SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
granjan_gw

WANTED: Sorry Allison, I just can't open my box.

granjan
18 years ago

2 hours before my cookbook group arrived I learned that my dear friend's lover will be coming home for hospice today.

It's the 5th anniversary of my father's funeral today. I had the privilege of taking care of him the last 3 weeks of his life. Making the arrangements to get the bed and oxygen into their apartment are just too much. I know what they will be going through in the next few weeks.

I home now between errands for them but I just can't open the box. 3 months ago Kellen was a healthy 45 yr. old who thought his old ulcer was acting up. And today he's going home to die. He's lost most of his stomach and intestines and 45 pounds. He looks like a skeleton who is 6 months pregnant. Lisa has a thousand details to attend to and I'm doing everything I can to help so that she has some time to just be with him.

I just can't open the box that I'm sure is filled with lovely things but I'm in no shape to appreciate them. Maybe tomorrow. I'm sure you understand. I'm off again to deal with DMV.

Comments (14)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor