SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
artsyshell

WANTED: My box is here..

artsyshell
16 years ago

My box is here! Funny it came same time as I posted that mine had been delivered at it's destination. Had to go out right after I got it, popped in again for a few minutes, have to go right back out again but thought I would post that I have it. Haven't opened it yet, I am waiting til I come back this afternoon so I can savour and enjoy the moment of opening! I can tell you it is from Linda Pratt (thankyou Linda..you'll be hearing from me soon, I promise)! Stay tuned...

Shelley

Comments (33)

• sigh
    16 years ago

OK, somebody post some skeletons...quick!

Open, open, OPEN!!!

Nina

• lyndaluu2
    16 years ago

Yeah open, open, open it. LOL

Linda

• Related Discussions

My SS Box Is Here!!!!

Q

Comments (34)
    Daniella don't worry. Like sometimes you wish you could erase a posted message. This one too will ALWAYS be here lol Later I try the invisible thing...like in the DAILY pics hahahahaha Just to show what a great person and friend Deb is to me, she outdid herself for me : From Pictures to share with Garden buddies Deb was so sneaky about getting MY photos...that I never suspected anything! I don't even know how I came to deserve such a gift from her heart! ALL my flowers and brugs in the most orderly fashion displayed that they will EVER be! lol. I am even scared to write on the notes page that follows each plant description lol. I just want it always to look perfect! Daniella I agree that no one could have done it better with the DDD then DEB from close to Dallas roflmao Hugs Lucy
    ...See More

WANTED: It's here! Shaun is my swap partner!

Q

Comments (35)
    Maggie I'LL tell you about me and frogs. During a swap, our little Miss Cheater Pants, aka JESSY, got my name. I was a little new to the group so Jessy researched my name here on the forum and she found some old posts over on the Reptile/Amphibian Forum, I had posted asking for help in getting rid of all the frogs that were all over our porch. They were pooping everywhere and peeing everywhere and it was just horrible!!!! So Jessy took off with this frog idea and she sent me the funniest swap package; it had frog shaped pasta, an apron with frogs on it, rubber frogs that were threaded on shish kabobs, Gosh I can't even remember all of it. But I laughed so hard I had to go change. So that's where the frogs came from.
    ...See More

WANTED: Toto, My swap box isn't in Kansas anymore!!!!

Q

Comments (18)
    Ramekins are always so useful, I use the ones Dishesdone bought me for everything from melting a couple of pats of butter to snacks for the kids. I even make MLCs in them, which is why she got them for me in the first place, LOL. Linda, I'm sure you'll use yours a lot. That size microplane is so useful, I know you'll love that, but I've never seen a vase grinder, so that'll be interesting to see how it works on your herbs. A very nice swap box indeed... Annie
    ...See More

wanted: ok, the box is here!

Q

Comments (42)
    When I finally learn to can, I think the first thing I will make will be the apple pie jam (and the blueberry Jessy sent me). It sounds so good. Those mats are great. I noticed it in the KA catalog too. What a good idea for baking with kids. I always move the cookies when the kids aren't looking too! And that book is perfect for a busy mom - with such an adorable baby.
    ...See More
  • shaun
    16 years ago

Come on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• artsyshell
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Sorry! Came home all set to open it and my sister phoned with family problems (fourteen year old neice admitted to phsych ward), then had to get my son off the computer!

Linda I sooo want to thank you!! My swap box was Perfect!!!
    (you did good girl).

Linda sent me a lovely note along with two favorite recipes
    for two favorite pizza dough recipes, (hand method and food processor method). Thank you so much for both. What perfect planning! We are going away soon so I have been trying to use up veggies, fruit and fridge items etc, and tomorrow I was planning on making PIZZA! So now my dilemma is do I use your favourite crust recipe or the wonderful package of semolina pizza mix? She also sent me a picture and general instructions on how to make a Pizookie (a dessert type pizza).Linda also sent me four individual deep dish pizza pans!
    Linda we love pizza!!! and all I have are large pizza pans so I am so loving the smaller individual ones!!, (I also think they would make great little cake pans). Packaged with the pizza mix and pans was a silicone baster! I Love the silicone baster brush..thankyou. It says you can remove the bristles for easy cleaning. Unfortunately they didn't give instructions for the gadget impaired..anybody know how I get the bristles out?
    Next was a Lemon lime juicer and I really have to thank you for this one. I have a reamer, but hate the fact that I have to ream the juice in one bowl, then fish out the seeds in order to use the juice. This is so perfect and I love the fact I no longer have to fish out seeds!
    Next Was a salt pig, not just any salt pig but an Emile Henry salt pig...I love it!! I have looked at all differant ones every time I have gone into the kitchen store, and always left the store going I'll buy it next time. Now I don't have to, cause I have one!! Thankyou. With the salt pig I also got three differant flavoured salts. Linda I love flavoured salts an have quite a few differant ones, but none of the ones you sent!, I have already used two diffeant ones in tonights meal, so how perfect is that!!

