SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

WANTED: Good things come to those who wait!

teresa_nc7
17 years ago

My wonderful swap package from Alison arrived today to brighten up a really dreary day!

I can tell Alison put a lot of thought into the swap items she picked for me:

1) china/pottery - a precious blue willow-patterned egg cup trimmed in gold to add to my collection of egg cups! I'll soon get the egg cups out of the china cabinet and put them on the dining table or the sideboard with various eggs in them in celebration of spring and Easter.

2) cooking method - baking! Specifically, a bread cookbook from Bernard Clayton - his New Complete Book of Breads, the 30th anniversary edition. I've been looking through this already and have found recipes for Lithuanian Bacon Buns, Sausage Bread, and Feta Biscuits. Almost 700 pages of breads! Heaven!

3) Ethnic - a wonderful assortment of Middle Eastern herbs and spices: Za'atar, Turkish Kofte Blend, Fish Spice, Ras Al Hanout, Baharat, and Charnuska or Nigella seeds. These wonderful spice smells greeted me when I opened the box and filled my office all morning. It was just as if I were shopping in the spice stalls at the souk! I love Middle Eastern food and will be making some flatbread with olive oil and za'atar on the griddle tonight! I love to get ingredients in a swap package!

Alison also included a copy of the Columbus (Ohio) magazine that focuses on restaurants. That will be my reading for tonight.

Thank you for everything, Alison! I love each gift you chose for me and know I will enjoy using each item. Your swap gifts will give me different tastes and worlds to explore and remind me of you each time I see them.

Teresa

Here is a pic of everything!

{{gwi:1461970}}

Comments (22)