
    17 years ago

OMG! Beautiful swap box you put together for our Gina! Lori you are very talented.

Gina, you lucky dog ;-)

• msafirstein
    17 years ago

OMG....I love everything! The dish is so nice and just the right size too! We are having cold, rainy weather and the afghan looks so inviting so just snuggle up with, especially with the new Cookbook!!

Great job Lori, you did good! Have fun Gina!!

Michelle

• andi_2006
    17 years ago

A wonderful package, Lori. The afghan is gorgeous (and very special) and that dish is spectacular! Great gifts! Gina, lucky you! Enjoy!

• shaun
    17 years ago

um, make that BLUE specks.

• lakeguy35
    17 years ago

Lori does it again! That cookbook looks very interesting and the casserole dish fits in perfectly with your new kitchen Gina. The afphan takes it to the limit. Too cool!! I'm thinking Odo will love that afphan as much as you Gina.....I'm sure y'all will be sharing it together...maybe even DH!

David