SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alison_col

WANTED: I'm having a party, too -- thanks to Tikanas!

alison
18 years ago

And her new incarnation, Tikanas2!

While it may be better to give than recieve, Tikanas has been on both sides of a CF tapas party this swap! She sent me a wonderful selection, and it's perfect for the next "girls night in".

{{gwi:1461544}}

She knew I am "auditioning" new drinks and thoughtfully provided the keys to the rest of the cocktail party. Starting with a pair of gorgeous bright red dishes -- appropriately named "Flirty". A 6" square plate and a really cool comma-shaped bowl, with stylized olives sketched in black.

{{gwi:1461545}}

Talk about synchronicity; they go really well with the olive theme snack plates I got in a swap from Susi-que -- who just sent Tikanas a swap package with the same tapas theme that Tikanas used with me! -- but I get ahead of myself....

Tikanas sent more to dress the table -- a neat oil and vinegar set (slim, so I can store them in my over-stuffed shelves!) and a four part snack/oil server. Also some funky cocktail napkins that trumpet "girls night out".

{{gwi:1461548}}

But wait, there's more! Tikanas also sent some snacks to go along with the party. Garlic oil for dipping, TJ polenta for so many applications, and not just olives, but COLOSSAL olives, stuffed with jalapeno peppers. If that doesn't get the party jumping, I don't know what will!

{{gwi:1461550}}

And just in case I need a little inspiration, a gorgeous book of Spanish-style tapas, including recipes for things like fried manchego cheese (my new fav), lime-drizzled shrimp, tortilla espana and mojo sauce. Really, who doesn't need more mojo sauce?

Thank you so much, Tikanas! It's a wonderful package and fits just right, from the colors to the tastes to the funky shapes. You done good, and we'll be toasting you at the next "cocktail casting party"!

Comments (25)