Linda,thank you again so much!! You have wonderful taste and this was a perfect swap gift for me. It's amazing how your tastes are exactly like mine!!
    {{gwi:1461684}}
    {{gwi:1461685}}
    {{gwi:1461686}}
    {{gwi:1461687}}

Shelley

• earthlydelights
    16 years ago

there's absolutely nothing i don't like about this swap package. it's absolutely fantastic.

linda, you did an amazing job and if you ever get me as a partner, i'll take those same things LOLOLOLOL

shelley, enjoy it all.

maryanne

• lyndaluu2
    16 years ago

I'm so glad you like the swap package..it's hard sometimes to find the right items for someone you don't know that well..Please enjoy them all.
    I think you just pull the whole silicone part off of the metal baster ( the whole red part)...
    I absolutely love my salt pig and was hoping you didn't have one.
    Like I said in the note we love pizza and most people do too.
    Enjoy!!!!!!!

Linda

• wizardnm
    16 years ago

Great assortment of favorite things! A salt pig is something I've thought about but just haven't gotten around to buying either.

Very nice Linda!!!!

Nancy

• maggie2094
    16 years ago

I love it. I have been thinking about a salt pig and have been wanted to try grey salt.

The individual pizza pans are a great idea.

Nice choices, Linda. Enjoy Shelley.

• sigh
    16 years ago

What great stuff! I love it all, especially the individual pizza pans. And the silicone basting brushed are fantastic.
    That looks like a nice, big salt pig too. I have a small one (with ears & a tail) and I'm amazed at how it actually works & keeps the salt from clumping.

Great job, Linda. Lucky Shelley!

Nina

• shaun
    16 years ago

Wow Wee! Just keeps getting better and better! Enjoy~

• stacy3
    16 years ago

oooooh - Linda, you did good! Love the salt pig - although I've never heard of one. Why do they call it that? And those pizza pans are great - never seen thoes either!

Shelley - great description and photos - have fun and show us pics of some pizzas, OK?

Stacy

• lackboys3
    16 years ago

I wish I could have a salt pig here, but the heat and humidity would, I suspect, cause all sorts of caking with any salt not covered airtight. It really makes it handy to just keep it on the counter and reach right in with your spoon. Pizza is a big favorite in this house, and I just love those pizza pans. Maybe you could use them for small upside down cakes too. The crust mix sounds delicious and easy too. Wonderful job, Linda, those are some great choices. Shelly, it sounds like you've already got plans for everything. Well, enjoy it all!
    DONNA

• craftyrn
    16 years ago

Gosh ,Shelly-- those are certainly going to fast become favorite things of yours, too !

Linda-- nice, nice choices-- Shelly sure sounds like she's really going to enjoy using them.

• sigh
    16 years ago

Donna- regarding salt pigs & humidity. Our house gets pretty humid & the salt in the salt pig is about the only thing that doesn't clump! I keep sea salt in it & keep it inside the spice cabinet, though, so that might make a difference.

I keep my Kosher cooking salt right out on the counter next to the stove in one of those glass bowls with the metal top. They look just like the bowls that some Italian restaurants use for grated cheese? The metal top is hinged in the middle & there's a notch for the spoon so that I can leave the spoon in place & just flip up the lid when I need some salt. This has worked out so well, the salt is right there & easily measured, no mess and no clumping.

Nina

• deborah_ps
    16 years ago

I love the individual pizza pans! And the salt cellar..and the salts.
    Very cool swap box that you sent Linda, very cool indeed :)

• lackboys3
    16 years ago

Thanks Nina:-) I hoped someone might be able to weigh in on the feasibility of using a salt pig in such a humid climate. I might give it a try, there are some really pretty ones out there, including the one Shelly got!
    DONNA

• Gina_W
    16 years ago

I can't wait to see a Pizookie now! Very nice Linda!

Donna, when we lived in humid places my mom would put some rice grains in the salt shakers. It works.

• sheshebop
    16 years ago

I really like that swap package. I have always wanted a salt pig, and just bought one of those lemon lime thingies. Anything pizza-ish is welcome here too. Nice job Linda. Enjoy your goodies, Shelley.

