SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susan_in_nc

Corrections! Wonderful package from Trixie Tx

susan_in_nc
18 years ago

Ok, no meds today! Even my Friday afternoon glass of wine will WAIT! I want no errors.

Karen sent an absolute fantastic package from Texas. I had been so bad, I didn't tell DH that I was in a swap. He was so amazed by Karen's package -- that a "stranger" that I may occasionally "address the same topic with on a chat thread" would care to send such nice things. Karen, you have made a believer out of DH -- that's nearly an impossible task.

So, for the list (pictures a bit later -- I don't want to bring back the headache!):

I got HOMEMADE stuff! Yeah!!!

Salsa, Squash/Zuchinni Relish and Apricot/Jalepeno Jelly.

We love salsa, and look forward to trying yours. I never had squash/zuchinni relish, but am really looking forward to trying the apricot/jalepeno jelly. Karen suggests serving it with cream cheese. I may have to hide this from my DS, or he will be putting it on a bagel, with cream cheese for breakfast. The boy does love hot stuff!

For the Kitchen -- I have MICROFIBER dishtowles and cloths! I have looked at microfiber cloths for about a year now, debating if I really need them (I know, but sometimes I do try to use some restraint!). Before I could even do more than take my photo's, DH had the package open and "tested" them!

Guess what else he found "so" interesting? Teh Bee Bar Lotion! He thought it smelled great. I have constantly dry hand recently -- have been using Burt's Bee Balm, but it sort of "smells" (and not in the best way).

Texas STUFF --

Well, to start off there was the cutest corkscrew! And, gosh was it heavy! It had to be since it was a Longhorn! I hope the pics show it off well enough to do it and Karen justice. To go with a corkscrew -- a bottle of Texas wine (to be sampled at a later date).

And, last but not least in the Texas category -- Texas BBQ sauce. Now, being Texan, I believe that is Beef BBQ sauce. Right?

To top it all off, Karen remembered seeing a thread where we discussed Wilton Armetale bowls. I had purchased one for my sister (and SIL) and one for myself! Karen sent a lovely bowl and knife. As she put it "Just because I thought you would like it." Can you hear me calling "YES, yes, yes" all the way to Texas?

The box was fantastic and each part was wrapped in ... wait for it...... TEXAS logo tissue paper with twine "ribbon" and little tags for the categories! I tried to take pics that would show off this detail, but as I said earlier, I won't try to go there yet -- I don't want to invite the headache back!

Karen, you are the BEST!

Susan

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio