SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
centralcacyclist

WANTED: When it rains it pours...

centralcacyclist
18 years ago

Unfortunately swap time unexpectedly coincided with both a time of extreme personal and family stress that I don't care to disclose here and a group of unforgiving rush projects. As a freelance creative, it's either feast or famine. Many apologies to all my cooking forum friends and especially to David, who sent me a wonderful package and to Ann, whose patience with me has apparently been stretched to the breaking point.

{{gwi:1461528}}

David has gifted me with a lovely crepe/omelette pan. I had one a long time ago but it was worn out by continued kid use. That small size was too inviting. The ladels are flat bottomed batter ladels, a whole new concept in ladels for me! Love 'em! I am looking forward diving into the cookbook. We often have big gooey omelettes on the weekends now we can add crepes to the menu as well.

The butter bell is absolutely perfect! Plain, white, elegant. Alice was completely baffled by this item. She had never heard of nor seen such an item. Were they popular in the 70s and fell out of common use?

Nuts! David sent the biggest, fattest, most gorgeous and delicious pecans I have ever seen! These babies are almost 1-1/2 inches long. And he shelled them himself. Does it get better? The sunflower seeds are hard to stay out of but I am trying to control myself, a little... The seasoned pretzels will not last long now that my son knows they exist. I did get a taste. These are yummy!

Also in the box is an avalanche of chocolates. Be still my heart. Ever since Daniel and his heathen friends found my stash of Harry and David truffles and ate them ALL, I have had to find better hiding places for the "good stuff." I have found that the vegetable drawer in the frig serves me well! No one ever looks under the Napa cabbage.

I am also looking forward to learning more about David's beautiful corner of the world from the periodicals he included.

Many, many thanks. I emailed David but have not had a chance to post here and include a photo until this morning. I expect this shall be my last swap.

Eileen

Comments (31)