• Terri_PacNW
    16 years ago

THAT IS OVER THE TOP!
    Sherry, me too..I use a small bambo bowl that I have to refill oh every day just about! lol

• Lars
    16 years ago

I have individual pizza pans too and really like them, although mine are for NY style. They are great for use in the toaster oven, which I had to use before I got a new stove.

I'm curious about what's in the pizza crust mix - does it have yeast? What do you have to add to it? I'm looking forward to pics of the pizzas you are going to make!

How do salt pigs work against humidity? It's rather dry where I live, and so I've not had salt clog, but it must be nice to have one of those in a humid climate.

Lars

• Marigene
    16 years ago

Shelley, know you will enjoy this swap package....the salts sound interesting. Love that salt pig, it looks nice and big. Cute mini pizza pans. You can squeeze some fresh lime juice into your margarita while you are making pizza! Very nice choices, Linda.

• annie1992
    16 years ago

I have one of those squeezers, mine is green and for limes, and I love it, it works great.

I've never seen those individual pizza pans, very cool. Ashley would love some, I think, and the salt collection is fun.

Very, very nice swap box indeed.

Annie

• jimtex
    16 years ago

I have the squeezer and a salt pig. Everything else I'm going to get. The pans are neat. I didn't know they made them and
    I've got to have some of that spiced salt, never seen it either. Great package Linda. I'm sure Shelley will enjoy every item.

• sally2_gw
    16 years ago

What a great swap package. I've never heard of a salt pig before. Why is it called that? I do use a jar for my sea salt or kosher salt, whichever I have on hand. It's one of those old fashioned canning jar kind of things with the rubber seal and metal hinge. I live in north Texas, which is usually quite humid, but not as bad as some places. I've never had the salt clump, and I'm not always that good about keeping it sealed.

The pizza pans are such a good idea. The lemon squeezer and the salts and the pizza dough, and the recipes....Shelley, I bet you're going to have quite a lot of fun with it all. Good job, Linda.

Sally

• diana55
    16 years ago

Oh, How nice is that package!!! I have a salt pig, and use it all the time ( well not when my husband puts sugar in it ) he thought it was for sugar. (he's losing his mind you know) LOL You did great Linda !!! Enjoy all those wonderful things Shelley. Diana55

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

What a great swap package! I've never seen individual deep dish pizza pans. Salt pigs are great - the Paney Campers gave me a wonderful gift certificate to King Arthur and that is one of the things I got.

Have fun, Shelley! Nice choices, Linda!

• artsyshell
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Dianna, I love that, (he thought it was for sugar). Would be something my hubby would do,lol. My salt pig is filled, and sitting in my cupboard, wich is right by my stove. I have tried two of the salts and they are wonderful!
    Tonight I am making pizzas in my new pans. I am also going to try the semolina crust Linda sent me.
    Lars, there is yeast in the crust mix, and you just add water and olive oil to it. It is made by Ecco La Pasta. It does have to rise after mixing. It looks yummy and I can't wait to try it! I promise I will take pictures and post!
    Thanks again Linda, I love,love,love my package!

Shelley

• lyndaluu2
    16 years ago

So glad you like your swap package.....I was just sending things that I love..

Linda

• lakeguy35
    16 years ago

I don't have a salt pig yet but I'll be on the hunt for those pizza pans. I love Uno's deep dish pizza. I think they are Chicago based as is the original recipe for deep dish. A cool selection of favorite things for sure Linda. Um, Shelley, any leftover pizza for me?

David

• artsyshell
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Well the pizza was fabulous! Really loved the crust!! My son made his own and had a great time doing so. Then of course he had to taste test both and claimed his was the best,lol. The dough made enough for three 8 inch pizzas, but because the pans were 6 inch, I was able to get 4 pizzas out of the dough, which was perfect.

So here are pics of my sons pizza
    {{gwi:1461689}}
    {{gwi:1461691}}

And here are pics of the three I made
    {{gwi:1461695}}
    {{gwi:1461697}}

We will be enjoying these pans lots!

Shelley

• mer4205
    16 years ago

Individual pizza! How awesome! Great idea for feeding the kids! Great package - the lemon squeezer is great! -maria

• netla
    16 years ago

Great gifts. The pizza pans are perfect for when everyone wants different toppings.

• jessyf
    16 years ago

Love love love the pizza pans for all sorts of reasons! We love anchovies on pizza, but the kids do not. Plus, I can't roll out pizza dough - its never circular, and I just can't seem to manage a stone and peel! and they seem so practical, with other uses (pies?). I've seen that salt pig at other stores and I think its the bomb. That lemon/lime juicer looks good too! Salts, mixes....nice package!

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz