SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
traceyls

Goodies From Michigan Thank You Nancy(Wizardnm)

traceys
18 years ago

Thank You, Thank You Thank You Nancy. I can't believe the great things you sent me. I'm so excited.

Nancys theme was local/homemade things and it's a great theme.

Everything was beautifully wrapped.

First I opened Nancys homemade Black Rasberry Jam and Peach Jam with Brown Sugar and Rum. I can't wait to try these. I was thinking about baking bread today so now I'll have to unless I just eat it with a spoon. Also in that package was a jar of Friske Orchards Cherry Pepper Jelly. This will be great with cream cheese and crackers I think. Maybe a snack tonight.

Next I opened a BEAUTIFUL pottery pie plate which was made locally. This is absolutely perfect. I adore pottery and have collected a few pieces from a local artist. I did not have a pie plate though. I'm just thrilled.

You will not believe what was in the last bag, those prized dried Morel mushrooms and dried Michigan cherries. I have never had either of them. I've heard you talk about them before and thought they sounded wonderful. Included are recipes for the cherries but I'm going to need help with the morels.

Thats not the end of it either. Nancy also included Too Hot Mama's chocolate cherry mocha and traverse toffee mocha drink mixes which I can't wait to try and magazines and visitors guide for Charlevoix and Northern Michigan. I can't wait to read these. Maybe in the tub tonight.

Nancy, I can't thank you enough for your kindness and generosity. I am delighted with everything. I'm sure my family will enjoy your homemade jams and whatever I make with the cherries(I'm leaning toward the biscotti) and morels. I will display the beautiful pie plate (but keep it away from my daughter)and always think of you.

Thanks Again

Tracey

P.S. I took pictures. Can someone post them?

Comments (31)